• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Mage/SW Template for PVM

S

SntaCruz83

I know template questions are rather commonplace on the boards, but time and time again the people on these forums never let me down. I was able to make a Sampire in very little time and it has quickly become one of my favorite chars. I have two accounts with plenty of chars with plenty of skills, but only really use 4 of them. None of the ones I really use are mages and it's about time I take advantage of the mage I made a long time ago.

Here are the skills she's got now at her disposal (she was originally a healer/mage):
Anatomy: 100
Eval Int: 115
Healing: 100
Magery: 115
Meditation: 115
Resisting Spells: 110
Spellweaving: (Work in progress with 120 Cap)
Poisoning: 100
Wrestling: Dropped it - maybe i should have soulstoned it...dammit.

Anyway, my goal is to be able to do some decent damage during spawns and guild hunts. So much has changed in the past years and I came back about a month ago - so when it comes to magery related things (including what items are a must have) I'm lost.

PVP is not something I'm as into as I once was, and generally i leave pvp to my dexers anyway. However, if attacked I'd like to be able to survive long enough to get away...not to kill anyone really.

Is the healer/mage template completely obsolete? Is there an advantage to 120 SW? Any chance i can just soulstone these skills around and be done and ready to go? Thanks in advance for any and all advice given and taking the time to help with yet another template post.

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
build a necro/magery/spellweaver. run around with as much SDI as you can and in wraith form to leech the mana back from the damage your spells do. get a level 5 or 6 focus from weaving, cast arcane empowerment and blast away. you'll never go back.

S

SntaCruz83

build a necro/magery/spellweaver. run around with as much SDI as you can and in wraith form to leech the mana back from the damage your spells do. get a level 5 or 6 focus from weaving, cast arcane empowerment and blast away. you'll never go back.
haha...of course necro....the skill i'd have to start from scratch with. thank you very much for your input...i might very well do this. Do you have suggestions for the exact skill distribution?

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 magery
120 eval
120 spellweaving
100 necro
100 Spirit Speak
100 med
100 focus/resist/whatever you want.
or just go 6 120's and eliminate the last skill totally. If you go with a 7th skill I suggest you get a Crystaline Ring for the 20 SDI and +20 magery.