• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mage slayer Talisman

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I remember, these came from doing the crafter item quests in Heartwood.
Ask in General Chat. Someone might have spares.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
They can be gotten from the craft quests...

but I have also gotten them off of Thrasher and Miasma. Granted talismans drop much more frequently on the quests.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think all peerless drop Talismans also. They have all the varieties.

Mage slayer turned out to be useless. The paragons were easy to kill without them.

The flame slayers were sweet.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mage slayer turned out to be useless
It might be useful again some day, if dungeon blackthorn's mage room gets repopulated. I used to like having that equipped when using my warfork there.
"Whatcha doing Laura?"
"just forking around"

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It might be useful again some day, if dungeon blackthorn's mage room gets repopulated. I used to like having that equipped when using my warfork there.
"Whatcha doing Laura?"
"just forking around"
Who let you out of your cage?

1630476948261.png

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That giant ape in Eodon. Drops a lot a talismans and a few legendaries.
Shhh! Noone must know that the Great Ape is by far the best source of 30/30 Crafting Talismans in game with a high Luck suit! Or that he drops Legendary Artifacts like these...
Leg Ape Arms.PNG Leg Ape Gauntlets.PNG

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Shhh! Noone must know that the Great Ape is by far the best source of 30/30 Crafting Talismans in game with a high Luck suit! Or that he drops Legendary Artifacts like these...
and folks always wondered why I was training most all my pets there...

cats outta the bag now :hahaha:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When a returning player arrived they at least had a beetle. I would help them build that and give 105 scrolls. When it was complete I'd take them there with my Cu. Easy to kill.

But now their beetles are 3 slot...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you need a quest to be there or quest is optional?
He and T rex are quests. You get a reward. You don't do damage until you get the quest. Both are lowest in cold and Energy resist. Perfect for a Cu.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Do you need a quest to be there or quest is optional?
He and T rex are quests. You get a reward. You don't do damage until you get the quest. Both are lowest in cold and Energy resist. Perfect for a Cu.
Once you get the quest you can damage him. Once he dies you get the ability to go back to the Chief and get the reward. As long as you don't do back to him you can keep killing the Ape as many times as you want.

Saves from having to get the quest every time you want to kill it.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks around for ape slayer...
Great Ape actually seems weakest to Fire damage, especially with debuffs. Usually i'll pair my Sampire/Wammy along with my Disco/Tamer, and between 120 Disco+Corpse Skin+Onslaught, i lower the Great Ape down to 4-7% Fire Resist.
My Sampire uses a 100% Fire Double Axe with 50% Lightning/50% HLA/81% HML/50% HSL/45% DI (i also use this on Chief Paroxy) which hits the Ape for 300+ total a Double Strike. My Disco/Tamer will use a 120 Chiv+AI 100% Fire Crimson Drake that deals 200+ damage a hit during EoO with all the debuffs rolling. His AI actually deals less damage than his auto attacks against the Great Ape, so Armor Pierce would've been a better option then.

Both wear Luck Suits and use the Luck Sculpture, and have 3k+ Luck after Suit+Sculpture+Honor. Can pull some good Talismans and Legendary Artifacts off of the Great Ape with that. He also drops some ML Ingredients and even rare colored Parrots, such as hue 1165. The Great Ape is basically the only decent source of high end Talismans, since all the other Talisman droppers are either Peerlesses that you have to key for with a garbage loot table (so pulling a 30/30 off of them is extremely rare), or are limited time event mobs such as the Titan bosses during the town invasions (those had good Talisman drops). The quests flat out suck for good Talismans.