• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

making Items to unravel for relic frags

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pub64's Unravelling Calculation.

[Change point]
If "Imbued", correction rate is 0.70. Before, correction rate is 0.80.

Therefore, obtaining Relic Fragment by unravelling "imbued" equipment almost becomes impossible.

If obtaining Relic Fragment by unravelling "imbued" equipment,
it is necessary to satisfy the following conditions.

- imbuing intensity is more than 496%[not weighted intensity].
- valorite / frostwood
- Gargoyle
- Queen's Soulforge
unravelling intensity = (496*1.2+20+30)*0.7=451%
I just tried the following and it yielded essences:

Gargoyle, Queen's Forge, Exceptional Valorite Kryss - 57 durability

damage increase : +45% [90%, overwriting]
hit dispel : 44% [88%]
hit fire area : 44% [88%]
fire resist : 13% [86%]
luck : 100 [100%]

Total = 452% intensity

S

saarak

Hello guys,

I've just imbued the following weapon:

Katana, Exceptionally crafted, 106 durability

Value | Intensity

Damage Increase 42% | 84%
Hit Fireball 44% | 123%
Hit Lower Defence 44% | 114%
Hit Mana Leech 46% | 96%
Hit Life Leech 40% | 83%
_________

500/500 intensity

That I enhanced with valorite, when unraveled it yieded essences?!

I am a gargoyle character (10075 loyalty => Noble) unraveling took place at Queen's Forge.

So, even if the factor is now 0.7 I should get (500 intensity*1.2 valorite bonus+20 for being a garg+30 for being @Queens Forge)*0.7 for unraveling imbued thing) that should give me weighted intensity at 455 which should be enough for a relic.

Please let me know if I am missing something here :confused:

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to do the calculations with unweighted intensity:
di 42% --> 84 %
hit fireb 44% ---> 88%
hld 44% ---> 88%
hml 46% ---> cant say becourse weapon speed is a factor
hll 40% ---> as above

M

Malimus

I made a couple crossbows and imbued them up then enhanced it with frostwood for a total of 526/500 weight. Got essences in return. The days of crafting relics are over unless something in the patch is not right. I mean you would think 520+ weight would yield a relic would you not? I used 2 mods needing enchanted essence and i imbued one mod to max with special ingredients too. Not to mention 4 out of 6 broke when enhancing and the mats weren't really on the cheap end.

Wish they would have just fixed the tinker crafted hammer method rather than this. But i guess i don't blame them. People exploited the hell out of the tinker hammer method. It was basically like imbuing fletcher's tools and getting a relic or two for it. Think about the scripted stockpiles of relics some people have now from this... *Shakes head*

A great gold sink would be to just sell relics on imbu npc's around Ter Mur for like 50-75k a pop. That would keep things rolling and not limit people to buy from the over night super inflated prices of the people that stock piled off this and the other past ways to easily make relics. Relics are already back up to 90-120k+ each on Pacific when they were down to 35-45k ea. lol

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's funny that some people keep harping on the hammer, when it was far easier, as a gargoyle, to just fashion a 5x13 bracelet or ring, and unravel. Not to mention far cheaper. At least the valorite (at least, according to those on the forums here) are still an extremely limited commodity. I try to mine at least 3-4 hours a week, and I haven't seen any in a month.

No, like usual, the only winners here are the folks in Luna. S'ok, though - it takes longer, but there are drops out there that have the same stats that require relics to imbue already on them. And they aren't artys.

IMO, this wasn't a nerf bat... this was a genuine Louisville Slugger..

O

Orin Darkbane

You know, I really dont get it. I came back to the game about 2 months ago after having been gone since ML. One of the big things that drew me back was imbuing. I saw what it did and thought: "this is freaking great, being able to make gear with the stats you want and need to be able to keep up with people without having to spend billions of gold to do it, or get super lucky on an extremely rare drop."

To me, it felt like imbuing was a great thing put in to try and equalize players more. I guess that isnt what the devs intended afterall, and we are right back to Luna folks being catered to yet again.

G

Gowron

You know, I really dont get it. I came back to the game about 2 months ago after having been gone since ML. One of the big things that drew me back was imbuing. I saw what it did and thought: "this is freaking great, being able to make gear with the stats you want and need to be able to keep up with people without having to spend billions of gold to do it, or get super lucky on an extremely rare drop."

To me, it felt like imbuing was a great thing put in to try and equalize players more. I guess that isnt what the devs intended afterall, and we are right back to Luna folks being catered to yet again.
I don't get it. I've imbued a suit and weapons that work great for me. The only downside is that it takes a while to get the required materials, but it's alot better than spamming doom in hopes of getting the right combination.

M

Malimus

It's funny that some people keep harping on the hammer, when it was far easier, as a gargoyle, to just fashion a 5x13 bracelet or ring, and unravel. Not to mention far cheaper. At least the valorite (at least, according to those on the forums here) are still an extremely limited commodity. I try to mine at least 3-4 hours a week, and I haven't seen any in a month.

No, like usual, the only winners here are the folks in Luna. S'ok, though - it takes longer, but there are drops out there that have the same stats that require relics to imbue already on them. And they aren't artys.

IMO, this wasn't a nerf bat... this was a genuine Louisville Slugger..
Well I was harping on the hammer method because i was pretty sure it would lead to a nerf and i am sure it was one of the MAJOR deciding factors in this recent relic crafting nerf. That's just what happens when someone posts these kinda guides and how to's on stratics and spreads it around to be common knowledge.

The dev's see it and think the mass's are doing it and many people were. People start complaining and then the devs take action (*sometimes/eventually*) and most of the time that action screws more than just the people that were exploiting something that wasn't exactly right.

The hammer was an exploit... Think about it. Its a carpentry tool that cannot be equipped and only cost one ingot to make. And it only needed a 429/500 weight to yeild a relic.

Yes this was and is EA/Mythics screw up but that doesn't mean everyone should have taken advantage of it because a select few were. But whatever... Hate to say it but i told ya so........ :gee:

And i agree with you... This was a genuine Louisville Slugger.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In this case, you haven't understood how imbuing works at all.

Making this weapon in the screenshot below cost me approximately 15,000gp of regular gems (which are available in every jeweller's shop) and a couple of magical residue and enchanted essence (which you can get for free if you hunt for 20 minutes and unravel the loot).
Before imbuing was introduced, such a weapon would have been sold in Luna for much more than a million.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Made this in about 5 minutes just now. Used Undying flesh for the Undead slayer. Don't have the ingreds for Repond. Used 21 relic frags. Imbued the slayer first then the SSI. Required 9 to make plus lost 12 more failing. Used over about 100 regular gems or residue with failures on the last two properties. Used two PoF also.

10 Undying Flesh - 250k
2 PoF 150-400k each
21 relic frags 2mils

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For a truly elite bow, I'd make it 30% SSI then enhance, thus breaking a lot before succeeding to enhance.

M

miss uo

In this case, you haven't understood how imbuing works at all.

Making this weapon in the screenshot below cost me approximately 15,000gp of regular gems (which are available in every jeweller's shop) and a couple of magical residue and enchanted essence (which you can get for free if you hunt for 20 minutes and unravel the loot).
Before imbuing was introduced, such a weapon would have been sold in Luna for much more than a million.

No powder...Your hunting trips will be short

E

Elydir

Posted elsewhere:

Here is a crafting recipe that should work. I think you will decide it's just not worth it.

Make a valorite carpenters hammer from tinker's menu. Must have at least 50% durability.

Imbue with:
50% damage increase - 5 enchanted essence, 10 citrines, 10 crystal shards

50% hit fire area - 5 magical residue, 10 rubies, 10 raptor teeth

50% hit stamina leech - 5 magical residue, 10 diamonds, 10 void orbs

50% hit dispel - 5 magical residue, 10 amber, 10 slith tongues

96 Luck - 4 magical residue, 9 citrines, 6 chaga mushrooms

That's a 496% item which is what it will take now. Remember on each failure you can lose the magic ingredient (essence, residue) and the gems.

B

Beastmaster

Posted elsewhere:

Here is a crafting recipe that should work. I think you will decide it's just not worth it.

Make a valorite carpenters hammer from tinker's menu. Must have at least 50% durability.

Imbue with:
50% damage increase - 5 enchanted essence, 10 citrines, 10 crystal shards

50% hit fire area - 5 magical residue, 10 rubies, 10 raptor teeth

50% hit stamina leech - 5 magical residue, 10 diamonds, 10 void orbs

50% hit dispel - 5 magical residue, 10 amber, 10 slith tongues

96 Luck - 4 magical residue, 9 citrines, 6 chaga mushrooms

That's a 496% item which is what it will take now. Remember on each failure you can lose the magic ingredient (essence, residue) and the gems.
OMG!! Hurry! Hurry! Someone call the nerf squad! They are still making relics. :gun:

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Posted elsewhere:
I didn't test if that works, but if it does it isn't the intensity by itself that makes it work.

For instance, take the hammer method and put the hit dispel to 46% and instead of luck use UBWS for 500 intensity and it would give essence.

There is a different piece to the puzzle code change. Maybe now its obvious?

Here are more hints. There are a number of artifacts that don't give relics because of the coded change and I believe they used to...try unraveling a talon bite or luna lance and other stuff like that.

-Lorax

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Made this in about 5 minutes just now. Used Undying flesh for the Undead slayer. Don't have the ingreds for Repond. Used 21 relic frags. Imbued the slayer first then the SSI. Required 9 to make plus lost 12 more failing. Used over about 100 regular gems or residue with failures on the last two properties. Used two PoF also.

10 Undying Flesh - 250k
2 PoF 150-400k each
21 relic frags 2mils
That truely is a nice weapon.
My point is: You can make a decent (albeit not that perfect) weapon if you just use a lucky find and imbue it, with hardly any cost. The reason why I didn't powder it was that I always can make a new weapon like this when it breaks. Not worth the powder, if you ask me.

I usually make slayer weapons by burning a dull copper hammer until I get a weapon with either 30%SSI, 15% HCI or the appropriate slayer property, whatever you prefer. Then imbue the rest, which usually requires only 5 Relic Fragments and a couple of regular gems.

B

Beastmaster

10 Undying Flesh - 250k
2 PoF 150-400k each
21 relic frags 2mils
My point is: You can make a decent (albeit not that perfect) weapon if you just use a lucky find and imbue it, with hardly any cost. The reason why I didn't powder it was that I always can make a new weapon like this when it breaks. Not worth the powder, if you ask me.

I usually make slayer weapons by burning a dull copper hammer until I get a weapon with either 30%SSI, 15% HCI or the appropriate slayer property, whatever you prefer. Then imbue the rest, which usually requires only 5 Relic Fragments and a couple of regular gems.
Try making that same weapon in a month with new ingredients. You won't be getting 21 relic fragments for 2M.

A

a gargish zombie

I am truly in a brain over-laod mode at the moment with all of the information listed here! Will someone please PM me with the cheapest way to make Relic Frags? If you would be so kind as to give me the exact process and order of create and imbue that would be most helpful! I am a Gargoyle with access to the Queen's Forge. Thanks!

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

10 Undying Flesh - 250k
2 PoF 150-400k each
21 relic frags 2mils

Try making that same weapon in a month with new ingredients. You won't be getting 21 relic fragments for 2M.
Relic fragments are still averaging 65k-75k on Pacific shard. That's still well under 2mils for 20.

M

MYUO

It's funny that some people keep harping on the hammer, when it was far easier, as a gargoyle, to just fashion a 5x13 bracelet or ring, and unravel. Not to mention far cheaper. ..
Today I tried multiple times on both Chrome's hammer method and your bracelet method. None of them work - 120 imbuing skill, Queen's soul forge. They all give 2-3 essence each. Anyone has been sucessful recently? Thanks in advance for the help.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today I tried multiple times on both Chrome's hammer method and your bracelet method. None of them work - 120 imbuing skill, Queen's soul forge. They all give 2-3 essence each. Anyone has been sucessful recently? Thanks in advance for the help.
Almost every method posted here so far has been nerfed. The methods requiring runics, recipes and rarer gems still work, for now.

M

MYUO

Almost every method posted here so far has been nerfed. The methods requiring runics, recipes and rarer gems still work, for now.
Thank you Ezekiel for the info. I just came back to UO a couple of weeks ago after a long break. Felt like a newbie.