• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mana Leech

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can a mana leech weapon still leech mana when used against a creature that doesn't have any mana?
Yes it does. The mana leech from being in wraith form will not. Mana leech on weapon leeches regardless the critters mana pool.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ah yes sorry
Weapon mana leech, wraith form mana vamp
I was wrong

yes can still hit life leech off undead
Only certain monsters have tainted life where you can’t leech life, paragons, corgul, scalis

Last edited:

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
To clarify, these are 2 different types of abilities.

Leech abilities (Hit Life Leech, Hit Stamina Leech, Hit Mana Leech, etc.) will always work based off their proc chance. (Unless the mob has corrupted life leech, or no leech on them).

Drain abilities (Life Drain, Mana Drain, etc.) only work if the target has that stat available to drain/steal. Wraith Form gives you "Mana Drain", which is why it depends on the target's mana pool.

Life Drain from Vamp Form and Curse Weapon still technically work this way too, but you never actually see it because if you are attacking something, it has health for you to drain, otherwise it's dead.

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Drain abilities (Life Drain, Mana Drain, etc.) only work if the target has that stat available to drain/steal. Wraith Form gives you "Mana Drain", which is why it depends on the target's mana pool.
I think this is wrong

I thought wraith form was mana vamp, not mana drain
The mana drain spell gives the caster mana?
The hit mana drain effect you can get on weapons gives the wielder mana?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I think this is wrong

I thought wraith form was mana vamp, not mana drain
The mana drain spell gives the caster mana?
The hit mana drain effect you can get on weapons gives the wielder mana?
We're both partially wrong. Vamp Form, Curse Weapon, Wraith Form are Drains still as indicated by their buff tooltips, and will only work if the mob has mana/life to drain.

The Hit Mana Drain property on weapons from reforging or loot rolls, while still listed as a mana drain, does not return mana to the player, only removes a % of it from the mob based on damage done.

So there are multiple things flagged as "mana drain", but work differently depending what they are o.0

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
They should've named them (vamp form, curse weapon, wraith form) mana/life vampire on the buffs rather than mana/life drain.
For clarity

instead they have 2 groups of things that do different things, named the same thing. Which is really dumb of devs.