• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Magincia Invasion this morning

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good morning folks1

Well this morning I happened to try out the invasion of Magincia with my bard.
So I tried to provoke the Captains on each other..Hmm well with GM instruments after 50 attempts I gave up...as this was an undead spawn I thought I use an undead slayer lute...another 50 attempts...then I clicked on teh captains to look at them closely..Well they seemed rather humanoid then undead so Used a Gwendo repond slayer harp...*sigh* there goes another 50 charges...for one thing? are they humanoid,undead or etc? or you folks could give me some good tips for these buggers..Btw my bard is a legendary provoker with 120 disco and of course 120 music...And I play on the shard Europa

Thank you for your replies in advance

5% Luck

I regularly attend the invasions with my bard. I will say they must be 160 difficulty(the capt-generals). I discord them then take my time to ge them to fight. Sometimes i get them in 2 tryes some times alot more, Gm excp intruments only save for the other spawn. I got a pair of generals to fight numerouse times. Since Im a bard I chose the hard to get to generals to play with. Inside buildings, in the heart of a big spawn, everyones at the other invasion. Yesterday I had a general healer in a building with an AW a GD and a pair of lieutenants(drakes too) I discorded the general then provoked him on the non discorded spawn. It tooka few tried but once every one was grovin on him he went down in less than a minute. I got a 3mr 29 sdi 10 lrc book one shy of perfect!

Curse main target(lowers BD)

I discord invis repeat untill success

I chose the non mage non ranged target as 1st provoke target then

provoke invisi repeat untill success

On a side note i do belive the fail timer on provoke is 8 seconds and the discord wear off is 11 for those invisible. So once your invised waiting for the provoke timer dont dilly-dally. The discord will wear off in 3 more seconds!

My brother plays a necro-mage with massive sdi. He takes longer to "solo" a general then my bard does and he is limited to the generals that can be seperated from the herd. This is the main reason I chose the bard for invasions with that many mobs. Its crowd control. I tend to not bother with anything other than the generals unless they are on screen and attacking me.

Once I have all the spawn on the target I take down protection(spell) and proceed to nuke him with low lvl lightning spells. Seems to be the fastest way. In fact I beleive the energy resist on them is typically on par with a corps skined fire resist so better to just use energy attacks.

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks for the Tip! Well this morning I was at Mag again and this time I manage to get two Generals to fight each other..both discorded of course..it seems that Gm instruments are the best.