• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Make Old Faction Warhorses Transferable

Eon Blue Apocalypse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have several faction warhorses [TB/COM/SL/Minax] from switching between factions over the years.

Since the old system is no longer relevant, wouldn't it be cool to be able to transfer them between players?

Or a way to transfer them to other characters on the same account, maybe a hitching post function.

Last edited:

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tis funny. I found a red faction war horse statue... dropped on the Luna bank floor, in December.

Locked it down on the step of my Mini Mall (that sees loads of traffic)… hoping someone would claim it. No one has.

I didnt even know they became statues... like ethereals. Wouldnt they be bonded, like any statue bond? NAMED... thus, they cant be owned by someone else... pasted, locking them down.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tis funny. I found a red faction war horse statue... dropped on the Luna bank floor, in December.

Locked it down on the step of my Mini Mall (that sees loads of traffic)… hoping someone would claim it. No one has.

I didnt even know they became statues... like ethereals. Wouldnt they be bonded, like any statue bond? NAMED... thus, they cant be owned by someone else... pasted, locking them down.
Are you sure it isn't a 16th anniversary horse?

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Of course the OP wants this, if they were he'd be sitting on 100plat worth of horses lol :p.
I don't think he's talking about the reallllly old ones that are crazy rare. I think he's talking about regular minax, tb, Com, sl horses.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't think he's talking about the reallllly old ones that are crazy rare. I think he's talking about regular minax, tb, Com, sl horses.
And how much d'you think they'd be worth if tradeable? It was those ones I was referring too

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its REALLY red... and has writing on it:

VoV Warhorse
VoV Item
Owner: SirDog

Then its not a faction warhorse its a vvv horse, which can still be bought from the vvv NPC silver trader for 500silver points.

Regarding the old faction warhorses, alot of people still have them, so wouldnt be worth that much. I have about 6-7-8 of them on difference chars.
Cant be traded atm.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And how much d'you think they'd be worth if tradeable? It was those ones I was referring too
I don't think they'd be that valuable. Most people that have pvped have at least 1 or 2 in stable. And want to hear a sad story? I saw an old style sl horse about 8 years ago that must've gone wild, I was approx 5 seconds from taming til it got guard whacked!

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh well. Trying to be helpful doesnt always work, I guess.

STILL... if the named guy that owns it comes to me... I wouldnt keep it.

I have no clue how the silver system works nor do I even enter Murdererland. :)

Eon Blue Apocalypse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I was talking about the TB/SL/COM/Minax warhorses.

I don't think they would cost that much at all especially with the 16th anniversary horses out there. There are TONS of faction warhorses out there in stables. Anyone that pvp'd around this era.....or even not pvp'd knows this. At the end of factions all you had to do was basically exist to qualify to buy a warhorse.....and they weren't that much silver.

Like I said in my original post...….even if they just make a way to transfer it between characters on the same account, I'd be happy with that.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
no.

these are non transferable because they are now like challenge coins.
if you where there you have one, if you weren't, you don't.

no participation trophy here folks.
just good old grinders who all know the pain of sitting watch over night on some sigils.

plus they gave the masses 16th anv horses already to keep them quiet.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no.

these are non transferable because they are now like challenge coins.
if you where there you have one, if you weren't, you don't.

no participation trophy here folks.
just good old grinders who all know the pain of sitting watch over night on some sigils.

plus they gave the masses 16th anv horses already to keep them quiet.
I'd at least like the ability to move them to another character on the same account.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
theyd be very valueable. the vvv ones are kinda junk, because you have to maintain "battelreadiness" by buying spending vvv points on those courage potions.

the old faction warhorses have over double the stats of the anniversary ones

the rarity, plus usefulness would most likely fetch a price of 500m to 1bil pretty easily.

id like it to change too, but many people would complain. would be another instance of something prepatch, no longer available to the average player giving those who have them a very large benefit, cosmetically and functionally.

Eon Blue Apocalypse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I was never one of the people that held sigils overnight. I was the one that killed the guy before they got the sigil to their base ;)

Oh well, worst case scenario it looks like I'll continue to look pretty on my TB/SL/COM/Minax horses :D

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
theyd be very valueable. the vvv ones are kinda junk, because you have to maintain "battelreadiness" by buying spending vvv points on those courage potions.

the old faction warhorses have over double the stats of the anniversary ones

the rarity, plus usefulness would most likely fetch a price of 500m to 1bil pretty easily.

id like it to change too, but many people would complain. would be another instance of something prepatch, no longer available to the average player giving those who have them a very large benefit, cosmetically and functionally.
I have to correct you there.
Old faction warhorses might be rare and all, but are not used for pvp in stead of VvV horses, since you cant res them without vet.
I myself have a couple of old faction warhorses, and i never use them for pvp. pvp today is dismount kill pet, and then u are screwed coz u cant res a faction horse without vet..

Eon Blue Apocalypse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
In regards to it only benefiting a few.....it would benefit about as many people interested in the high tides expansion...…….of no interest to me.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
faction horses arnt rare either, im not sure why people keep referring to them as such.
i know myself id wager i have over 100 of them scattered over every shard.

i know at least 3-4 old guild mates that have the same.

ive also got a couple toons that have all 4 flavors in the stable.

im sure most old pvp people have at least 1 sitting in the stable.

simply making something that is unique in game transferable for the sole purpose of allowing a couple people to try to make some perceived billion gold sales cheapens the game and cheapens the memories that a lot of old faction people hold.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to correct you there.
Old faction warhorses might be rare and all, but are not used for pvp in stead of VvV horses, since you cant res them without vet.
I myself have a couple of old faction warhorses, and i never use them for pvp. pvp today is dismount kill pet, and then u are screwed coz u cant res a faction horse without vet..
couldnt you just you the npc vet? how do res the vvv? i guess for me i just dont like the courage potions needed for the vvv ones.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and ill give away pvp trick of mine (cause i havent pvped in long time) i just keep anny horses in my pack and spawn one if im dismounted. can instantly mount the new one.

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I agree with Poo completely on this matter. If you played factions, you got the horse and kept it, it is your special horse along with the memories. Making them transferable would ruin that. I was in factions with Poo.

Eon Blue Apocalypse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Then, it would be nice to at least transfer them between characters on the same account. I don't really care about selling them as much as I care about utilizing them.

I think giving the hitching post the option to transfer pets between characters on the same account would be cool for everyone, not just faction characters.

Like lets say you only have one account, and you want to trade a pet from one char to the other, have an option where the hitching post can store a "transfer" pet that you can log onto another character on the same account to claim.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
and ill give away pvp trick of mine (cause i havent pvped in long time) i just keep anny horses in my pack and spawn one if im dismounted. can instantly mount the new one.
That was my trick! Stealer!:) Except i did it with VvV horse's.They could be farmed forever.

Last edited:

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If these horses arent rare like people keep saying then they should be transferable... Whos it hurting? I have 2 and wouldnt mind trying to get the other 2 just to have a set.

Just out of curiosity what happens when you try to transfer them... Does it say you cant or do you get screwed and they disappear or something? Im not brave enough to test it out since I dont have masses of these like other people seems to.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If these horses arent rare like people keep saying then they should be transferable... Whos it hurting? I have 2 and wouldnt mind trying to get the other 2 just to have a set.

Just out of curiosity what happens when you try to transfer them... Does it say you cant or do you get screwed and they disappear or something? Im not brave enough to test it out since I dont have masses of these like other people seems to.
Copy to TC and try it...

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
old ones or no, faction warhorses they should not be transferred!
The only reason for such a request is to "sell" them, so = no!

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would so love to use my old faction horse(s)
Only change i want to faction horses, is to be able to res them without vet, like the vvv horsies.
And besides that, it would be cool with more colors on the battle field :)

I did try to use my old faction horse for pvp, and every time it got killed it was a pain in the ass getting it ressed at the vet guy

PageBoy

Journeyman
Nothing wrong in selling an horse imho, specially if it’s no longer obtainable...

and no, I don’t have any faction horse nor I don't care to have one

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I’m curious how someone else selling anything, horse or otherwise, affects you?

I have several faction warhorses and would like to be able to swap them around to different characters now, so selling them isn’t the only reason for someone to want to transfer them.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't see why they can't be traded or sold what does that hurt?

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing wrong in selling an horse imho, specially if it’s no longer obtainable...

and no, I don’t have any faction horse nor I don't care to have one
I’m curious how someone else selling anything, horse or otherwise, affects you?

I have several faction warhorses and would like to be able to swap them around to different characters now, so selling them isn’t the only reason for someone to want to transfer them.
if that type of horse was born to not be sold or transferred, why should it become one? why do you need it? I would like many things, but I don't ask to change the rules of the game, and you don't have to do it either. Simple isn't it?

PageBoy

Journeyman
if that type of horse was born to not be sold or transferred, why should it become one? why do you need it? I would like many things, but I don't ask to change the rules of the game, and you don't have to do it either. Simple isn't it?
your life must be so sad :/

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Truth is they are not really any different than the 16th-anniversary ponies which I can sell you a 100 of those any day of the week ... it's just a different skin... so IMO there isn't any difference if I were to sell a Faction horse or a 16th-anniversary pony... So why shouldn't we be able to sell them? Because someone has a stick up their nethers about them now being "rare" well so is a Dread Warhorse and so is a Bane Dragon... see you get one of those now...

The difference there is I can sell the Dread and Bane... but I am stuck with the horse where it is.

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Elixir of Rebirth will res pets. 1 empty bottle, 1 medusa blood, 3 spider silk. Alchemist makes it.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So before you were against commerce... now you’re against change...

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So before you were against commerce... now you’re against change...
I'm not against change or commerce, i'm against "these" incomprehensible changes....just to make a profit!

i wish to have a castle,
i wish to have more golds (I'm not rich)
I WISH!

cmon....

Truth is they are not really any different than the 16th-anniversary ponies which I can sell you a 100 of those any day of the week ... it's just a different skin... so IMO there isn't any difference if I were to sell a Faction horse or a 16th-anniversary pony... So why shouldn't we be able to sell them? Because someone has a stick up their nethers about them now being "rare" well so is a Dread Warhorse and so is a Bane Dragon... see you get one of those now...

The difference there is I can sell the Dread and Bane... but I am stuck with the horse where it is.

the difference between "Dread Warhorse or Bane Dragon" and the faction horses is that these were never created to be sold, it is not that difficult to understand. I understand that you insist on being able to sell and earn on these horses ... I say mine and it's "no", but I'm not a developer so it's not for me to decide, I just say mine, can I?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Honestly I don't care either way but my two cents...

the difference between "Dread Warhorse or Bane Dragon" and the faction horses is that these were never created to be sold, it is not that difficult to understand
You are 100% right that the intent of the faction war horse was to never be sold. That being said almost half of the stuff in the game that people actually want are the things that weren't ever intended to be something to be sold. The faction colored items was a bug that created purple hued items (like spellbooks) that people bought. Same thing with the Royal Brit horse that people obtained (which I swear I was one of the first that had them and they were deleted!!) and now people are selling for a small fortune.

Just because things weren't intended to be used a certain way doesn't mean they aren't or shouldn't be sold... just my opinion though.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not against change or commerce, i'm against "these" incomprehensible changes....just to make a profit!

i wish to have a castle,
i wish to have more golds (I'm not rich)
You do realize that both of those wishes are perfectly possible for you to achieve right... no player started off in UO with lots of gold or a castle. The only person keeping you from those goals is you.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just because things weren't intended to be used a certain way doesn't mean they aren't or shouldn't be sold... just my opinion though.
thats correct and i agree.... but let me say at last what i think about it!
nothing more, dev'll do what he want...

You do realize that both of those wishes are perfectly possible for you to achieve right... no player started off in UO with lots of gold or a castle. The only person keeping you from those goals is you.

I do not agree. I played for many years and then I closed. For about 1 year I have been back but I have already lost my desire. There are too many players who "don't play properly" today more than ever. I'm not a jerk, but maybe I'm the only stupid player who still doesn't use programs, scripts or anything else to "quickly" get objects that would otherwise take too long or be too difficult to obtain, but at last enjoy the game as it'd be intended.

Many players made too much money illegally, we all know that. Nobody has done anything and this is the current state of the economy in UO!

When i see all these 10000000 "p" golds around and for how much a single item is sold today....House for 2,3,4,5 p and more..... object for 1,2,3 p and more......
and then i see what i have, around 200 mil, i dont care, i'm happy with it

But dont tell me that i can do make the same golds today, its impossible
today only: "Money makes Money"

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the development team will do what they want, I only said mine.
Have a nice day all :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok @MaryForUo I can agree with you on that Money Makes Money... and I too only have maybe 2 or 300K if I pooled all my gold on all my accounts together...

Now if I actually sold some of the crap I am sitting on maybe I'd have a lot more but I don't vendor stuff... too much of a PITA to go find what things are "worth"... to me it's not worth my time to futz with that... but if I did I could probably make some money... I just don't care. For as little as I play UO these days doesn't matter.

I played a good bit from Sept-Dec but that slowed way down near the end of Dec because I got bored doing the same ole thing over and over... and since I found another game to play for now that is "fun" for me I just don't care... though I can see where the new game will become boring down the road so... not sure what's next for me. Waiting I suppose to see what the "big" announcement is going to be for the future of UO. But I have to say I don't have much hope that it'll be something that makes me excited again about UO.