• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mana loss with Salivas?

mihali

Sage
Sampire seems to run out of mana when engaging multiple Salivas. Weapon is Double Axe with 50% HML or so. Or could it be the Vollems in the pile that could mana drain spell? Only bothersome thing, otherwise everything else including Boss go smoothly. Anything special with the Salivas?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes I think it is the wing flap. But , they do make you lose mana with some special.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Salinas are draining out your manager. Correct. This is intended for spawn to be not so "smooth". There are healers not far from Wind . ready to res you.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, Salivas will drain your Mana on hit, and Resisting Spells does not protect against it. They can also use Conductive Blast to halve your Energy Resist, and they can *flap wings* to Teleport to you (even over walls). They have no Slayer, and have high Wrest/Parry skill, so take awhile to kill. They're the most dangerous of the spawn at the new Champ. The Enraged Grizzlies and Cu Sidhes may hit harder, but the Salivas are still more dangerous and cause more deaths.
I'll soulstone on Parry over Resisting Spells for this spawn, because the Mana Drain from the Saliva's hits are worse than the occasionally Mana Drain from a Vollem.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes, Salivas will drain your Mana on hit, and Resisting Spells does not protect against it. They can also use Conductive Blast to halve your Energy Resist, and they can *flap wings* to Teleport to you (even over walls). They have no Slayer, and have high Wrest/Parry skill, so take awhile to kill. They're the most dangerous of the spawn at the new Champ. The Enraged Grizzlies and Cu Sidhes may hit harder, but the Salivas are still more dangerous and cause more deaths.
I'll soulstone on Parry over Resisting Spells for this spawn, because the Mana Drain from the Saliva's hits are worse than the occasionally Mana Drain from a Vollem.
I tried parry and didn't think it helped!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya if it is part of the wing flap, parry won't help, but it may help with not getting smacked by the raging bear or Cu. The Mana drain affects my thrower and he is not close to them, They choose the worst time to hit my Garg, Just when I want to cast another RC and invis.

I have no resist on any characters and do not miss it. I do not see much in the way of debuffs getting on me.

mihali

Sage
Also would be a good idea to un-equip the demon talie when Cus spawn, since they likely hit twice as hard with that on? (It is opposite to Fey slayer I think). Also get lots of karma drop from killing the tree fellows, but likely equalizes at the end I gather.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also would be a good idea to un-equip the demon talie when Cus spawn, since they likely hit twice as hard with that on? (It is opposite to Fey slayer I think). Also get lots of karma drop from killing the tree fellows, but likely equalizes at the end I gather.
I run with a fey bow and a Repond slayer tali on my archer. The rest just use repond or fey, 2 busy to switch.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I find melee fighters tough to use on this spawn solely due to the Salivas. It would be one thing fighting one or two of them, but if you end up in a circle of them and don’t have the ability to invis and run off to recover your health/mana, then it is pretty nearly a death sentence. I’ve had most success playing with my Mystic Mage, so that I can cast invis and break aggro when ever they are pursuing me too aggressively and my summons aren’t enough to slow them down.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
What lvl was the spawn at that you were losing mana. Some one was bringing these to my Chiv/AI pup and she was just chewing right through them with ease and I did not see any Mana drop even when she was surrounded by them. Yes I had to throw a few heals but other than that she was fine.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What lvl was the spawn at that you were losing mana. Some one was bringing these to my Chiv/AI pup and she was just chewing right through them with ease and I did not see any Mana drop even when she was surrounded by them. Yes I had to throw a few heals but other than that she was fine.
It's definitely the salvias maybe it's a anti mana leech effect?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I find melee fighters tough to use on this spawn solely due to the Salivas. It would be one thing fighting one or two of them, but if you end up in a circle of them and don’t have the ability to invis and run off to recover your health/mana, then it is pretty nearly a death sentence. I’ve had most success playing with my Mystic Mage, so that I can cast invis and break aggro when ever they are pursuing me too aggressively and my summons aren’t enough to slow them down.
I used my Tiger form melee guy on Atl because I also figured a sampire or other melee type may not work well for my slow reflexes. Also I see a lot of dead Swampys there.
He cant use specials so he does not do a lot of damage but he can out run them and lose them in the maze of trails when he gets surrounded.

Im glad Atl is busy at prime time still. I am now using my Mystic Thrower and my archer bard for buffs.
I get a Garg and human sash each time. The bard makes the Birds attack each other.

Of all the templates I have used the thower is easiest. He casts an RC and flys around. I throw and RC the boss.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's definitely the salvias maybe it's a anti mana leech effect?
If he is using a Chiv pet, the mana is probably less than 100 anyway and they live on Regen so pets with chiv going to 0 Mana does not affect their killing ability. They do eat those birds fast without spells being used.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
If he is using a Chiv pet, the mana is probably less than 100 anyway and they live on Regen so pets with chiv going to 0 Mana does not affect their killing ability. They do eat those birds fast without spells being used.
Chic/AI Cu with 626 mana constantly casting chiv spells and these things never drain her Mana doing 100 plus damage constantly

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Saying a warrior using mana leech only affected by the anti leech effect
No my thrower gets it when they tele to him. Dude has the only AI/Chiv pet that does not use mana. Or he is sitting on the edge and fighting one thing at a time.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
No my thrower gets it when they tele to him. Dude has the only AI/Chiv pet that does not use mana. Or he is sitting on the edge and fighting one thing at a time.
My pet does use Mana for chiv spells she doesn't get drained and have up to 5 on her at once.

mihali

Sage
Same here. Looking at the posts here, also. For me it is kind of random. I have times when there is a pile of these birds and keep leaching for a while, and as long as I have honored a few in the pile real quickly too, before they get hit, each one that dies heals sampire to full health and mana. But there are many other times I watch the mana go down fast, then pretty soon hit points start declining, then get ready to run out and recoup rather than die inside there. Then go back again.
Looks like random combos of specials they have mana drain and CB. When mana is down I use LS for a bit too. They are not a "smooth" encounter. Salivas on steroids or something. But challenge is the fun.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My pet does use Mana for chiv spells she doesn't get drained and have up to 5 on her at once.
You must have a special Cu. I have not been using my pet for a while, just happened to hear the boss was up so I took it to her. 30 seconds later.
1649195098938.png

It has max regen for mana.

I have never seen a pet with AI/Chiv keep mana.

Or you have less than 100 Chiv on it.

Last edited:

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
You must have a special Cu. I have not been using my pet for a while, just happened to hear the boss was up so I took it to her. 30 seconds later.
View attachment 129255

It has max regen for mana.

I have never seen a pet with AI/Chiv keep mana.

Or you have less than 100 Chiv on it.
So maybe it is only the Boss that does the Mana dump, haven't done the Boss

mihali

Sage
Sampire actually does great with the boss, and keeps leaching great,, hps great, no need to run away from boss to recoup. Its the nasty Saliva variants (they are not regular like in Lady M place), they are seriously boosted and have specials on them. When fighting these I keep close look of sampire hps/mana. Stam is never phased on this one since he has lots of non-med metal armor on. Only prob with boss is that it has gatzillion hit points and you need lots of folks to bring down. Yesterday someone brough Fire Beetle with Poison/AI/RC, can't lore bugs stats since not a tamer, but the boss dropped very quickly, faster than usually. Can the boss be also discorded. That would be awesome : hit it with disco plus RC.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes it's pretty important to discord the Boss.

mihali

Sage
Nice. Thanks for info.
Also did any one get the Eodon Parrot? You just click the egg, and get a cage for it also? Or you supply the perch vs cage?

Shadeweaver

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Isn't the Saliva's slayer a trinket/totem with Bird Slaying take care of her? Just wondering. {Never Mind saw previous post that it didn't work. Think that is plain stupid, they are a bird/woman hybrid?!

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Isn't the Saliva's slayer a trinket/totem with Bird Slaying take care of her? Just wondering. {Never Mind saw previous post that it didn't work. Think that is plain stupid, they are a bird/woman hybrid?!
I tried the bird slayer tali on them.. didn't notice much difference as my sampi could barely touch them... their DCI seems also off the charts

gwen

Slightly Crazed
One more weird thing about Salivas.
Being surrounded with them and being in Tiger or Cat/dog form my ninja is able to use weapon specials (like Pierce or whirlwind on a whip). Not always but definitely 50% of time.

@Pawain can you try this with your ninja warrior ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One more weird thing about Salivas.
Being surrounded with them and being in Tiger or Cat/dog form my ninja is able to use weapon specials (like Pierce or whirlwind on a whip). Not always but definitely 50% of time.

@Pawain can you try this with your ninja warrior ?
He went to small shards now to buy things with eggs he got from trading sashes. After clicking eggs for many hours I'll try to remember to test that.
I can't stand doing more than 100 a day. I can't handle repetitive tasks if they don't involve killing stuff.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
He went to small shards now to buy things with eggs he got from trading sashes. After clicking eggs for many hours I'll try to remember to test that.
I can't stand doing more than 100 a day. I can't handle repetitive tasks if they don't involve killing stuff.
Is there any difference where you will turn those eggs in? I mean shard.

Also I came to LS, mage some eggs, nobody was buying or trading them. I'd like to have some sashes. On LS or on ATL

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is there any difference where you will turn those eggs in? I mean shard.

Also I came to LS, mage some eggs, nobody was buying or trading them. I'd like to have some sashes. On LS or on ATL
Ill trade sashes for eggs. Have them on whichever is easier for U. LS or Atl.

I'm On Atl now. Archer standing under the Luna Stable sign named Elfcott.

Ya they went egg crazy on LS at the beginning, Quite a few new and returning players made a lot of gold.

Now no one is buying there. But they are still collecting.