• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Magery Mastery on a Dread mare

Skrylox

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey all,

I've been playing on test with a build for my old dread mare and it ends up 700 str 500 mana 699 hp 75/75/70/75/75 with AI and 120 scrolled along with the typical maxed MR and HPR My question is about magery mastery. It hits hard as heck with the hidden int for these mares and am considering magery mastery for the 1 point. Has anyone done this? I don't notice anything hugely different on other pets other than teleport and MB. I read they will mana vamp when low. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
MM will cause your pet to teleport to target.
It's great for PVP.

Not so much for PVM unless you can control the damage dealt by bosses.
Works fine for clearing champs, but some bosses can be a pain.

They will cast spells on themselves that lower their resists and make them slightly weaker.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good afternoon Skrylox, I would avoid magery mastery on any pet that is not pvp based.. as Lex says.. it causes huge spike when facing bosses and one of the worst draw backs is it all but stops using bless on its self.. meaning it loses 91 str,19dex and varying values of int depends on the pet.. which is huge damage for armor ignore and white swings.. plus it often will teleport out of heal range and break mastery.. You can negate its reflect armor debuff by quickly mounting and dismounting the pet.. but this may end with you getting aggro and often the pet turns it right back on.. while Im sure it suits some peoples play style I found outside of pvp often these pets had way to much rng to be viable in my play style of PvM. Hope this helps mate.. if ya have anymore questions feel free to post or message me.. =^-^=

Last edited:

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Bit of testing.
I use my MM nightmare on most champs atm when I have other competent people. So I can hop on and help fight raiders.

Mage mastery works fine on deceit (barracoon) and most other champs.
It's managable on abyss. But semidar and rikktar is just painful.

Wouldnt use it on roof. It is possible, but it's a little meh.