• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

MAP FILTERS / TOP 100

G

I could be wrong here... but from what I have discovered... unless you're on the Top 100 list... your property WILL NOT show up in map filters.

I used to think map filters were completely random, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

My skill lot was #15 or something on the Top 100 list, and for various reasons I couldn't keep it open, so it fell off the list.
Ever since then, my property HAS NOT shown up in map filters.
I sit at my house, for several hours at a time just waiting for people to come.
I even invested in a spot light, to try and draw people in, but it hasn't been successful, and instead a HUGE waste of money.

In my opinion... I strongly think that any house that's on the Top 100 list should NOT show up in map filters.
Give the new houses, or other people in my situation, a fair chance.

I realize that I could have a few of my friends to come and sit at my house for a few hours to get on the list, but I think that's a little rediculous, considering they all have their OWN houses to worry about, and I'm STRONGLY against spamming people to come to my house.

So apart from spending $500 to keep "rejuicing" my spot light... not really sure what else to do.

Any thoughts or advice on this situation are greatly appreciated

I

independent117

im running into the same problem as you for my cooking house, but i have asked like 50 ppl and they all are saying keep the house open you'll get seen do the spot light. the spotlight will bring me bankruped wit these new payout prices. so i have no idea hun but hang on : )

G

thank god i'm not the only one, haha
but it is a sad case

i just spent a TON of money remodelling my house... and for what?... so i can sit there and skill by myself... wooot

it would be great if one of the dev's would read this and take my idea about "top 100 not showing up in map filters" into consideration, because i think it would be a great help

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

I could be wrong here... but from what I have discovered... unless you're on the Top 100 list... your property WILL NOT show up in map filters.

I used to think map filters were completely random, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

My skill lot was #15 or something on the Top 100 list, and for various reasons I couldn't keep it open, so it fell off the list.

I even invested in a spot light, to try and draw people in, but it hasn't been successful, and instead a HUGE waste of money.

In my opinion... I strongly think that any house that's on the Top 100 list should NOT show up in map filters.

I realize that I could have a few of my friends to come and sit at my house for a few hours to get on the list, but I think that's a little rediculous, considering they all have their OWN houses to worry about, and I'm STRONGLY against spamming people to come to my house.

So apart from spending $500 to keep "rejuicing" my spot light... not really sure what else to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel you! My store got 1 customer today, who made my first sale, im not on the list either. And I cant get anyone to come, I don't have enough $ for a spotlight nor for the spotlight fees.

Maybe, we should form a group made up of like 10 people, who go around 1 hour a night and stay at 2 houses (5 ppl on one prop, 2 groups for 2 houses, 1 hour a day or week) and help people get on the list/map, but we would not help people who are over the #95 on the list. Or those that have more than 1 hour &amp; 30 min in visitor hours.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Maybe, we should form a group made up of like 10 people, who go around 1 hour a night and stay at 2 houses (5 ppl on one prop, 2 groups for 2 houses, 1 hour a day or week) and help people get on the list/map, but we would not help people who are over the #95 on the list. Or those that have more than 1 hour &amp; 30 min in visitor hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should do that. It works.

G

haha, well i wouldn't go as far as saying that... BUT i think i have a good idea

and, by no means, am i looking to be the "most popular" house in ea-land... but it's nice to not have to sit there alone... allll day, lol
i mean, my sim has her OWN skilling/money-making needs as well

the only real reason i built my body skill house was because i noticed there were very few of them, and hardly any ever online
so now, with no real way of people knowing when my house is online... i feel bad that they might not have much of a choice for skilling body

...i doubt anything will be done about this, and i'll still get people telling me "map filters are random"... but trust me... it's not... unless i'm missing something here, lol

G

i think this is a great idea... i would be MORE than willing to help others out... because i know what it's like, lol

i thought it was so hard dealing with a full house all the time with being on the Top 100... now i'd give anything to be back at any number on the list because even 1 visitor is better than none at all, haha

I

independent117

i agree i think we all should stay at ppls houses to help them get up. im sorry but im tired of the same old houses up lol ..I WANT A NEW VERITY LOL

G

yeah... and maybe getting rid of the Top 100 list alltogether... i've seen random posts about people supporting that idea as well

instead of the list, maybe make it possible for ALL online houses to show up in map filters, and let people make their own decisions of which ones to visit, instead of "popularity" or whatever you'd like to call it

I

imported_MARCIN2006

I would gladly form a group, however we need recruits
. Ill think about it and make a thread here a bit later tonight.

G

if i knew how to make a group on this site, i would do it right now... this has been an issue that's been frustrating me for the past 2 weeks or so

it's really nice to see that others share my thoughts, so thank you

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

if i knew how to make a group on this site, i would do it right now... this has been an issue that's been frustrating me for the past 2 weeks or so

it's really nice to see that others share my thoughts, so thank you

[/ QUOTE ]

lol just make another thread saying JOIN MY GROUP or something like that lol

I

imported_MARCIN2006

Lol I was writing a thread about it as you posted the same thing lol. Was a bit slow, as I am on a PDA right now lol.

Lol they were posted 1 min apart :O. How ironic lol. Mines in city hall though.... I guess we can merge our two posts or something lol.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You should do that. It works.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think thats a good idea ... I would help out. Something you might want to try also is maybe a trivia contest and maybe have them wear a hat for an hourly drawing of something small. I would donate some of my crafts, like pest traps, PC's and things like that to help out. It may get some regulars coming in and WaLaaa, your on the map or you have a good reputation with the guest and they might bring more of there frends in.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel you! My store got 1 customer today, who made my first sale, im not on the list either. And I cant get anyone to come, I don't have enough $ for a spotlight nor for the spotlight fees.

[/ QUOTE ]

I started teaching at our store and it is up to #30 on the map. I started by teaching some of my own sims and then I had a few ask me and I figured , why not, i'm sitting here bored anyway. I can help you out too. You can advertise teaching available and I would donate some of my time to come to your store and teach. It put us on the map within a couple of days. Let me know!!

I

imported_MARCIN2006

Alright thanks Shril

Would you like to join the group or just come over to my store and teach?

I

imported_Fire Dragon

Wasn't it written somewhere that you had to have at least 3 ppl on your lot before it would show up in map view?

I

imported_MARCIN2006

Yes, it would show up. But it would go away as soon as that 1 person leaves and you have 2 people left on the lot. Also, its random so not everyone will see the lot.

The problem is, I and many other players cant even get 3 visitors to their lots...!

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Alright thanks Shril

[/ QUOTE ]

I can just set up certain times with you since I teach at my store also. We can get together and discuss the arrangements. I just need to know who you are in game. I send you mine too.

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Alright thanks Shril

[/ QUOTE ]

I can just set up certain times with you since I teach at my store also. We can get together and discuss the arrangements. I just need to know who you are in game. I send you mine too.

[/ QUOTE ]

that sounds good that way we all can do something abt this. theres no sence us waiting around for maxis to fix the problem when we can try and help out the best we can until they come up with a fix to it lol

G

Maxis has to fix this issue with the Top 100 list! I've been having visitors over for the past 5 days staying at least 4 hours RL each, and then leaving. After 4 days of waiting I don't make the top 100 or the map filters there must be a bug somewhere in the code. Maybe the Merges caused the Top 100 to malfunction?

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

Maxis has to fix this issue with the Top 100 list! I've been having visitors over for the past 5 days staying at least 4 hours RL each, and then leaving. After 4 days of waiting I don't make the top 100 or the map filters there must be a bug somewhere in the code. Maybe the Merges caused the Top 100 to malfunction?

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldnt doubt it. i've done 17RL hours on my lot and had abt 18 to 20 ppl there throught the time and they stayed abt umm i'd say 8hrs ....each day for a week and i still wasnt on the top 100chart OR THE MAP

G

i'm thinking the same thing... maybe some kind of bug.
i've never had this kind of trouble getting people to come to my house before.
and it seemed like my house would even show up in map filters when i was the only one there, and wasn't on the Top 100.

...who knows

G

Maxis has to look at this to see if the Merges caused a bug in the top 100?

G

It sounds like you all have found a solution to the problem. Hours are posted about 36 hrs after that days maint. I believe, anyone have a link to how the top 100 list works?
I do not believe the lists are broken. It is just that so many ppl are running multiple accts 23/7. Over riding the timeout feature. I believe EA will do away with the timeout feature soon. I sure hope so.

If you guys stick to this you should be able to make the lists. Remember, the hours shown on the list is for a weeks worth of time. Do not give up after just a few days.

Make use of the calender here. Post the date, time and place for your meetings. If you post the events in the calender, I think you may have a good turn out. For others wanting to get ppl to their lots.

This is what we were intended to do. Make friends and work together, for the benefit of the community.

G

anyone have a link to how the top 100 list works?

The only link is to the original description posted years ago which is not exactly accurate.

Something is broken. Data from only 2 days is used normally - previous VH and lot time. Any lot time from yesterday should be factored into the VH shown today after this afternoon's update. I suspect that the attempt to keep freebie time from being used for the calculation is responsible. Somewhat like paid accounts showing up as freebies in other areas. Only this time, some paid accounts are being excluded from the calculation because they are mis-identified as freebies.

G

It is not 2 days it is 4 days

It is 2 days. The outdated link you refer to has inaccuate information. The correct calculation has been mentioned over and over. However, if you persist in believing what the link says, go ahead.

I'm hoping that the dev's have not fixed the bug with the lists because they have some new method in the works.