• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Make it easy with Pinco's UI

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
1. Setup
Put following actions on a menu bar:
- Toggle Scale Mode
- Toggle Quick Loot On All Containers
- Toggle Tactical Map
- Macro: Shovel + WaitForTarg + Cursor Target Stored

2. Get to the spot and clean up the area

Open the the Treasure Map and scale it to large size
Press Toggle Tactical Map, select "Tilt map" flag and change it so it has the same scale as the Treasure Map
Go to a spot where you think the chest is
Move the map over the treasure map so it looks like a part of the treasure map
Move cursor over your position on the map, press hotkey for "Toggle Tactical Map" to remove it. The cursor must be over the center of the cross on the treasure map.

Right click digging macro and choose "Edit"
Right click "Cursor Target Stored", choose "Edit" and target the treasure map
Find a chest using digging macro

Here is a short (6 min) video:

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Added a short video. It's not ideal due to low FPS. Also a man was looking to me in the chart. I cut unimportant fragments.

I also mined a bit to show how fast it can be done using a macro.

P.S. I didn't use any programs/utils besides Pinco's UI.

Last edited:

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well done :)
You also gave me an idea while you had the 2 maps over each other. I remembered that there was an option in Pinco's for adjusting transparency. You could probably adjust the alpha on one map to get a precise location on where to dig.

Cheers

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you have mining, or does this eliminate the need for it. I'm at the point where I either need to train it, or I can use this and start digging up treasure without it!

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I don't have mining on this char.
120 Throwing
120 Tactics
120 Chvialry
115 Resisting spells (haven't 120 PS)
100 Cartography
100 Lockpicking
45 Focus

He can do fast TMaps 5-6 lvl (10-15 min per map including time to unload loot).
He also can do mini-champs in Abyss but not as fast as my paladin does.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice. And a good method to locate the treasure.
But why cartography? Its enough for decoding the map not for digging up the chest. I always decode my maps and stone carto then. Template im running here is as follows
120 swords
120 bushido
120 chivalry
100 lockpick
115 tactics
60 parry
85 (100 with gloves and jacobs pickaxe) mining

Even lv7 maps go quite fast here. For lv5 maps i usually ww the initial spawn.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Keeping cart on means being able to immediately decode any maps from loot without having to soulstone, and it's required if your map was decoded by someone else (you bought or were given already decoded maps).

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
For some reason, I love having cartography and lockpicking on a character strictly designated for Treasure Hunting. It might have something to do with cartography being stupidly difficult to level back in the day? I don't really know. Either way, I'll never soulstone Cartography off in place of another skill to go out and treasure hunt.

OP: Really cool idea. Wish I had Pinco's to give it a shot.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mhh i always buy tattered maps. Looted maps i collect and decode the bunch at home. Anyway carto wouldnt fit in my template to solo lv7 maps. Darn frost dragons hehe

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have the added difficulty of being bugged. in both CC & EC the place marked on the maps is a good screen off to the right of the marked point, and usually (but not always) a similar distance to the south.

I have to find the location, go about 10 steps east, then start searching to the south about 6-10 steps before I get close enough to dig even with GM mining.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
But why cartography?
I have just two soulstones (that I use to exchange skills between chars) and I haven't gold to buy more. When I buy more soulstones I replace cartography with 100 anatomy or may be 100 bushido.

P.S. I took my veteran rewards on SP.

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
On the General Menu Bar press 'Actions' icon

Press an arrow till you get page 'Pinco's UI'

On this page you will find icons:
Toggle Quick Loot On All Containers
Toggle Tactical Map
Toggle Scale Mode
Toggle Alpha Mode

Drag them to a menu bar.

Last edited:

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An update: I used the settings you recommended and found the map, thanks for saving me the agony of training mining up

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Very good idea! Now it's even more simple.
View attachment 15304

p.s. You see I need to do a step or two in NE (right) on this screenshot.
I have been looking in Pincos but cannot find a place to make the screens transparent like that. Where did you find the setting for that? I am sure that I overlooked it somehow.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I found it, for anyone else that may need help.
Click actions
Scroll till you find Pinco's UI
Scroll until you find Toggle Alpha Mode

This allows you to use your mouse wheel to make it fade in or out.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very cool.... Thanks to all here for the tips. I might just do some t-hunting again now that I can run the EC...

Leaf

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am using the old 2D Client. From what I have read so far, I can't use Pincos with this and the old map program is no longer supported. I have just returned to UO and would like to know what program is available for finding the Treasure now.

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your account is old enough to get Davie's Locker, decode map and put in locker it will provide co-ordinates to map spot. Say 34N x 7W so now you know treasure chest is located between 34.0N x 7.0W and 34.59N x 7.59W (think offhand .59 is >where it rolls over to a new main number) minimal mining (or none) needed now to find a chest for older accounts