• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Making Bulk Arrow Shafts

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a way to convert a large stack of boards / logs to arrow shafts without having to keep putting small quantities (200 to 300) of boards into the backpack?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can farm Centaurs for Arrows. They spawn normally in the Serpentine Passage in Ilshenar, and doing the Oaks/Twaulo spawn will also spawn a crapload of Centaurs to kill for Arrows. You can farm Meer Captains for Bolts, but they're a bit harder than Centaurs, and you'll lose Karma for killing them. They spawn in Lakeshire, and the Meer Catacombs.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if you happen to use the EC you can set up restock and Organizer clients to take whatever quantity of boards your pack can hold and put them in your pack, make the shafts, then put the shafts in another container. put the gump for making the shafts up and the gumps for the bags up and you just hit the three buttons in order until you have made as many as you want.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No there isn't despite my asking multiple times for a saw table where I can drop stacks of logs and have them cut into boards...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually.....

The addition of the Lumberjack's Satchel from the Huntmaster quest in Skara allows you to put about twice as many boards into your pack as before. It weighs 3 stone, and holds up to 1000 boards at 50% weight reduction.

So, you could have 1000 boards in a satchel (character backpacks can hold 550 stone, even if you can't move more than a step every 10-15 seconds from the weight) for 503 stones of your backpack's weight (3 for satchel, +500 for the content). this allows you to craft 1000 shafts (100 stone weight) in 1 move. The shafts will be in your backpack, though there might be a glitch (like what happens sometimes with smelting ore to ingots) where the system sees the boards and shafts at the same time and drops the shafts to the ground underneath you.

Of course, this means having most of your other junk out of your character pack when crafting.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually.....

The addition of the Lumberjack's Satchel from the Huntmaster quest in Skara allows you to put about twice as many boards into your pack as before. It weighs 3 stone, and holds up to 1000 boards at 50% weight reduction.

So, you could have 1000 boards in a satchel (character backpacks can hold 550 stone, even if you can't move more than a step every 10-15 seconds from the weight) for 503 stones of your backpack's weight (3 for satchel, +500 for the content). this allows you to craft 1000 shafts (100 stone weight) in 1 move. The shafts will be in your backpack, though there might be a glitch (like what happens sometimes with smelting ore to ingots) where the system sees the boards and shafts at the same time and drops the shafts to the ground underneath you.

Of course, this means having most of your other junk out of your character pack when crafting.
I just tried this and Basara is 100% correct. I was able to hold 600 boards in my satchel and make 600 shafts at one shot. Nice! Thanks!