• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Making a character on Siege

jtw1984

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How hard is it to field a mage on Siege? Do people usually use regs for casting?

What is the easiest temp to make and keep on Siege?

Sorry, the reason I ask is I just dont have time to constanstly restock. However, I only play in fel on real shards so I figure why not give Siege a shot?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
It just got a hell of a lot easier. RoT caps have been removed. LRC suits are pretty cheap. Good timing!

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How hard is it to field a mage on Siege? Do people usually use regs for casting?

What is the easiest temp to make and keep on Siege?

Sorry, the reason I ask is I just dont have time to constanstly restock. However, I only play in fel on real shards so I figure why not give Siege a shot?
Siege is just like any other shard dude. Except you lose your gear when you die...

So that means. Don't run a completely gimped out 100 lrc, 40 lmc, 70 dci, 20 MR suit unless you're not afraid of losing it. I know the guys in my guild run those suits, but they also pay a pretty penny when they die.

Most people make good use of the faction artifacts and many of the new arties. Just gotta weigh what your willing to lose...

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, it is not hard to field a mage. And no, few people use regs. Imbued full LRC, 70 resist suits are available for well under 100k.

For template advice, you probably need to state whether it is for PvM, PvP, or both.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Building skills here is super easy, and gold transfers over 5:1. If you have a bunch of gold on prodo, transfer it over (I'll do some if you have ATL gold..)

120s here go cheap, resists/evals go for roughly 3m, while magery/myst goes for 5-7m, although someone just bought one for 10m LOLOLOL.

Anyways, as far as gear goes, you'll most likely need regs when you start PvPing. After you kill some people and sell their gear back, you'll be sitting nice as far as gold is concerned, so then you can start buying up your seeds of renewal and faery dust to make uber suits w/ LRC.

Most mage suits consist of faction arties - Folded Steels, orny, crystalline, crimson, HoL or Fey legs, and imbued mage weap (expensive) but I can give you a crappy one for free if you're interested until you get your **** going.

The rest of the pieces are usually extremely high-end imbued stuff, but you can get as crazy as you want with it. LRC/MR/LMC/HPI/MI/resist are the mods you're looking for.

burdensrise

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To add onto something Freesly brought up. You can also make pretty good playable suits using the cheap 5k silver faction items. Fey Legs, Carapace and Kasa add in some jewels and a little imbued runics. You got yourself a pvp worthly suit that wont break your entire bank every death.