• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mailbox

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Howdy! I have one of the regular looking mailboxes on my house and was wondering if I had to have my house set to "public" to allow others to deposit mail into that box? Or, can I keep my house private and still get mail from others. The security on the mailbox is set at friends, so not everyone can access what's inside.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No one can access your mailbox except anyone friended to your home and allowed entry to your private home... That's what Private means...

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Keep the mailbox set at who you want taking things OUT of it, set house to public, but doors and teleporters set to friends or whatever.

That allows anyone to drop stuff in, but only certain peeps to take them out.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remember. You can have your house set to public and keep doors/teleporters locked to friended and up. Keeps strangers out.

Post boxes only work to the "public" when the house is set "public". Set as container, friend and up... or co-own, or own... depending on your needs. Anyone else would be able to drop items in the box and friend up can take stuff out. I've sold dozens upon dozens of these.