• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Make ilshnear felucca ruleset

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I say its about time to add to felucca what its been needing for a long time, more content. Ilshnear becoming felucca would add so much more fun for pvp, let me explain why

1. Leave the no recall in so that people have to search for you.
2. Make the champion spawns have paragon bosses. Also those bosses should drop a random paragon chest with guaranteed lvl 7 maps and major artifacts or better inside of them.
3. There is plenty of content to upgrade here to make pvp 100 times better.
4. Oaks spawn would be the highest pvped over spawn since despise.
5. This will make the trammelites angry and me smile.
6. Noone would be able to script this area for anything since you cant recall in or mark runes.

Let the flames commence. But also make sure to look at it as a idea before directly flaming out. :D:D:eek::thumbup:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I say its about time to add to felucca what its been needing for a long time, more content. Ilshnear becoming felucca would add so much more fun for pvp, let me explain why

2. Make the champion spawns have paragon bosses. Also those bosses should drop a random paragon chest with guaranteed lvl 7 maps and major artifacts or better inside of them.
6. Noone would be able to script this area for anything since you cant recall in or mark runes.

Let the flames commence. But also make sure to look at it as a idea before directly flaming out. :D:D:eek::thumbup:
Majority of players don't go to fel because of their dislike of pvp. Why would you want to kill another facet?

Dorset

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The reason this game is ghost shell of itself is due to lack of felucca content. It can only make the game better

Agree with that, but there should have been a way to limit the pvp/gief/gank whatever you want to call it to the standard player. Keep pvp within Order/Chaos-Factions-VvV-guild wars in a way it doesn't affect everyone, only the people who are willing to participate. You should not be forced to fight if you are not interested in that part of the game, the majority of content should still be available to you to play as well.

I get that pvp is a huge part of UO, its what made it unique and was my personal favorite time to play when factions first came out. Since then I have more fun mining caves than attempting to pvp.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not a bad idea. :)

Give us Feluccan's a long awaited expansion - 20 years and counting ?
(Or does Corgul count, and Fel Tortoise, anything else? Fel Abyssal, Primeevil Lich, Grove, Medusa?)

Put a dead unwanted Trammel facet to good use, start the land reclaim.

Make us fight for facets, facet by facet, whoever wins, gets to decide on its ruleset? :)

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ilsh Oaks spawn being in Fel rules would be a significant boost to PvP and bring down the overall price of 25 stat scrolls. At present the Oaks spawn is a huge PITA.
Another facet with the 1000 luck bonus would be great for T-hunters.
The other Ilsh spawns would then drop scrolls, but probably would not be done as often since they have paragons and the others don't which might give some PVM players more opportunity to get scrolls from those champs.

Overall I think there is more benefit to the OP suggestion than downside. Thumbs up from me.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Riiight, that's why Fel is such a hub aof activity. I think we need to switch Felucca to Tram rule set. It will revitalize Fel. Think about how popular the Champ spawns will become.
You do that and the devs might as well pull the plug on this game.

Majority of players don't go to fel because of their dislike of pvp. Why would you want to kill another facet?
What activity does Ilshenar get? I go there to tame stuff, train pets in the ethy warrior island, and kill Paragon Balrons when I'm bored. Outside of Dreadhorn, there is literally NO reason to ever visit Ilshenar.

Duke Winter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran

What activity does Ilshenar get? I go there to tame stuff, train pets in the ethy warrior island, and kill Paragon Balrons when I'm bored. Outside of Dreadhorn, there is literally NO reason to ever visit Ilshenar.
I actually hunt there often. It's one of the best places for me to hunt with friends. Paragon's still offer challenges at the higher levels, and there's always a spot to hunt at.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Fel ruleset anywhere (including Fel) still remains a bad idea. It's especially sad that the people that think that Fel is the best also think Ilshenar is unused, when my experience is that Ilshenar gets used a lot and Fel is the ghost town.

Nearly everything that I see proposed or implemented to "improve PvP" or "improve Fel" doubles down on nerfing the vast majority of non-Fel players, and make it even more likely that non-fel-residents NEVER go there, and have done far more to damage the game.

If you legitimately feel a need for reds to access Ilshenar, I personally think that Ilshenar should be accessible to all - but PvP be limited to red on red there. You could even set it to where only reds were eligible for skulls and PS there - with blues getting pet-specific PS.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually hunt there often. It's one of the best places for me to hunt with friends. Paragon's still offer challenges at the higher levels, and there's always a spot to hunt at.
To add on to this, when I took a returning player hunting in Ilshenar to train up her skills, we ran into a boat load of returning players who had come back with EJ and were again hunting in Ilshenar.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since there is no housing in Ilshnear facet, I can see honesty gate being the new yew gate for pvp. No houses to hide in or run through and drop a field to escape. No lag from all the stupid stone made houses sitting on bamboo floors (this needs to be fixed anyway). It would be true open field pvp, of course I think they should have guard zones around the gates into though. Otherwise there would just be mad grief-pking going on from the sad side of the fel players. More I think it about this would just be awesome in every way.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've fought various Paragons since the taming mastery was added. I can go afk against all but two of them, depending on the pet used: Paragon Skeletal Dragon and Paragon Balron. Everything else is a non-issue, either because of the "immortality" from consume damage, or from them dying too quickly.

Fel ruleset anywhere (including Fel) still remains a bad idea. It's especially sad that the people that think that Fel is the best also think Ilshenar is unused, when my experience is that Ilshenar gets used a lot and Fel is the ghost town.

Nearly everything that I see proposed or implemented to "improve PvP" or "improve Fel" doubles down on nerfing the vast majority of non-Fel players, and make it even more likely that non-fel-residents NEVER go there, and have done far more to damage the game.
Fel's a ghost town? It's no more a ghost town than anywhere else in the game, because very little in Fel is worth doing from a pvm standpoint. There's Champ Spawns...and that's it. Everything else IN THE GAME can be (and is) done in the Trammel ruleset, with it even getting far more content than Fel ever has.

As far as content added to Fel: Champ Spawns/Powerscrolls. The champ spawns can be done in Tram as well, but they don't have the same rewards. VvV: this should never have been implemented. Outside of some occasional town fighting and point farming, the only reason people still participate in this system is to freely attack everyone, like Factions used to be.

Seraphina_152

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I've fought various Paragons since the taming mastery was added. I can go afk against all but two of them, depending on the pet used: Paragon Skeletal Dragon and Paragon Balron. Everything else is a non-issue, either because of the "immortality" from consume damage, or from them dying too quickly.
Ilsh is my favorite place to farm. I don't have maxed out characters and it has a great variety of monster difficulty for all of my characters. If they would let me mark a rune in one of the desert towns I would probably never leave there lol. I would hate for it to become another Fel.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So we lose a few people, it sure would not be enough to close UO because the PSs would still be there. Funny how PvP is only meaningful when there is a LURE. What made PvP fun before PSs oh I remember proving that you were better than someone else. PvP now is a PvP Char Kill a PvM char and stealing scrolls and they call that PvP what a joke.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Sure once they remove all pardons and return stat loss to reds. I think this would revitalize Felucca when there are actually real consequences for people's actions upon other players in the Felucca ruleset. Felucca wasnt created as a free for all ruleset. There were consequences to players actions, which have since been removed. Return those consequences and see Felucca revitalized!

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't see how adding guaranteed level 7 paragon chests to paragon bosses full of major artifacts in a Fel ruleset Ilshenar facet would be beneficial to me.

Just do the hard work and train up a t-hunter. Nub.

Duke Winter

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
This doesn't actually invalidate my sentiment. Those of you who can afford masteries can be proud. I don't have the gold to get them, myself.

That being said...just because you can solo almost anything and go AFK doesn't prove why Ilsh should be a felucca ruleset. It just goes to show what YOU can do in the game. Right now, you have a full facet to PvP in, that right now is pretty dead. I farm resources in Felucca almost exclusively, and rarely ever see someone that I don't intend to see. The answer is simple. Make fel no recall in. Only gates, like Ilsh.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I could also point out that Ilshnear is a Fel rule set on Siege the Fel only Shard that is teeming with players...(no offense to My brothers and sisters on Siege)...

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I say yes but it should be a copy. Not hard I am betting make a blank ilsh... copy and paste. One month later it would be just like the rest of Fel. Empty, or only a small portion of it actually being used.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you legitimately feel a need for reds to access Ilshenar, I personally think that Ilshenar should be accessible to all - but PvP be limited to red on red there. You could even set it to where only reds were eligible for skulls and PS there - with blues getting pet-specific PS.
Interesting suggestion, seems reasonable, doesn't it?
It would have been reasonable if the vocal "PVPers" were interested in PvP rather than ganking PvMers. But if they were, they would have been happy with Fel as it is. Nope, they need victims. PKing other reds is not nearly as much fun. Notice how you never hear a suggestion for a new PvPer only shard. Every single suggestion on how to revitalize PvP that you hear, involves forcing non-PvPers to become open to attack one way or the other.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

Excellent post, from a long time seasoned player. Thank you Basara!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
So we lose a few people, it sure would not be enough to close UO because the PSs would still be there. Funny how PvP is only meaningful when there is a LURE. What made PvP fun before PSs oh I remember proving that you were better than someone else. PvP now is a PvP Char Kill a PvM char and stealing scrolls and they call that PvP what a joke.
KAAAABOOM!! Right on Frodo..

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This doesn't actually invalidate my sentiment. Those of you who can afford masteries can be proud. I don't have the gold to get them, myself.
Ok, it wasn't the best example. But those same Paragons were manageable BEFORE the masteries, and not at all challenging. Vet and Magery were all you needed to keep a Greater alive.

It would have been reasonable if the vocal "PVPers" were interested in PvP rather than ganking PvMers. But if they were, they would have been happy with Fel as it is. Nope, they need victims. PKing other reds is not nearly as much fun. Notice how you never hear a suggestion for a new PvPer only shard. Every single suggestion on how to revitalize PvP that you hear, involves forcing non-PvPers to become open to attack one way or the other.
What makes you think we aren't interested in fighting other/new PvP'ers? That's literally what EVERYONE wants, instead of fighting the same people over and over.

"PK'ing" other PvP'ers isn't as fun? Huh, news to me. I had an absolute blast in a late night Despise fight last night on Atlantic, as did my two guildmates and the guys we were fighting.

That the suggestions involve bringing non-PvP'ers to Fel is irrelevant. When I first started playing UO, I was on dialup. I knew I couldn't pvp very well, but that didn't stop me from messing around with the Reds at Yew Gate. When I got off dialup, I was still bad, but worked at improving. Can you tell me why people can't do that now? Besides the fact that there are people like you who just want to whine on Stratics about anything Felucca-related, when I'm pretty sure you quite literally never go there at all, and don't want anyone else to be able to pvp.

A few people? Are you serious? I have 3 accounts active. If pvp goes, so do I, and I'm sure I won't be alone. Do you really think I'm interested in pvm'ing in UO exclusively? If I wanted to do that, I would play Final Fantasy 14. Which I already do.

I've come across multiple PvM'ers doing Fel Spawns over the past few years. I don't kill them unless the mood suits me (which is always on the spur of the moment.) I'll even protect them for more scrolls.

You say that pvp's meaningful only with a lure? You're not entirely wrong, but you're approaching it from the wrong angle. The guys that kill "Trammies" without much effort don't want a fight, they want scrolls so they can sell them on Atl. The FIGHT is the lure. Anything else is just a bonus.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Agree..No point in making "dead Ilsh" into another dead Fel. It will also ruin many Ilsh-dependent aspects of the game. If Ilsh is made into PvP or PvPk murder thief land in some way then they should add something that the game has never had : Consensual PvP, that does not allow stealing from players also unless they allow it. While at that, go ahead and add PS to the Ilsh spawns as well. If you want to PVP you can just toggle it on or off.
PvP should have been consensual anyways. If not then he can enlighten us why. How would his PvPing be affected negatively by a consensual toggle on/off? On=yes PK, Off=no PK. Is it so complex to implement? Not really..Some free MMO games have this, or some aspects of this.
Ahhhhhhh.. I see.. Our PvP poster REALLY does NOT mean true PVP, he really means PKing, or murdering and thieving another fellow player that is NOT interested in these activities, right?
Ohhh what fun..And yes lets NUKE Ilsh also..

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agree..No point in making "dead Ilsh" into another dead Fel. It will also ruin many Ilsh-dependent aspects of the game. If Ilsh is made into PvP or PvPk murder thief land in some way then they should add something that the game has never had : Consensual PvP, that does not allow stealing from players also unless they allow it. While at that, go ahead and add PS to the Ilsh spawns as well. If you want to PVP you can just toggle it on or off.
PvP should have been consensual anyways. If not then he can enlighten us why. How would his PvPing be affected negatively by a consensual toggle on/off? On=yes PK, Off=no PK. Is it so complex to implement? Not really..Some free MMO games have this, or some aspects of this.
Ahhhhhhh.. I see.. Our PvP poster REALLY does NOT mean true PVP, he really means PKing, or murdering and thieving another fellow player that is NOT interested in these activities, right?
Ohhh what fun..And yes lets NUKE Ilsh also..
Consensual pvp already exists in the following areas: Trammel. Ilshenar. Malas. The Tokuno Islands. Ter Mur. Eodon. All places where you can't attack or steal from another player unless they're green (guild/alliance) or orange (guild war) to you. What do you mean UO's never had consensual pvp?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Consensual pvp already exists in the following areas: Trammel. Ilshenar. Malas. The Tokuno Islands. Ter Mur. Eodon. All places where you can't attack or steal from another player unless they're green (guild/alliance) or orange (guild war) to you. What do you mean UO's never had consensual pvp?
Yes but guild/alliance war is war by choice. What the meaning of consensual really implies, that a non-consenting player not in guild war or VvV etc, cannot be attacked unless there is a consent by the recipient of the attack, not being in a war state VvV or guild war etc. Did you ever see this implemented ever? Not every player is in a guild war or VvV etc.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What makes you think we aren't interested in fighting other/new PvP'ers? That's literally what EVERYONE wants, instead of fighting the same people over and over.
PvMers who are forced to go to Fel in order to provide enterntainment for PvPers are not "other/new PvPers".

"PK'ing" other PvP'ers isn't as fun? Huh, news to me. I had an absolute blast in a late night Despise fight last night on Atlantic, as did my two guildmates and the guys we were fighting.
If fighting other PvPers is so much fun, than there should be no need for lures in Fel. Let trammies have the power scrolls in Trammel, and PvPers could have their absolute blast duking it out in Fel. But that's not quite what is going on, is it?

That the suggestions involve bringing non-PvP'ers to Fel is irrelevant. When I first started playing UO, I was on dialup. I knew I couldn't pvp very well, but that didn't stop me from messing around with the Reds at Yew Gate. When I got off dialup, I was still bad, but worked at improving. Can you tell me why people can't do that now?
There are multiple reasons, but the most important one is that majority of UO players do not want to PvP. And unlike the time when UO was accessible through dial up, there are many other MMO choices for people who do not want to PvP. This is not helping UO population.

Besides the fact that there are people like you who just want to whine on Stratics about anything Felucca-related, when I'm pretty sure you quite literally never go there at all, and don't want anyone else to be able to pvp.
You got me there, I avoid going to Fel because being a target for PvPers is not my preferred play style. And I would not complain at all if essential game content was not made into a monopoly funding source for PvPers.
But as far as your other point, I do not care in the least bit whether others PvP or not. Just as long as I am not forced to participate. But not only the current system forces PvMers to become targets for PvPers, it does not seem enough for the PvPers, and they seek to expand the Fel ruleset to other areas.

Whatever your thought on the game population, I am quite sure that if BS where to switch all facets to Fel rule set, the plug would be pulled in a month or two.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stop using the word "forced" about pvp. Its a complete and total lie. If your doing something in felucca and someone finds you and attacks you, you have the choice to fight or flee. If the person is better then you and you die doesn't mean its "forced". Everything in UO is a choice no matter how you trammelites spin things for false propaganda. If you choose to go to felucca ruleset then you are at risk possibly, its the risk you take for your choice. Funny how no one in trammel cared about powerscrolls until pets were involved. Just for your information, pets literally do 97-98% of the same damage in UO without powerscrolls. You get 2-3% extra damage for using powerscrolls on your pet, it isn't needed. Any other false information I can confirm for you guys. Oh yeah hers one, not everyone in felucca is a greifing pker, only total UO losers do stuff like that and they are far and few in felucca anymore. Most of them are like RL bullies, stand up to them once and they will go crying home to mommy. One of you guys should talk to a real feluccan before making such completely false statemants about the game.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvMers who are forced to go to Fel in order to provide enterntainment for PvPers are not "other/new PvPers".
And they can learn how to pvp, just like I (and everyone else) did. If they don't want to, it's on them.

If fighting other PvPers is so much fun, than there should be no need for lures in Fel. Let trammies have the power scrolls in Trammel, and PvPers could have their absolute blast duking it out in Fel. But that's not quite what is going on, is it?
Why SHOULD Powerscrolls be added to Trammel? Ignoring the "lure"/powerscroll aspect, the Trammel ruleset has been given literally EVERYTHING in the game: ML Peerless, Exodus, Champs of their own (without scrolls/skulls + some that are exclusive to Trammel), the Underwater boss, Shadowguard, Corgul/Scalis, the recent town invasion. What does Fel have that people are willing to do? Champ spawns and the Harrower for scrolls. But it's 2018. If you want any 120's, primers, or stat scrolls, you can just buy them.

There are multiple reasons, but the most important one is that majority of UO players do not want to PvP. And unlike the time when UO was accessible through dial up, there are many other MMO choices for people who do not want to PvP. This is not helping UO population.
Nobody's saying you have to pvp in UO either. Quite frankly, NONE of the pvp'ers care if non-pvp'ers want to or not. What's not helping the UO population: the script farmers, the entry barrier for new players, and better games to play, among other things.

You got me there, I avoid going to Fel because being a target for PvPers is not my preferred play style. And I would not complain at all if essential game content was not made into a monopoly funding source for PvPers.
But as far as your other point, I do not care in the least bit whether others PvP or not. Just as long as I am not forced to participate. But not only the current system forces PvMers to become targets for PvPers, it does not seem enough for the PvPers, and they seek to expand the Fel ruleset to other areas.

Whatever your thought on the game population, I am quite sure that if BS where to switch all facets to Fel rule set, the plug would be pulled in a month or two.
Going to address the bolded first, because you clearly DO care:

Riiight, that's why Fel is such a hub aof activity. I think we need to switch Felucca to Tram rule set. It will revitalize Fel. Think about how popular the Champ spawns will become.
Just because YOU do not pvp, you literally want it removed from the game.

Now, for the rest of that quote. You can go almost anywhere in Fel and not see a pvp'er 99% of the time. If you want to farm Unbound EV's, you can. I've farmed in multiple places in Fel in recent years: Wrong, Destard (Greaters, Ancients), Ice Dungeon, Shame, and other places. Do you know how many times I've run into other players? Maybe 3x in a 4 year period.

Let me ask you another question: Who do you think sells all the items you see on vendors? I'll answer it for you: the pvp'ers do. Every single one of us has at least one sampire, thrower for events, etc. I've made well over 500 million off of Shadowguard, the bulk of it coming from a few Cameos.

Either way, you're still not FORCED to become a target for pvp'ers. I don't know what server you play, but I know exactly what spawns aren't checked very often, if at all. If you frequently run a dungeon champ and think nobody will raid you, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell you.

One final question for you: Do you have any idea how much powerscrolls go for? People overpay MASSIVELY for 120's for their pets, when it's not needed. But that's still peanuts to what you can get from Shadowguard (which is Trammel content): Hawkwind's Robe has gone down A LOT, but it still sells for as much as some 120's. Minax's sandals go for over 50m, with prices varying depending on the resist penalty it has. The more desirable Cameos (Repond and Demon) sell for about 175m.

Belmarduk

Adventurer
No - If I want to pvp I play Warhammer Online, where pvp is not so broken but balanced and there is less smacktalk - dont ****ing touch Ilsh
After my 10 year break I realise I dont have a chance to compete anymore with todays pvp - better pvp in a game where PLAYERSKILL is still needed not just items and being l33t...

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I fully support the OP's suggestion

I would just like to add that a fel ruleset ilsh should not replace the tram ruleset ilsh.
A copy should be made so that players have a choice between the two.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My personal opinion is that at this point, with a small number of exceptions, the UO player base is so divided between the PvP crowd and the non PvP crowd that I'm not sure there's anything BS could do to make both camps happy. I believe they completely messed up when they made facet specific content. Every facet should have a PvP dark side, including the ability to go to Shadowguard, Ish, Tok, Eodon, etc. I also think power scrolls and harrowers should be in Trammel as well.

This way, those that want play UO in a less adulterated state with PvP and the risk/fun associated with it would get their wish and there'd be no need for lures like PS, double resources/fame, VvV items etc. and those that wish to play a less adrenaline based version of UO could also do so - with neither side having an item/resource availability advantage. Siege is close but its other features make it unattractive to a more general population. There are reasons, though, that Siege has such rabid fans.

Heck, either that or as Mervyn says, make a Fel rules only shard and be done with it - just no shard transferring FROM it. You could transfer TO it, but then that's your new home. ;)

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And they can learn how to pvp, just like I (and everyone else) did. If they don't want to, it's on them.
Or they can leave the game, which many did and still do. There are plenty of MMOs which allow you to access all content without PvPing.

Why SHOULD Powerscrolls be added to Trammel? Ignoring the "lure"/powerscroll aspect, the Trammel ruleset has been given literally EVERYTHING in the game: ML Peerless, Exodus, Champs of their own (without scrolls/skulls + some that are exclusive to Trammel), the Underwater boss, Shadowguard, Corgul/Scalis, the recent town invasion. What does Fel have that people are willing to do?
Why, Fel has PvP. Isn't that the ultimate goal here? You can PvP in Fel, and if you need anything else you can always go to Tram. And nobody is going to try to kill you while you are there.

If you want any 120's, primers, or stat scrolls, you can just buy them.
I can't. Not at the prices they are. I imagine all those returning players will be more than put off when they see how much a good 120 costs. All so that a small number of PvPers could afford their uber suits.

Just because YOU do not pvp, you literally want it removed from the game..
I "literally" just made a sarcastic remark in response to what I perceived a troll OP asking to stretch Fel into Ilsh. As I mentioned before, I have no problems with PvPers PvPing as long as it does not go into griefing of peple who have no desire to PvP.

You can go almost anywhere in Fel and not see a pvp'er 99% of the time. If you want to farm Unbound EV's, you can. I've farmed in multiple places in Fel in recent years: Wrong, Destard (Greaters, Ancients), Ice Dungeon, Shame, and other places. Do you know how many times I've run into other players? Maybe 3x in a 4 year period.
We both know that this is not about Shame or unbound EVs. It's about money. Big money. PvPers have a chokehold on Powerscrolls and Masteries and profit handily off of majority of the population. That does not stop them to keep demanding more and more.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My personal opinion is that at this point, with a small number of exceptions, the UO player base is so divided between the PvP crowd and the non PvP crowd that I'm not sure there's anything BS could do to make both camps happy. I believe they completely messed up when they made facet specific content. Every facet should have a PvP dark side, including the ability to go to Shadowguard, Ish, Tok, Eodon, etc. I also think power scrolls and harrowers should be in Trammel as well.

This way, those that want play UO in a less adulterated state with PvP and the risk/fun associated with it would get their wish and there'd be no need for lures like PS, double resources/fame, VvV items etc. and those that wish to play a less adrenaline based version of UO could also do so - with neither side having an item/resource availability advantage. Siege is close but its other features make it unattractive to a more general population. There are reasons, though, that Siege has such rabid fans.

Heck, either that or as Mervyn says, make a Fel rules only shard and be done with it - just no shard transferring FROM it. You could transfer TO it, but then that's your new home. ;)
You have very reasonable suggestions. The bulk of PvP advocates here will never go for it. You proposal puts Fel rule set on all content (which is what PvPers pretend to want), but it also removes the necessity for PvMers to be exposed to PvPers (which is what they really want). Not only that, Power Scroll prices might become reasonable as a result. Nope, not gonna fly. Need victims. Need mah monopoly.

ziox

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ilsh fel ? a good way to limit multibox farmers :banana:

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A fel only shard in europa would get my vote any day :)
Seriously i don't see the point in expanding the PVP area in UO, i'll rater see PVP been updated. As many have pointed out going to fel is an option and no one forces anyone to go there unless they are red of cause.
Tbh there really aien't any point in going to fel unless you wanna PVP. And yes there is powerscrolls to be had in fel, but lets be honest here, you can just as easily do stuff risk free in the other facets, and earn more gold that powerscrolls provide and just buy what you need.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I can now see the point to this.

I'd really hate to agree with anything Mervyn says, but I'm coming round to his suggestion now.
I would transfer to such a shard.
The sooner it is done, the better, then we can stop all these silly conversations.

By the way, I believe it should be a completely fresh start, from brand new for everyone - you cannot have players transferring 90 Plat from their Trammel accounts, as that would destroy the balance right from the start. There would have to be zero incoming, and outgoing transfers from day 1. It would actually be really exciting.

Of course Siege is the hardcore option, and I thank Max for his messages to me, and his advice and help, I have read it and considered it, but been unable to move away from my friends. This Felucca shard - I believe a lot would come with us. It would be a perfect scenario for all PvPers.

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Even though I would love ilsh to have fel ruleset. I think the best thing to do would be to wake up Fel itself.

Fel is dead NOT because of PvP. But because there's almost no point going there. Same content as Trammel (other than power scrolls), but people can kill you, why the heck would you go there when there's a safe copy? The place is not even pretty, all the trees are dead. It is like a sarcastic message from the UO dev team. Fel needs better content and needs to be more appealing.

For example:
- Taming. "pre-patch" pets are desirable and powerful. One thing that can be done is to copy the pre-patch nightmare, and other pets, and make it spawn in some dungeon in Fel. So, want a strong pet? go to fel and tame it.
- Fishing. White nets should only be available from MiBs fished in Fel.
- Luck. We have the 1,000 luck bonus which is great (I think it should be more). I think it should be more probable to get legendary artifacts in Felucca. I would be hunting with my fel archer a lot more if I could be getting great loot, and I would love the thrill and risk of the fact that another char can come and fight me.

Honestly, what are people so afraid of? it is just a bunch of pixels, and there is insurance.

Things like that would make Fel a lot more fun, and trammies can keep their ilshenar and all the stuff they currently have.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, it wasn't the best example. But those same Paragons were manageable BEFORE the masteries, and not at all challenging. Vet and Magery were all you needed to keep a Greater alive.

That the suggestions involve bringing non-PvP'ers to Fel is irrelevant. When I first started playing UO, I was on dialup. I knew I couldn't pvp very well, but that didn't stop me from messing around with the Reds at Yew Gate. When I got off dialup, I was still bad, but worked at improving. Can you tell me why people can't do that now? Besides the fact that there are people like you who just want to whine on Stratics about anything Felucca-related, when I'm pretty sure you quite literally never go there at all, and don't want anyone else to be able to pvp.

A few people? Are you serious? I have 3 accounts active. If pvp goes, so do I, and I'm sure I won't be alone. Do you really think I'm interested in pvm'ing in UO exclusively? If I wanted to do that, I would play Final Fantasy 14. Which I already do.

I've come across multiple PvM'ers doing Fel Spawns over the past few years. I don't kill them unless the mood suits me (which is always on the spur of the moment.) I'll even protect them for more scrolls.

You say that pvp's meaningful only with a lure? You're not entirely wrong, but you're approaching it from the wrong angle. The guys that kill "Trammies" without much effort don't want a fight, they want scrolls so they can sell them on Atl. The FIGHT is the lure. Anything else is just a bonus.
LMAO TYVM The fight is the LURE, what a joke. If the fight was the LURE, which it was pre PSs, then you would be fighting other PvPer to prove who is the pest PvPer like it was in the old days. Why is it every thread to improve PvP always, I repeat, always include some sort of item (a LURE), how about you so called PvPer have a best man contest without all the leet gear for a best man title, why don't you ask UO for that. I want, I want, I want is all these threads are about for a very small select group because if it were any bigger you would see more people in Fel the true dead facet and you see people whine about dead shards but OMG never about dead Fel, what a joke. PvP is all about gread not honor as it was pre PSs, just a bunch of glorified PKers.

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LMAO TYVM The fight is the LURE, what a joke. If the fight was the LURE, which it was pre PSs, then you would be fighting other PvPer to prove who is the pest PvPer like it was in the old days. Why is it every thread to improve PvP always, I repeat, always include some sort of item (a LURE), how about you so called PvPer have a best man contest without all the leet gear for a best man title, why don't you ask UO for that. I want, I want, I want is all these threads are about for a very small select group because if it were any bigger you would see more people in Fel the true dead facet and you see people whine about dead shards but OMG never about dead Fel, what a joke. PvP is all about gread not honor as it was pre PSs, just a bunch of glorified PKers.
This isn't entirely true either. Before PS's people would PVP for a lot of other reasons... Insurance wasn't really a thing so people would fight each other for what was in there packs (i.e. regeants, gold, armor, weapons, potions, etc...) If there was no point to PVP no one would do it, right? Isn't the "i want, i want, i want" argument the exact same for trammel players? Everyone wants a reason to do what they enjoy doing in game.

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think you make a great point Frodo. And you are right there is too much whining. The thing is that there is a large group of people on this game that don't really care about being the best PvPer but they want to play a more lively game, where the world just feels more real, and there's more point to fighting other players than simply being the best. Your idea of PvP is purely competitive, and there is nothing wrong about that. However, there are players who just want an end goal other than being the best PvPer. I personally don't care about being the best, or top 10, or any of that, I don't have time for that. But I thing raids and fighting over a champ are extremely fun, and there is a reward at the end for the winner, other than a best PvPer title. We just want more of that, because we enjoy it. Taking ilshenar away from PvMers is not the right, or fair approach.

Siege Perilous honestly doesn't cut it. It is too extreme. That kind of game made more sense before T2A.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This isn't entirely true either. Before PS's people would PVP for a lot of other reasons... Insurance wasn't really a thing so people would fight each other for what was in there packs (i.e. regeants, gold, armor, weapons, potions, etc...) If there was no point to PVP no one would do it, right? Isn't the "i want, i want, i want" argument the exact same for trammel players? Everyone wants a reason to do what they enjoy doing in game.
And we don't want to worry about all the PKers taking everything. Yes I use to PvP and the most I ever lost to a true PvPer was half my aids. Now the PKers would strip you blind just like they do now all in the name of PvP

North_LS

Journeyman

I think that's going a bit too far, but i'd be fine with a fel ruleset copy of ilshenar.