• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Mages vs Slasher of the Veils

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I brought my necro-mage to Slasher of the Veils last night. It went pretty well thanks to the crowd already there effectively serving as meat sheilds. I kept him corpse skinned (120 necro/120 ss) and my flamestrikes hit between 75-95 damage with a demon slayer spellbook. He dispelled everything I threw at him (EVs and reventants) immediately. The new rocks do work nice... each hits him for about 150 damage.

Have you all found any particularly useful ways for a mage to take him on? I'm interested to hear if he dispels mysticism's rising colossus and the spellweaving summons. What about spell selection? Have you found anything that works really well on him. I didn't try mind blast but will next time.

-OBSIDIAN-

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I brought my necro-mage to Slasher of the Veils last night. It went pretty well thanks to the crowd already there effectively serving as meat sheilds. I kept him corpse skinned (120 necro/120 ss) and my flamestrikes hit between 75-95 damage with a demon slayer spellbook. He dispelled everything I threw at him (EVs and reventants) immediately. The new rocks do work nice... each hits him for about 150 damage.

Have you all found any particularly useful ways for a mage to take him on? I'm interested to hear if he dispels mysticism's rising colossus and the spellweaving summons. What about spell selection? Have you found anything that works really well on him. I didn't try mind blast but will next time.

-OBSIDIAN-
I havnt killed him but i can still tell you that Erath ellies are harder to dispell then EV's. I use them far more then EVS when it comes to "boss fights".

S

Stupid Miner

If you already have Weaving on see how well Arcane Empowerment works.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Advice for a mage vs. the Slasher:

1. When working in groups, do NOT corpse skin unless most of the groups are mages. The Slasher's weakest resist is physical, but if you cast corpse skin, the fight as a whole will take longer because everyone else does less damage.

2. Do not use summons unless its a full strength rising colossus. Everything else will be dispelled/killed within moments. The slasher has a special attack which is extremely effective against summons/pets.

3. Damage type doesn't matter much. Everything except physical is typically about even, and the weakest damage type per mob can only be determined by someone with animal lore, and you definitely don't want to bring your tamer to the fight.

4. Take some time to heal the meat shields. Cross healing makes a huge difference in the fight.

5. Don't stand close to the Slasher. Several of his attacks will freeze you in place, and the more time you have to react to the attack before the Slasher reaches you means the more chance you have to survive the attack, since the paralyze doesn't break from damage done (which is why bandages are so useful there, especially with cross healing warriors!)

S

Stupid Miner

Advice for a mage vs. the Slasher:

1. When working in groups, do NOT corpse skin unless most of the groups are mages. The Slasher's weakest resist is physical, but if you cast corpse skin, the fight as a whole will take longer because everyone else does less damage.
This isn't important for Slasher, Phys is 5 lower than all the others.
Corpse skin Raises Phys and Cold by 10 and lowers Fire and Poison by 15.

So if Slasher has the lowest Phys possible: 65 and the highest Fire and Poison 80. Corpse skin will make phys 75 and Fire and Poison 65, which isn't a loss.

Rikktor, however, is another matter.

W

Walkerboh77

it is a loss because the majority of other players there are doing physical damage

S

Stupid Miner

Fighters tend to have chivalry. Tend to use Consecrate weapon too.
If they don't use consecrate, they're probably not to smart. And people who aren't too smart tend to not be that great at fighting anyway. Evens out :)
If they don't use consecrate, but are smart, they've probably found some way to work around the loss.