• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Man im dissappointed in myself

B

Bloodeye

Hey Fellas,

as some ppl might recognize, ive been around a lot in the last weeks.
I have the equip to solo peerlesses, its flawless imho, except of my weapons, they lack a bit.
My template is finished.

But i even get my ass kicked by the bone deamon.
Dont get me wrong i consider myself as a very decent uo player, i did champ spawns alone and some other though stuff with other chars.

But it seems that i cant handle my Sampire

I cant kill irk, he beats the [censored] out of me

And i dont know why. Ive read post of ppl that have a lot less equip and seem to beat dreadhorn and stuff.

Is it just because i use Fencing?
Is it because i use War Forks ?

I got 115 Swords stored in a soulstone, should i switch and burn my rest runic hammers on swords weapons?

WHAT THE [censored] IM DOING WRONG?!?!?!?

And dont tell me its practice, because i literally died around 300 times approaching irk.
I usually try him like 5 times a day till im pissed and stop it.

But that i even couldnt kill the bone deamon disappointed me too much.

I am considering to buy a 120 swords, if its that better.

Would be glad for some help. Especially in the Weapon choice.

Or is there a good Sampire Player on Catskills, who would take me under his wing for a couple of hours? Maybe do dread with 2 player ?

Thanks Fellas, for the help!

Greetings

C

Connor_Graham

Use Soul Seeker on Irk & make sure to Honor him. I was able to take him down fairly quickly on my second attempt this way. I don't think it really matters whether it's swords or fencing, but the weapon you use certainly does. I've learned that one the hard way.

B

Bloodeye

I still have 120 fencing switched in, you think its worth going swords and just have 115?!

Edit:

So you think its my weapon, hum.
i got two more gold runics and a aga, should i continue to built warforks or you think leafblades or a 2handed are better?

Edit2:

Btw I vote Connor Graham for moderator

C

Connor_Graham

LOL, I'm sure there are quite a few that would rally against me being a mod, but thanks for the vote of support.

Back to the topic, the weapon does make the difference. With Irk, along with Spite and Guile, using a weapon that is 100% physical will lead to nothing but frustration, and as with any weapon a Sampire uses, Stamina Leech, Mana Leech and SSI are must haves. You simply have to have these mods to fully utilize your template and mana pool. Honoring all opponents is the cardinal rule prior to entering into any high end combat so you get the massive damage hits for the leeching. Irk took me down like a sack of potatoes the first time I went up against him, and had me running through the desert like a girl (no offense ladies lol). The ONLY reason I wasn't able to take him is that I missed honoring him, so wasn't able to get the big hits going against him. Soul Seeker + Honor equals dead Irk. Be conservative of mana with him and his brothers, as their mana vampire spam just plain sucks, so you have to use what you manage to leech and keep sparingly. I found that it works pretty good if you can get a couple of corpsers near you, or even one of the bog thingamajigs, so that when you run out of mana, you can switch over to one of them for a couple of swings and get some quick leeching in, then switch back.

Dreadhorn is a whole different story. I haven't been able to solo him yet, but then I didn't have my new axe at the time either, and I'm hoping it makes the difference.

Since you have Fencing, try to find a leaf blade or UBWS swords wep with Cold, Fire or Poison damage and no physical. This will allow you do still do damage without having to cast Cons Wep.

I

imported_Farsight

I'd offer help on Catskills, but my schedule this week prevents it (besides the fact that I'm in Europe and the times I play, most people are working). Still, if you ever see an Aneirin or Path (both samurai), I'd be glad to help out.

Anyhow, my sampire, Aneirin, has the same trouble with Irk, Guile and Spite. No matter what happens, I can't seem to damage them, and they don't damage me much either. It turns into a long stale mate. After going through a lot of different weapons (I haven't tried Katrina's crook yet, maybe I should try that), I've decided that my problem is with my template (very high necromancy) and armor (darkwood) rather than my weapon, especially since my normal samurai, Path, doesn't even break a sweat against these guys.

I've decided to try a new samurai, this time with Connor's template (much discussed in other threads) but with fencing instead of swords to see if that makes a difference. Then I can take advantage of the many fencing weapons I've found over time.

I haven't managed to solo any of the peerless yet, but Aneirin has done well in groups against DH and Mel, but Travesty turns into an impossibility against a group with Aneirin in it. My latest project has been to try to get to Paroxysmus, but the killing of Putrifier has eluded me so far.

B

Bloodeye

Hey Farsight would be glad to do something with you.

today a buddy and me got dread horn to 40% with 2 ppl.

Im from germany, so the early time is no problem for me.
I would be glad if you have some time, just post here or write me a pm.

greetings!

B

Bloodeye

After i got yesterday this leafblade:

hml 47%
ssi 20%
40 di

With this i was able to kick irks ass.

AND NOW I MADE THIS ONE WITH A GOLD RUNIC HAMMER:

hsl 32%
hml 44%
ssi 25%
di 40%

Its 40% Cold, 40% Poisen, 20% Energy
I would say now i got a decent pvm weapon, dont i?

Thank guys for the tips, dreadhorn will now soon lay in the dust!

K

Kith Kanan

btw how importent is ssi on an ornate axe if u got 150 stam , I got an axe with 40 +di and 73 mana leech and 80+ life leech I might wanted to test , should be able to leech quit nicely with it

Could switch between my pvm and my pvp ornate for max gain

pvp has 35 ssi , 40+ hla and hld , 10+ hci , 40+ lightning and 40 + di

G

<blockquote><hr>

I cant kill irk, he beats the [censored] out of me

And i dont know why. Ive read post of ppl that have a lot less equip and seem to beat dreadhorn and stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've solo'd IRK using a Darkened Sky, making sure to honor first. I've tried other weps, but Dark Sky seems to be what works for my template. It takes a while and lots of healing/evading, but have done it (to my amazement) several times.

G

Natural regen rate, I have 70 mana to start with, so I seem to do okay in the mana dept. I use evasion and EoO, and I have enough mana regen to be able to cast it and the occasional Divine Fury to regen Stam. I really don't use any other spells requiring mana while fighting it. Dark Sky is 50 Cold, 50 Energy wep with 60% lightening. It does work good!

Deception

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kith, did you mean your pvp ornate has 25ssi? Or 30? Sounds like a great axe nonetheless, I'm curious to see the actual mods.

K

Kith Kanan

my bad it has 25 ssi , but its ok when u run with 153 dex
and I use a radiant with 55 ml 44 hld 47 hll 14 dci and 41 di

P

Piehunter

<blockquote><hr>

Hey Farsight would be glad to do something with you.

today a buddy and me got dread horn to 40% with 2 ppl.

Im from germany, so the early time is no problem for me.
I would be glad if you have some time, just post here or write me a pm.

greetings!

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened to the last 40%?

P

Piehunter

<blockquote><hr>

I still have 120 fencing switched in, you think its worth going swords and just have 115?!

Edit:

So you think its my weapon, hum.
i got two more gold runics and a aga, should i continue to built warforks or you think leafblades or a 2handed are better?

Edit2:

Btw I vote Connor Graham for moderator

[/ QUOTE ]

I use a kryss:(made w/ val hammer)

44 hld
48 hll
48 hml
42 lightning
13 hci
39 di

for the soloing of DH

I use the same for IRK, just make sure you stay consecrated against him.

B

Bloodeye

Hehe we killed Dread Horn now 4 times

Its pretty easy, unfortunatly i cant kill him alone!

But i guess thats ok

my equip is perfect, but i lack the right weapon i guess.