• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Making "talking" pets "fixed"

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Edit:
There's been a change to the logic involved in making a talking sabretooth (and almost certainly lion and triceratops).
Now, you can't drop the crystal on a pet and expect that to work.

Last edited:

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I didn't think that was any more overpowered than having a 5-slot trained blue beetle. Oops, I shouldna be givin' Merv more ideas hey.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
fill me in
Long long ago, all pets were "pack animals," sort of. They could "fetch" and "drop" and some wild critters (white wyrms) would loot when wild and then have what they'd looted in their "packs."

Some of that was nerfed... I remember having a pet carry 4000 stone of hides. I remember pictures of dead white wyrms that had been carrying hundreds of items.
Pets stopped looting their kills.
"Fetch" was removed from the command set because people had been abusing it by having flying pets "fetch" runebooks in rune libraries, thus ruining the rune libraries.
The "pack" became limited to 125 items and 400 stone, whichever came first.

"Drop" was never removed. You can still have a bonded pet "drop" and the contents of its "pack" will drop onto the ground.

Most pets lost their "packs." A few pets remained where you could drop an item onto a pet and it would go into the "pack." The method for making a talking pet involved having a healing triceratops lion, or sabretooth that had never been dead. You could drop a communication crystal receiver onto that pet. With the communication crystal broadcaster in your own pack, you could make the pet appear to "talk," by whispering.

It was fun for a while.

With the new fix coming to your shard next week, you can't drop a communication crystal onto a pet and have it go into the pet's "pack."

Now I regret posting about the method earlier in this forum.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hehe now you can get that 50M for the talking Pets!

No, Meryn found out on his own when the new pet arrived.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You have less than a week to make a talking Lion,Sabre Tooth, or Triceratops on shards that are not published.

upload_2019-3-13_16-56-14.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Curious, would this work with a Giant Beetle or pack horse/llama?
I think that was one of the original intents of the crystals.

Put them in backpack and spread out the beetles so you can talk to a large crowd. Without having to own house or someone running off with receiver.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Use communication crystal receiver. Turn on and link before.

They also eat transmitters so don't put it on them. I have some with many in their bellies that I did wrong.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Use communication crystal receiver. Turn on and link before.

They also eat transmitters so don't put it on them. I have some with many in their bellies that I did wrong.
Nope, "the creature looks at you strangely..."

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We just made a saber tooth talk on LS.

Ours still eats stuff. They do say they look at you strangely but its gone.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We just made a saber tooth talk on LS.

Ours still eats stuff. They do say they look at you strangely but its gone.
You just drop the crystal on the animal, right?
Maybe my triceratops is "special" :D

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You just drop the crystal on the animal, right?
Maybe my triceratops is "special" :D
It has to have healing and never have died. I just had to re do one of mine because a pk took my stuff last week.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It has to have healing and never have died. I just had to re do one of mine because a pk took my stuff last week.
Oh I see. Yeah, I was just able to feed an untrained one. The trained one most likely died before and would not eat it.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have some with many in their bellies that I did wrong
You can get everything out of the "pack" from a bonded pet by using the "Drop" command, e.g.
Mypet drop

With the new change, though, you can't put the crystal back in to a pet.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
You can get everything out of the "pack" from a bonded pet by using the "Drop" command, e.g.
Mypet drop

With the new change, though, you can't put the crystal back in to a pet.
Hehe.. Thats why when we put stuff out here we do it with a little anxiety..lol
**Ooops I hear a nerf hovecraft hovering or should I say Mervin-craft lol (mommy it should not be working this way please fix!)**

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am sure this will stop being funny soon enough, but I think in the process of trying to feed my tryceratops a comms crytal, I managed to feed one to my tamer. He repeats everything he says like Jimmy "Two times", and there is no crystal in his pack.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I am sure this will stop being funny soon enough, but I think in the process of trying to feed my tryceratops a comms crytal, I managed to feed one to my tamer. He repeats everything he says like Jimmy "Two times", and there is no crystal in his pack.
Awesome!!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just noticed one of my accounts toons hears what another account says. The one that hears has no crystal and never did. He also died in Mel and I had to go eat so I didnt get body back so there is no crystal on him.