• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Male/Female and Human/Elf Differences

K

Keno

Yes, this is probably a question asked too many times but I've not been able to find the answers I'm looking for so thought I might ask...

With the help of so many here Tamers on Europa we've been able to acquire some great pets for my wife's character. Matter of fact, with the tremendous assistance of Galladin, we are the proud parents of a fantastic White Wrym! (Without his help there was no way it could/would have happened - Thanks again Galladin!)
Problem is now that I've gotten a chance to see how much fun a Tamer can be I've been thinking of starting one for myself - probably on Atlantic. Torture though the skill may be to get started once you are moving it is great fun and goes good with a slow connection! :)

Knowing that female tamers can have Unicorns and males Ki-Rins (there may be other differences I'm not aware of) what are the benefits of Elf vs. Human - aside from the increased mana and Cu Sidhe (human would have to wear Pads)?

Without using an advanced character token: What are the best skills to start out with? Music and Peace or Taming and Lore? Perhaps Taming and Peace? Peace has been a true bear to tame... no pun intended.

With a Token it seems pretty simple a choice: Start with Music and Peace - if getting a Tamer char. Or, Taming and Lore - if starting a Bard. Which of these would be best for using a Token? Choose a Bard or a Tamer? (I'd have to drop or stone a bard skill to place magery on the Bard template though)

Thanks for your time and to all those that have been such a great help!

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Taming + Vet

Unless your not going to be a vet, if that is the case the Taming and what ever you want it wont matter that much.

K

Keno

I'm guessing you feel I should start with a Bard Token then? I definitely plan on Vetting but thought that it would be better to have the increased control chance with Lore. Guess if Vet gains are like Healing it would be better to start with that and let Lore raise on it's own. Should happen pretty quickly. Thanks for the input - hadn't considered that aspect.

5% Luck

Always go with the tamer token. peace while it is slow will go alot faster than taming ever could. I d find the taming jewlery 1st thing if ya can afford that and the token its feasable. If not wait till you have the jewlery.

Also of note you can set a macro for use skill peace wait for target target self and set it to a common letter on the keyboard like S. this way while your chatting youll be gaining skill!

Im pretty sure you have the main differences of elf human male female down pat. Only thing to mention is even with the pads you wont be able to "tame cus" just own and ride them.

K

Keno

Thanks to both of you for the info. I believe the JOAT will outweigh not being able to tame a Cu. Not certain about that but if all else fails I'll "explore my elven heritage" and make the switch. Thanks again for the help and insight!
Happy hunting all

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd go for the advanced tamer template, as it also gives you magery which is handy for a lot of template choices. And you can at least get some kitsune and hunt with those straight away.

Being an elf is handy if you want to tame cu sidhe, but once you do it's only if you wanted to wear things like elf only armour, get the night sight (which those spring turn in earings cover) and there's also a buff to detecing stealthers, if you like playing peekaboo :D

As for setting up your new character, I think with the tokens you can have 200 skill points which they won't touch when the template is applied to your character. If you're after peacemaking, I'd suggest training it and music on that toon first and then getting the advanced char. If you're going for 120 you could always put the peace onto a soulstone to prevent yourself being over 200 skill, then take the points back once you've got the taming skills in place.

Or if you have a spare character slot you can train the music skills on that one, and potentially then exchange them for taming and train that on the fresh character too. But if you're anything like me, you'll be having enough fun with kitsune that you don't mind the slower gains.

I hope the above makes sense, if not feel free to ask more questions :)

Wenchy

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Other folks have pretty much covered most of the advantages...But also look at the fact that until SA brings Gargoyles into our lives Female Elves are the only characters that can make use of and wear every single type of armor in the game.

U

uoBuoY

I would recommend adding Disco to your temp. It's what makes a Tamer uber! It's a real pain to train but at 120 it reduces your target's skills and resists by 28% and it doesn't have a timer (as long as your nearby, the target remains Discoed). Your pet's can take on tougher stuff or kill the same stuff much faster. Also Disco is invaluable in training your pets. You Disco your pets and their skill levels and resists are lowered making it easier to gain.

I have 2 tamers: female Elf and male Human...covers all the current bases.

Lock Music and Lore at 100.0 so the other, tougher skills will gain easier. Music and Lore are pretty easy to train when your other skills are where you want them.

Try to avoid using jewels when training unless you have a good reason such as: wanting to start taming gaman because they're non-aggressive and live in a safe neaighbor. Jewel up then remove when appropriate.

One more suggestion, if you can, keep your total skill under 350. I used 2 separate chars: one trained the Bard while the other trained the Tamer. I don't know if this true but it "feels" as though the gains are quicker under 350. At the very least you will get 2, 3 or 4 GGS every 24 hrs.