• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Mage PvM

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hi all, I want to build mage for pvm.
My first skill is Magery.
My target is to reach max on spells of this skills. I want to be a greater support for my party (like a healer/dps)
Other then equip.. whats skills make me better?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could pick a few options here to go along with magery. You definitely want magery + eval intel.

Maybe some meditation or resist spells.

Then you could go for a mix of the following:

mystic + focus
necro + spirit speak
spellweaving

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
i saw Mysticism and Spellweaving, can select both instead of magery?
otherwise magery + spell + myst can possible for build a good mage?
there are a templates with spell and myst togheter?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I think that Spellweaving is where you want to be. You get the SDI boost from Arcane Empowerment. Plus against big stuff you'll for sure want to cast Word of Death.

If you go with Mysticism I see that more as planning to use the Colossus, and if that's the case you're probably better off to go Disco/Mystic.

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
its possible to have a short description for this skill? What is principal role of them?
- Spellweaving
- Mysticim

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Necro/Mage is the out and out top damager combination, even more so if you throw on Inscription.
Mystic/Mage is the most defensive combination, with Stone Form, numerous ways to Heal, your basic role is summoner.
Spellweaving is pretty much a separate entity that can be put on literally any template. The new masteries for it are amazingly good for such little investment, but in a nutshell it's all about Word of Death, Mana Shield and Summon Reaper. You can Arcane Empowerment your Mage heals to heal for even more.

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Necro/Mage is the out and out top damager combination, even more so if you throw on Inscription.
Mystic/Mage is the most defensive combination, with Stone Form, numerous ways to Heal, your basic role is summoner.
Spellweaving is pretty much a separate entity that can be put on literally any template. The new masteries for it are amazingly good for such little investment, but in a nutshell it's all about Word of Death, Mana Shield and Summon Reaper. You can Arcane Empowerment your Mage heals to heal for even more.
Nice desc. So maybe myst/mage ita what i want.
This template can be defensive for party? Or better for the caster only?

Im looking for mage can help party.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran

Yes, Mysticism would be better for a party as Cleansing Wind will heal multiple people/pets.

Min

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran

Mystic can summon the best monster (colossus) and you can AOE heal, cure, and remove curses from all of your melee guys all at the same time with cleansing wind. You can mass sleep groups of enemies to keep them from overcrowding your party.

You can enter stone form, which makes you mostly immune to poison while you summon things and heal, which helps during the lead up spawn to the dragon turtle.

You can cast protection, and your spells can't be interrupted. In stone form you can spam your cleansing wind and it's ridiculously hard to take you down with 75 resists. Throw in spell weaving, gift of renewal, and the mana shield mastery, and it's just stupid.

If you ever get into a group PVP encounter you can purge buffs from enemies, and help keep everyone up with the heal.

If you want to be even better, you'll learn when and how to use the 64 magery spells too. It's the best overall support template, and magery mixed with spell plague makes the damage respectable.