• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Making chocolates??

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone actually managed all the ingreds to make a chocolate? I have hunted paras all last night and 3 hours today and have 7 of every ingred except sugar. Which is required to make all three. Am I missing something?? Am I crazy (don't answer that). Help, Please, Anyone!!!

A

Autum-Fall

I have tryed for about 5 hours today & no ingredients at all im kill rats like water there must be a better way than this, or im just unlucky

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Keep trying hun is all I can tell you. You are killing paragons in Ilshenar correct?

PS Jeremy sent me an email this morning in response to my feedback about the none mark and she's on it!!

F

frodofeet

I spent about 3 hours last night, killing mainly ratmen, harpies and easy undead. Hundreds of kills later I went home with:

2 x Bags of Sugar
2 x Vanilla
7 x Cocoa Butter

And I died a total of 3 times when attempting some tougher paragons, lol

Try to find a spawn location and keep killing is all I can suggest. Or spend an hour or so wandering everywhere, from gate to gate, killing paras you come across.

I do agree though that just dumping the loot on paragons is totally useless for crafters/chefs who generally don't have the skills to farm paragons. I'd liked to have seem something more imaginative from the devs i.e. a non-combat way of getting the resources.

C

Cerwin_Vega_Uo

What do the new items look like? If all you can make is the same lame chocolate you get as a gift is it worth hunting for the items just to display them? Most times they just take items they already have drawn and recolor the whole item and it looks like a 6 year old worked on it. Could someone post a pic of them.

T

Tamsin

I wanted to test something...

I hunt Shadow wisps for bones in Ilshenar but they've never given Paragon chests. I wasn't sure if the chocolate ingredients would appear on them either.

But they do.

I got 3 sacks of sugar
2 bottles of vanilla
3 cocoa liquor
3 cocoa butter

All in about 30 minutes.

Seems to me that a cook could get these pretty easy.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not much of a cook but im a boy scout (Like to have things just in case).

I been looking since 2/15 and so far i have

6 Cocoa Liquor
6 Vanilla
2 Cocoa Butter
2 Sack of Sugar

C

Cerwin_Vega_Uo

Well i finally got all the items and i love how they are all the same color and the only new graphic (i think) is the butter and it just looks like a odd shaped square. If the chocolate you make from them is gonna be lame u could atleast put alittle more time into the vanilla and butter.

G

So basically we have to hunt paragon critters to make an edible piece of blackrock that everyone has a bunch of from the v-day gifts. Wow, how many seconds did it take to add that one in? I had a feeling the chocolate recipes were just an after thought, kinda takes the whole gardener excitement of cocoa trees away too.

Rey~

G

I know what you mean it was a pretty big let down they could have at least alloud us to make hearts for valentines day, rabbits for easter maybe a santa for christmas or something.....make it worth the effort.....maybe they will add to it.

Cooking really has so much they could add to it to make it useful and more fun and just a more used skill in ultima.

I

imported_Gwendar-SP

The big question in my mind is does chocolate do anything or is it and the ingredients just something to take up storage?

I

imported_Fran Fury

At the moment...no it does nothing except take up space.

However, there was hinting by Draconi that there could possibly more to it that they have not told us about yet.

Personally, I am holding onto all my ingredients until after the next pub to see what might be in the future. And keeping my fingers crossed.

G

At least with the amount of activity and questions about the ingredients it may help promote cooking. So, don't get discouraged and make sure you give feedback.

Sometimes I think that the Dev's forget that there are other skills. If those skills aren't improved or changed then there's no reason for people to try something different.

Variety is the spice of life!

M

Merhiney Granger

Hermione Granger - GM Chef on the Atlantic shard . About a week back i started collecting the ingredients so had about ten of each . Actually sugar i have found to be the one i get least of but that may just be me ( hunting location-etc ) as i have read another say that is the one they get most .
I used up a good amount to get two exceptional piece's of each type for my food collection and vendor ( just north of brit gate Atl for those who would like to see , sorry i have no time to make a screen shot/upload ) . It is identical to the blessed chocolate with the exception of having blessed .

In typical backwards uo fashion the hard one to make is an exceptional milk chocolate . Easy to make the exceptional white and simple exceptional Dark .
My intelligence seemed to fly up after consuming the non exceptional and a few of the exceptional ones while capped cooking and doing vet skill to my cat . New char though so. . . Noticed no other affect but i will guess typical uobs it has some useless affect for a house sitting crafter such as my gm chef .

I suggest everyone saves thier ingredient's as at least for me no matter what setting i have it will not allow me to mark the exceptional piece's .

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*tags to last*

Seems to me that ratmen should be the ones that drop the items needed for the chocolates. They are always carrying around almost every other food in their packs.

M

Merhiney Granger

Anyone who wants to see the chocolate ingredients a pic is here .
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/8688/hermionegrangerskillstg7.jpg
top is sugar in the sack like flour form , middle left top bottle's vanilla , cocoa butter resembling the parrot wafer style and on the bottom is cocoa liquor in the bowl form .

The technique's i use beside the asking at the bank for chocolate item's and having it in my profile note 5,000 per and i resell for 10-15 per . Starting at Ilshenar Spirituality gate , I see most people just hunt one monster . What i will do is go everywhere for instance , above the wisps and pixie's is trolls , spiders , reaper's and the harpie's area too . Check there then down to the wisp's clearing paragon's as you go . If at any point you wish to make a paragon spawn just wipe out all the monster/creature's in that area . Or if you cant find paragon's anywhere that is how you get them to re-spawn .
Next move down to the skeleton imp area just below the pixie/wisp's . After that swing east to the brigand's and then up to the ratmen . Now run through the bit of forrest that has the wolve's and check there on the way pass the meer town and north west of that is another pixie area which spawns some cool horse or odd animal paragon's . Next follow the path east then north and around south to the other reaper , water elemental , imp , mongbat and headless area . Then back around that whole area again , you can shortcut using the various gate's
( there are 3) . In that run around one trip would take approximately half an hour i get 10 - 15 ingredients plus the gold etc . I get more just bank sitting and asking the passer by's but that is heavily dependant upon traffic .

G

can you mark chocolate with your name or not? mine just say exceptional with no name tag

M

Merhiney Granger

I am unable to mark as well , from what i read it is broken or was overlooked and supposedly will be fixed sometime . . .

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am unable to mark as well , from what i read it is broken or was overlooked and supposedly will be fixed sometime . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

aweee thank you for reply