• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

making a jail?

M

Malrieth

i am thinking about making my own "alkatraz" and make my own jail as a home i think it would be fun but it is just my idea need to wait to make it. i would like to see "ideas" on this thread for cells, prisoners, and keyrings on walls. plz reply!

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you playing from prison right now?

Or did you just get out? ;)

Just wondering. :D

hehe.

I have seen houses set up as prisons and such… they come and go, so I can't show you an example. I think it's a little more important to keep in my mind function then taking the whole house and making it a set of small bared door rooms. 1 level? Yeah. I’m a big fan of dungeons as part of a house set up. Use the whole first level, then build the actual entrance to the house on level 2. I’ve even built a jail-like set up for provoke training, hidden in the house. Hate to say the current owner crammed it with so much rubbish I’m a shamed to show anyone.

There are also things like the wall torches, bed of nails, iron maiden, rack, travesty remains that can be set to natural so they look like pools of blood, spider webs of all kinds… the list goes on and on. More then just bred and water.

There are 2 prisons in game, in town… one is near the South/West bank of Trinny. One is far out on Yew, on an island west of the city center. You could start with that.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just a sample of the fun you can have with dungeon decor... in a different house I did. More dungeon then jail.

M

Malrieth

ok, #1 im not in jail nor have i ever been. #2 i like the pic you sent me but i need to ask you something... Where do you get the blood pools? i have been playing for little over a year now and i need a bit of help on this stuff. i was thinking of having a "vender" that sells lockpicks and maybe a skeleton container with them in it if i need to, also i just made a chef, so i can make food, plus, it wont be pretty! MUAHAHAHAHA! i guess i could scrape together enough body parts to make the cell look "used" and i guess ill show you what i come up with when i make it. please help a bit!​
:heart:

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are the Travesty Remains I was talking about. You can find them on vendors... you only get them from 1 monster, in 1 dungeon, by group hunting the Travesty Boss. They come in a few different shapes and normaly are blue. You use a statue dye tub to change their color or remove it. You can also use the new dyes from plants and the toxins to remove the color.

Any item, at least the question to where they come from, is easy. Ant Lions, in the Ant Dungeons, give the "Unknown Mage" and the like bone containers. Body parts... shipwrecks. Really nice bones come from shadow wisps... the harmless ones.

I'm not going to show that whole level of that house... but its like 30 million worth of rares and days of collecting junk.

M

Maximilliean

There was also a token or reward that gave "a hanging skeleton" that looked like a skeleton chained to wall. The jail cell I had in my former (now fallen) home had the hanging skeleton, a prisoner and a teleport tile. The door and tile were set to owner only and the tile's mate was hidden on the 2nd floor of my house. So unsuspecting people would step on the pad and be teleported into a room you couldn't get out of.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was also a token or reward that gave "a hanging skeleton" that looked like a skeleton chained to wall. The jail cell I had in my former (now fallen) home had the hanging skeleton, a prisoner and a teleport tile. The door and tile were set to owner only and the tile's mate was hidden on the 2nd floor of my house. So unsuspecting people would step on the pad and be teleported into a room you couldn't get out of.
That hanging skel.. is a 4 year vet reward. :D

Actually... that little picture I posted? That cell you see is the same way. The house is very tempting for a passer-by to come in and explore… and they end up falling into a hole in the floor and into jail cell. The friend I built this house for only uses the top 2 floors of the house. There is a house to house teleporter that sends them to a neighboring twin vendor house, 2 houses up. It was a lot of fun building both.

By the way… if anyone wants to see this house for themselves… go to Atlantic shard. Looney Lagtown (Luna) bank. Head west until you are outside the city, then go to the line of houses and then south to you see a very evil looking custom castle sitting on lava. ;)

aulbrey

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you have the stygian abyss expansion some of the doors found in the customize menu have a cell door sound effect with them i always thought those would work nicely for a jail themed home.