• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Make UO a mmorpg again please ?

B

Barrakketh

One thing I think that made UO more of a mmorpg was the smithing/forge , the tailoring and the way these areas brought players together in game.

Earlier in UO many players would go to Britain's smiths to smelt ore , smith, or have repairs done , and to the tailors to use the spinning wheel and loom to create cloth. This brought a lot of the UO players together and created more of a UO community and made it more of a mmorpg.

Anyone have any good ideas that could do the same , something that would help bring the players together in game to interact in Britain.

One idea I had was have a Britain fair grounds and flee market. Have a permanent area that had a fair/festival going on with game booths and areas for craftsmen to make and sell items. You could have an auctioneer npc's for players to sell wares and crafted items and games that people could play that awarded prizes to players

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I usually find it easier to craft in my house where all my ingots, boards, hides, gems, runics, etc. etc. are. I also have never been a public crafter since I saw a lot of public crafters get poor treatment over the years. However, if there was some incentive to work at a public forge, I certainly would. Maybe a slight bump to runics when working at a public forge, or some cooperative crafting system. Things that would help people in the long term. I think a game with a few prizes that people will eventually all have won't build a lasting community.