[Inscription] Making Super Slayer Spellbooks

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
May 21, 2008
Colorado
Has anyone been successful in making spellbooks with super slayer properties (repond, undead, demon, reptile, arachnid, elemental) lately?

I just burned through 35K blank scrolls with my GM scribe with 117 magery (adjusted to 120 via item) and made 0 super slayers. When I was scribing about a year ago I was making one about every 10K scrolls. Has something changed in a patch since then that I missed. Or am I just having bad luck with the RNG?

Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-

K

-=KLiM=-

no, regular luck, u've had good luck before when makingn one every10k scrolls. I used about 70k scrolls to make my collection of superslayer books (although i've got several of undead, 2xreptile), none of 'em has any other mods also :(

G

GFY

IDK does arms lore effect inscription? Do you have a good Inscription talisman? I've heard in the past that 120 REAL skill is the way to go if you want to make ubber spell books.

N

NickyDishes

yup u need real magery skill to get full effect......using items to 120 magery doesnt work for scribe

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard
item bonus WORKS. I made a lot of spellbook with 3 properties and I have only 75 real magery. I can craft all 8th circle without fail.
If really the bonus doesnt works I had to fail always the 8th circle, but I have about 80% of success chance ;)

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 14, 2007
Pacific
i have to say making a superslayer book is very rare

i wish you can imbue spell books.. that would make me happy.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 9, 2008
IDK does arms lore effect inscription? Do you have a good Inscription talisman? I've heard in the past that 120 REAL skill is the way to go if you want to make ubber spell books.
This. Yes you need 120. Arms lore doesn't do anything in terms of inscription. Good inscription talisman will help add +success rate % to signing your name. Others will say it matters little for helping your chances. I say otherwise. That's my 2 cents.

Then just have a TON of scrolls. Don't just go through 100 or 200 scrolls. When you do books, stand by a place where you can pitch the regular ones (or save them to turn in...too tedious to me), AND make ALOT of them. That typically means at least 1000 scrolls.

Doing only a few at a time each day will guarantee the probability of not seeing one super slayer spellbook. Ever.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 9, 2008
no, regular luck, u've had good luck before when makingn one every10k scrolls. I used about 70k scrolls to make my collection of superslayer books (although i've got several of undead, 2xreptile), none of 'em has any other mods also :(
Well yeah...pretty difficult to get mods. I've burned through tons of scrolls...hundreds of thousands over the years and the best I think I've done is a +10 Magery with +10 Eval on an elemental slayer. Too bad I don't need those 20 points in something else.

Best books that have stats usually aren't super slayer spellbooks. Gotta thank the RNG for that.

S

Salya Sin

I'm sure having 120 magery increases your odds a bit but I am 106 natural and 115 with mods and when I was GMing my scribe I used about 100k in scrolls and made 10 super slayers. 2 with additional mods on them. I did this the week before SA launched because I wanted to be able to make scroll binders. Soo.. this is recent information.

Maybe it is a talisman thing because I wore a plus 22% inscription tali for awhile. Some of the spellsbooks I managed to make were INSANE! I was really impressed.