• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Magic resist a must have for doom?

M

MrMiagi

Is resist a must have for an archer in doom? Even if you have remove curse? What if there's absolutely no way you can squeeze it into your template? Just need to know if this is a must have skill or not for doom.

I

imported_ParadoxUO

no anymore.

Blood Oath is weaker now.

However if you are doing 200+ hits per arrow (I was able to do 300+, so I bet the veterans can do even more) be careful!

Try using vampiric embrace shape.

C

Clextor

How do you do 200+ damage with an archer? Just out of curiosity. I am thinking about creating an archer. Where do I need to go with the template.

Thanks,
Clex

I

imported_ParadoxUO

Enemy of One.
Consecrate Weapon.
Lightning Strike.
Honor.
DI 100.

My precious weapon... Slayer Bow... (Demon/Water Elemental slayer)

slayer bow:
- need recipe, brillant amber.
- use at least ASH runic kit and heartwood (for an extra property)

Archery
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Bushido
Chivalry
Necro(... so you can cast vampiric embrace and heal up with each arrow)

For some reason... a double slayer... demon/any elemental type will do more damage than just a demon slayer.

C

Clextor

I know it was a bit off subject, but it came to mind.

Thanks, it gives me direction and thought. I bet it will help others, too.

Clextor

I

imported_ParadoxUO

It was the one thing I researched when I first arrived.

How to get to the artefacts while the changes were new and everyone was there hunting...

Much less players there now... so i suspect mage/bards will kill DFs faster than archers... using the game mechanical advantage of DFs targetting DFs.