• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"manifestationsofwisdom" no longer works?

• Thread starter Trebr Drab
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4
T

Trebr Drab

The Wisp Dungeon Hive, is it no longer there?

If so, why is that Red Wisp still there?
Ir am I not remembering something...?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah I noticed that not too long ago also. Masteropenthydoor no longer works either :(

T

Trebr Drab

I suppose that whole thing about giving something that's "a source of dense knowledge" to a Wisp is done for too.

Typical UO, no continuity. And they can't figure out how to get players involved in "story"?

I've had a bad feeling about Cal's announcement coming. That feeling is sinking to new depths now.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I've had a bad feeling about Cal's announcement coming. That feeling is sinking to new depths now.
My feeling on the announcement is more along the lines of what he seemed to let slip in the last Developer Live Stream. During the live feed (unsure if it's on the recorded version) he mistakenly mentioned Goblins as a playable race at one point. The other Dev's looked shocked when he said it if you watched their body language and expressions. When Cal himself realized he had said it he seemed to have a "damn I kinda let the cat out of the bag" look about him. He even turned to Mesanna and said "I did not just say Goblin did I?" When she said yes and started laughing he said he had meant Gargoyle.

Either way, here is to hoping the announcement is good news. :thumbup1:

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Teleport keywords break. Frequently. Only a handful are left functional on GL.

Trebr, Origin wouldn't be getting a hardware upgrade if Cal's accouncement was 'bad news'...

jeriicco

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suppose that whole thing about giving something that's "a source of dense knowledge" to a Wisp is done for too.

Typical UO, no continuity. And they can't figure out how to get players involved in "story"?

I'm a strong believer that the Blue Wisp mystery is still active and yet to be solved. I've summoned it several times and tried handing it dozens of items(books, scrolls, runes etc...) and I'm now leaning towards the belief that you need to say something rather than give it something. Perhaps a series of trigger words that carry you through a conversation or a phrase of some kind, a phrase that you would assume to be written or said in game some where. My worst fear is that we will never be able to communicate with Wisps.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a strong believer that the Blue Wisp mystery is still active and yet to be solved. I've summoned it several times and tried handing it dozens of items(books, scrolls, runes etc...) and I'm now leaning towards the belief that you need to say something rather than give it something. Perhaps a series of trigger words that carry you through a conversation or a phrase of some kind, a phrase that you would assume to be written or said in game some where. My worst fear is that we will never be able to communicate with Wisps.
hmm...that text is directly ripped from the wisp you talk to in U6, if the "mystery" is the same the "source of knowledge" he wants is the book of mantras, which may be this termur quest book

UO Stratics *New* | The Lost Book of Mantras