• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] Makes it fun to play the Enhanced Client?

Makes it fun to play the Enhanced client?

• Yes, it makes really fun to play

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • No, it makes no real fun

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • No, iam only playing it because i have to and feel like a aplha tester

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, today i want to know, how do you think about the client, makes it fun to play with it?

F

Fink

I find it takes a lot of the tedium out of certain tasks and in doing so it makes the game more fun to play and less "work".

Looting is excellent and could only be improved by allowing us to designate a loot bag. I'd love to send loot straight to an unraveling bag when I right-click items in a corpse. Still it's lots faster than dragging everything in Classic.

Macros are easy and fast to make and use, and I often find myself making up some new ones for all sorts of mundane things; refilling pitchers, picking apples, filling plant bowls, and so on. Rather than bind these little ones to keys, I have these on a hotbar that drags out from the side for when I need it.

There's no hard limit to how many stored targets, macros, or resource counters you can have.

Just about any stat, ability, or action can be placed on a hotbar, and there's no fiddly lining up of spell icons. They just need to add item count for inventory.

Resource gathering is very easy and flexible. Once Fishing is added to Target By Resource, it will be excellent.

Evaluating a suit is so easy, much better than using Classic and a spreadsheet.

There are plenty more but I would be preaching to the converted.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I really like the new client ! has made my uo life much easier!

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It certainly has its problems, but using the enhanced client takes the tedium out of many things. Generally speaking, it is more fun to use the EC than the CC.

J

Jesusislord

I voted: it makes no real fun.

Partly because I like the way I dress my characters in 2D, and I can actually see what I'm wearing and say "Awesome, my character looks good in this outfit". I can't say the same thing about the Enhanced Client.

I find the interface is waay to clunking and disorganized. Perhaps it would just take some learning.. but having played the 2D for so long it's a chore in and of itself just trying to make things work as much as possible like the 2D client.

It feels like there's just too much stuff on the screen.. and this is coming from someone who has like half the spellbook icons on their desktop in the 2D client. It's too modern, too much like World of Warcraft or one of those fancy new games.

The graphics are nice though, I enjoy them. However, most things aren't much different from the 2D graphics, if they are different at all.

I guess it's just hard for me to understand the new client's interface. Perhaps it will take time, perhaps I'll give up. But having two accounts, it sure makes it a lot easier to play both accounts at the same time.. (Or at least have them logged in at the same time) by running one in 2d and the other in the EC.

It's nice though.. and it's probably a lot easier for people who haven't played the 2D client more or less since it was released.

I'm not sure anything can pull me away from 2D+UOA.

J

JPDefault

Yes, quite fun. As a newcomer, I tried the Classic Client first (faster download), and although it runs smoothly, it just lacks basic functionality.
I wouldn't care too much about the CC's ugly graphics, but the EC is just a lot easier to use for a newbie like me. :thumbup:

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Iam really suprised! For me it makes also a bit fun, but i have played KR years before and for me KR makes much more fun to play.

Iam really happy with the new stability improvments, but the wonderfull artwork, the good and clear rendering of the mobiles, the wonderfull landscape, the fastness and the sound on all levels of a house, iam missing a lot!

The trees, the gates, the fields, are clear and not double animated, the monsters look like they are a part of the game, now it looks like a 2d world, without shadows, with 3d monsters which are sometimes big like a corpser.