• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Making items for unraveling to Relic Fragments (new thread)

A

AngelOz

used up other gems I had and just tried getting relics from:

Butcher's War Cleaver (15 made)
Guardian Axe (9 made)
True War Cleaver (13 made)

Not one relic returned... Only enchanted essence, :( Bah!

115 imbuing, human, using Ter Mur public forge, Bronze Runic, DC ingots... And gold ingots when i ran out of DC.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish I had known what you were doing as using a bronze runic I made 5 guardian axes from DC =zero relics, 5 true war cleavers = zero relics, 5 twinkling simitars gold ingots = 1 relic fragment. (this is with a gargoyle 120 imbuing at the queens forge.)

A

AngelOz

Im wondering if i should have tried to do another imbue on the axes and true war cleavers before unravelling... Perhaps that might have made a diff?

N/m. Time to go mining i guess to find some perfect emeralds.... Least those and knight war cleavers yield relics.

You think there would be some other way though, other than unravvelling arti's *hehe*.

*kicks self for selling a bunching of artis dirt cheap*

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't imbue the ML crafted weapon. It gets hit by a penalty taking it to 70% intensity for unravels once imbued. This, as documented earlier in the thread, probably nullifies your attempt to get relics.

T

TheMac

i just made 350 true war cleavers and unraveled 300 relics and about 400 EE. i used bronze runic and dc ingots. Brilliant amber is much cheaper then perfect emeralds so it works out to making the same amount of money on selling relics.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Brilliant amber - "cheaper"?

In my experience it's 2x5 times more expensive, on my shard, as there's so few people logging that the majority of colored wood comes from vet reward tree stumps.

T

TheMac

Way cheaper on chessy brilliant amber- 100k for 10 Per. Emes - 800k for 10

R

rscozz

any chance to make relifc with cheaper runic hammer? bronze is way way too expesive, is there a change to do it with shadow or even cheaper DC runic hammer?

immortalsinsoul

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
From all this it sounds was easier to farm 5k lol. On atlantic u can buy yhem for 5-12k. Reading how to get relic frags made my head hurt lol.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
From all this it sounds was easier to farm 5k lol. On atlantic u can buy yhem for 5-12k. Reading how to get relic frags made my head hurt lol.
This all was before Neo Shame loot.
After Neo Shame loot, you can hit Shame/Wrong/Covetous level 3 and 4, kill a bunch of high end foes and get a lot of relics from unravelling. :)

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just curious....but are Relic fragments THAT hard to get that you gotta try to craft them ? everytime I farm mud eles for loot I pick up everything they drop , unravel and I get like 25-50 fragments per play session on a slow day

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I'm with you @Duke_Hammerfest . When I go hunting for UEVs, I loot pretty much everything and pull down probably around 100 relics in an hour when I get the statue bonus. Without I suppose it drops down to 75 or so perhaps.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, as I said, they aren't now.
But before the neo-shame loot was rolled in, they were quite hard to get, so you had to craft them. Very little loot other than some artifacts would unravel into relic fragments.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Relic was 50-100k per one... imbuing any relic mod (LMC, HCI, etc) was pretty expensive)
with neo-shame loot relic is easy to get