• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mage Templates - 10 years gone - no gear limit?

sterger7

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So...been gone a long long time. Have lots of resources. So my question is.

What are some of the best pvp mage dueling templates 1v1 1v2 situations assuming no upper limit on gear?
Like the most feared template, and please feel free to assume certain pieces of gear.

Example: old days it was staff of the magi 6 skill mage or mage/nec straight up. Things change obviously, we didn't have a lot of this other stuff back then. But trying to get something to work with without having to re-do it 2 months from now when I realize it doesn't stack up ;)

Is it still better to go 120 magery with the staff, and suplement the rest even giving up specials now? etc etc...

Seneca

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey bro I just came back too. I seriously recommend taking your butt to TC and trying out some templates.. experiment with them. Also you might have to upgrade to SA. Our "1337" armor is extremely outdated. You reforge armor/weps, and it pretty much makes them their own artifact... no joke.. it's that good. I'm talking 8 LMC, 2 Mana Regen, 20 LRC, 8 mana increase and 70+ resist pieces. It's ridiculous.

Also everyone is trying to tell me to go mysticism.

Here's some ideas I've thought of.

120:
Resist/Mage/Med/Eval/Focus/Mysticism
Resist/Mage/Med/Eval/Scribe/Nox--40 focus

I haven't really messed around with these templates yet, I'm still getting use to a lot of the new stuff.. It took me a long time just to learn to reforge and imbue LOL.

But you'll prolly be sittin on here days without a response :p so send me a message if you wanna know the basics on that reforge/imbue stuff, it can be kinda confusing at first. Also maybe we can noob it up together on TC if you wanna practice ( which is what I'm doing... so much has changed since the last time I had an active UO account )

*edit sorry. I guess focus:mystic::eval:mage... found that out as soon as i logged in and tried it heh

Last edited: