• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

mage training

PoiZ-Ivy

Adventurer
doing mage training,
-mage wep, went to tram despise,
neg karma
got disco
why am I only getting 0.1 per gain ?

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is your magery at? It has been a couple decades since I trained magery but I believe you only get the slightly higher gains while your skill is low. After a while, it slows to 0.1 unless you are using a scroll of alacrity.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You only get games of more than 0.1 under certain circumstances....

1. You skill is under 30 (or thereabouts)
or
2. You are under the effects of Alacrity Scrolls or something similar (there was a token that acts similar for a party that you can buy, that lasts a week, as part of one of those expensive packs that included collection points, etc.).
or
3. You are in New Haven using one of the New Haven quests, and training the skill up to 50 in the area specified (for combat skills, that's Old Haven)

As you appear to be saying that you are 69 skill after being discoed, 40 when holding a Mage Weapon -29, you are WELL ABOVE the conditions for 1 and 3 (as well as being in the wrong place for 3). You'll only ever get 0.1 gains, unless you use an alacrity scroll, and those only last 15 minutes per scroll.

The only skill I know of that can give gains over 0.1 without an alacrity effect, above 50 skill, is Remove Trap.