• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Making cash as a bard (solo)

B

bombvoyage

Hey all ... so my bard is making big steps forward to reach his final build ...

120 Music
120 Disco
120 provo
110 magery
120 focus
120 mystic

So as i recently started again after lets say about 10 year break i am wondering how to make some cash with my bard when hes finished. Everybody around me seems to be so astronomically rich and the prices for nice armor and other stuff is really high. Had the luck of getting a nice event item and sell it for a good amount but by building 2 chars i allmost spend anything on powerscrolls etc.

So can you give me some input on nice spots for solo bards with my setup?

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, Swoop is easy and gives decent gold... Just a thought.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
swoops are good but it takes a minute or 2 to kill them.
what ya want is something you can kill fast and respawns fast.
for speed when i need fast cash i actually go for rune beatles.
they pay out like 1500-2000 in gold per and they are easy to disco and die in seconds.
literally seconds.
you can drop one in usually under 5 seconds.

so where swoops pay out about the same or maybe a bit higher, you are able to kill 20 rune beatles in the time it takes to kill one swoop.

bang for the buck!!!

hehe

but if you just want cash, make a stealther and get a bag of sending and start hitting fel spawns.
you can usually bank 200k-300k in one spawn if your fast.

demons in fel are nice too.
demon temple on fire island is one of my fac haunts.
same as rune beatles.
instant spawn and fast to kill.
and easy to recall out from and back into.

i allways found Bedlam to be good for gold and loot as well.
and fun!
it can get hairy in there, but thats what we like, no?

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I also will try those rune beetles. It could have been me who asked that question. I have the same character (depending on what I choose on soulstones). Then again, the OP talked about "astronomically high amounts of gold", didn't (s)he. I never got above 500-700k gold per hour with anything - and somehow don't think rune beetles will be much better. With price tags above 30 m on certain items you might want (read: you need them and really can't play without them!) it will take a year of just collecting gold and not doing anything else to acquire them (unless you play 8 hours a day). Or just think of buying a castle on Atlantic, they go for 1000m, don't they. Unreachable for me.

Kelly O'Brian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
30m-items you "really can't play without"? YOU? Really? o_O
And ultra-rich by "honest working" you wanna become, my young padawan? :D
Wake up, our world is more real, than we are afraid of in our dreams.

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Kelly O'Brian... the billionaire? :)
I admit there were days when I was better at wording my postings. But somehow I am not sure what you were trying to say either - I did not get your point. Does it mean we need to switch to the dark side, enslave other players, scam them, use exploits, duping and unapproved third party software? Hm.

What does the majority of players do today? I've seen quite a few billionaires! I am not yet convinced they are all scammers, exploiters etc.; But... you are convinced that this is the only way?

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
....but if you just want cash, make a stealther and get a bag of sending and start hitting fel spawns.
you can usually bank 200k-300k in one spawn if your fast.
Could you expound on this one a bit, Poo?
;)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
when the champ dies 300-500k of gold hits the ground in piles.

just pick it up and use a bag of sending.
what does a BoS cost, like 20-30k on most shards?

you can send gold through at 60k per pile.
x20 charges per bag, so thats 1.2 mill you can make per bag of sending.

thats what i do on the bigger shards when i need money and im too lasy to go out and farm it.
just hang out in despise and pick up gold, hehe