• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

mana shield bugged?

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I've tested this w/ mongbats, just sat there and let them hit me again and again, knowing 1 in 4 hits should trigger a mana shield response...

Trouble is, i have yet to see a mana shield response/ system message. It basically does not work at all. As many hits as I take, no indication of mana shield working.

Is this thing bugged or am I doing something wrong? Has anybody gotten mana shield to work?

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you a 120 spellweaving with a level 6 focus and mastery level 3? It seems almost useless at mastery level 1(as most masterys suck at level 1) or when you don't have a focus. I have seen it save me on my 120 weaver with level 3 mastery vs Scalis or when attempting to tame a greater dragon.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The shield works exactly as described, I use it on the field.
There's no system message however there is a subtle animation on CC, haven't played with it on EC.

ioelis

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Are you a 120 spellweaving with a level 6 focus and mastery level 3? It seems almost useless at mastery level 1(as most masterys suck at level 1) or when you don't have a focus. I have seen it save me on my 120 weaver with level 3 mastery vs Scalis or when attempting to tame a greater dragon.
That is good to know, that it works for you. I am also 3rd level mastery and tested it on a 6 focus... perhaps there is a damage threshold that has to be met before it kicks in? Maybe too little damage doesn't count? i will test on bigger creatures and see... thanks

and thanks also mervyn (i just noticed your response)... i am off to test it again