• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Make it so....number one! (Mesanna)

Fingers

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Its now LONG OVERDUE that UO is made whole again, not shards of it.
I ask it be made so!
Im not gonna comment on how, lets have everyone else who wants to have their say.
And no, Im not fond of forced pvp, NOR am I looking for friggin "easy" scrolls.
They dont cost that much if I want one.

Fingers

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Man I really hope you are wearing flame proof underroos.
LOL......I dont sweat the small stuff.
I hated pvp.....in all shapes, forms or fashions!
Playing a pvp only shooter has sort of gotten me to "lighten up" about it.
But for UO as well as this shooter....they MUST crack down and eliminate hacks and cheats, exploits and bull-loney!.
If everyone has the same options to the same game mechanics and UO approved addons, then lets get it on !!
Shoot.....kill me.....Ill be back!!

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be fair, from a Lore/Storyline perspective - it could have a really strong logic.

Sometimes, it's a really good idea to shake things up, move things on, keep things fresh.

It could really fit the UO story.

(I obviously cannot agree on getting rid of pvp though, I'd want for there to be equality between playstyles somehow).

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That would be nice, but I'd like to keep my castle, which doesn't happen to be Atlantic.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We already have the story. It's called "The Shattering" and you have a copy of it in your bank box.

Fingers

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
That would be nice, but I'd like to keep my castle, which doesn't happen to be Atlantic.
Didnt say nor mean lose houses. Just modify the "looks"' of the land to make it new and different and exciting again.
Move the spawns, move some of the mobs, etc etc.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UO's sister game DAoC tried this once. Instead of having servers like Lancelot, Mordred and Guinivere they ended up with servers named Ywain1, Ywain2, Ywain3...

Kinda missed the point of condensing servers if you ask me. UO is 20 year old code too, if it's not broken don't change it.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Didnt say nor mean lose houses. Just modify the "looks"' of the land to make it new and different and exciting again.
Move the spawns, move some of the mobs, etc etc.
So you mean redecorate the world to make it look more vibrant and lived-in? Like, say comparing the look and feel of Zento to pretty much all of the empty, dreary collection of boxes we call the classic cities?

This would require a worldbuilder, or a team of them, to properly achieve. One person could do it though, if they went one city at a time per publish. Just as long as they didn't turn them into the abomination that is New Magincia.

Broadsword would need to hire more people for this.

But that story can evolve and continue ? :)

After a Shattering, it is logical some hero comes and brings it all back together?
The story has evolved and continued over the years, that's what the global events are, along with the EM events that tell the individual story of the shards.

As for a hero, well, that's up to the players. Though if you want to talk about merging the shards lore-wise, you'd basically have to be a genocidal maniac...a villain. Read "My Story" by Sherry the Mouse to learn why.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its now LONG OVERDUE that UO is made whole again, not shards of it.
I ask it be made so!
Im not gonna comment on how, lets have everyone else who wants to have their say.
And no, Im not fond of forced pvp, NOR am I looking for friggin "easy" scrolls.
They dont cost that much if I want one.
Zero chance, sorry.

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
They could eliminate a couple of shards.

Combine LS+GS, combine Cats+Chessy, combine Origin+LA, Napa+ATL

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
They could eliminate a couple of shards.

Combine LS+GS, combine Cats+Chessy, combine Origin+LA, Napa+ATL
Annnd again the spectre of housing merges arises. Either you don't own one or are willing to pack it all up, then rebuild - if there's a spot?

Fingers

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UO's sister game DAoC tried this once. Instead of having servers like Lancelot, Mordred and Guinivere they ended up with servers named Ywain1, Ywain2, Ywain3...

Kinda missed the point of condensing servers if you ask me. UO is 20 year old code too, if it's not broken don't change it.
It has never been NOT broken. 20 years of BETA........it is time to fix it !!
Oh....those are not sister games.
Maybe bastardized 7 times removed cousins.

North_LS

Journeyman
So you mean redecorate the world to make it look more vibrant and lived-in? Like, say comparing the look and feel of Zento to pretty much all of the empty, dreary collection of boxes we call the classic cities?

This would require a worldbuilder, or a team of them, to properly achieve. One person could do it though, if they went one city at a time per publish. Just as long as they didn't turn them into the abomination that is New Magincia.
This sounds good until you take a stroll around New Haven and have to struggle to hold your last meal down. I would really like some leaves on feluccan trees though - all the dead stuff gets dreary. Perhaps a fall motif to differentiate it from trammel facets.

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Annnd again the spectre of housing merges arises. Either you don't own one or are willing to pack it all up, then rebuild - if there's a spot?
You could give people storage like when you do shard transfers and put a time frame of a week out to place a home. Also could open up green acres to players so people can place what they want there as well?

Just trying to be creative.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You could give people storage like when you do shard transfers and put a time frame of a week out to place a home. Also could open up green acres to players so people can place what they want there as well?

Just trying to be creative.
GI Jane/Joe gets an assignment someplace for a year ... and this happens. What then? S/he loses all?

There is whole lot more to think about than just merging stuff. Also shard histories get lost. You may not think it's much but I bet others do.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GI Jane/Joe gets an assignment someplace for a year ... and this happens. What then? S/he loses all?

There is whole lot more to think about than just merging stuff. Also shard histories get lost. You may not think it's much but I bet others do.
The odds that it would be the end of the game are pretty high. If you take away the stuff that tied people emotionally to the game for possible decades lots and lots of people will just move on.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The odds that it would be the end of the game are pretty high. If you take away the stuff that tied people emotionally to the game for possible decades lots and lots of people will just move on.
Yessir ... that was the point I was trying to get across. I don't have that much but dammit! I worked for what I do have.

Gorath

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

Then I think the game just slowly dies.

Fingers

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This sounds good until you take a stroll around New Haven and have to struggle to hold your last meal down. I would really like some leaves on feluccan trees though - all the dead stuff gets dreary. Perhaps a fall motif to differentiate it from trammel facets.
OU.cfg.........canopies=on.
Done!
And yes, redesign more like Brit, less like haven and new mag.