• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Inscription] Magery bonus to Inscription question

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For maximum bonus to Inscription, does it matter if the scribe has 120 Magery from jewelry/talisman/etc.. or do you need 120 Real skill?

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This may have changed but once upon a time I heard it was beneficial to use +magery items OVER your cap to help get 3 mod books. I honestly don't know how legitimate this was but I heard it from several sources.

I suppose the Max would look like this

120 Real and Displayed Skill (as anything over 120 won't display of course, or even less if you haven't eaten a 120 scroll)
+20 Crystalline Ring
+15 Bracelet
+5 Talisman
+10 Mark of the Travesty

Not sure if I missed anything here, but that is sort of what I recall.

To answer your original question, Having 120 Magery with no +skill items should give you the same bonus as 120 Magery achieved with +skill items.