• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mage PvM - Defensive mode

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hi all!

I'm building my mage and i think a mage most defensive, i have a thread for PvM mage, but i want to reset my question.

this is my template:

Eval Int 120
Magery 120
Myst 120
Res Spell 120
Med 120
Focus 120

I think Med and Focus help me for have no problem with mana, res spell need is a must, other doubt can is on myst or spellweaving.

I think Myst is most defensive, but i want a suggestion for who know "magery" better then me.

This template can do what i want?

Min

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hi all!

I'm building my mage and i think a mage most defensive, i have a thread for PvM mage, but i want to reset my question.

this is my template:

Eval Int 120
Magery 120
Myst 120
Res Spell 120
Med 120
Focus 120

I think Med and Focus help me for have no problem with mana, res spell need is a must, other doubt can is on myst or spellweaving.

I think Myst is most defensive, but i want a suggestion for who know "magery" better then me.

A lot of mystic mages drop meditation for some other skill, i.e. anatomy (120 weapon skill defense with eval int), alchemy (enhance pots), inscription (spell damage), etc. It all depends on what role you're going to take on in your group.

Mysticism is defensive with the stone form and cleansing wind, but spell plague, purge magic, mass sleep, nether cyclone, and colossus are extremely helpful offensive spells regardless of what you're doing.

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My idea is "support for my party". First role is healing and summon for help. Others spells i dont know very well. Damage not is my prerogative.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok well what I would suggest is going with a -15 Mage weapon or the new -0 wand/staff. That counts as a full skill. Then your template is fine the way it is. Otherwise you'll need to use anatomy+eval but honestly your a distance player I don't even use weapon skill or -Mage weapons on my PvMer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
If your goal is to support your party I would have though the most useful thing for you to build would be a Bard as it will actively buff all the party members and can debuff the target.

vegasy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
If your goal is to support your party I would have though the most useful thing for you to build would be a Bard as it will actively buff all the party members and can debuff the target.
I dont know the bard. Maybe its better to read uoguide more :)

I want to make damage too or have to do little support with easy monster (like a dps).
dps/healer, more healer, less dps

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I dont know the bard. Maybe its better to read uoguide more :)

I want to make damage too or have to do little support with easy monster (like a dps).
dps/healer, more healer, less dps

I don't really understand what you just said but;

With Provoke you can make monsters fight each other, helps the group and does damage/gets you rights.
The Provoke Mastery's buff your party, and summons, and heal you.

With Discord you can debuff monsters making them easier to hit and have lower resists, which helps the group.
The Discord Mastery's do huge damage, can be used with Slayer Instruments, and you can change the damage type to suit the targets weakest resist to do even more damage.

With Peace, it's a bit pointless to use it directly, and often unhelpful, but...
The Peace Mastery's buff the party with large regen bonuses, damage reduction, and Poison and Curse resistance.

Having more than one buffs the effects of the other Masterys.

You can use Firehorns to do an area Flame Strike which uses Sulphorous Ash and doesn't dissipate with the number of targets hit. This increases in damage with the more Bard skills on the template and also reduces the cooldown between use.

A Mage/Bard is the best support template in game, and can still be pretty powerful at taking things down on it's own.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Hi all!

this is my template:

Eval Int 120
Magery 120
Myst 120
Res Spell 120
Med 120
Focus 120

You should master a mystic mage before doing a bard, which is more limited in the amount of different spells you can cast.

My template is very similar to yours, except for that I manage to squeeze Spellweaving on there, too. Your template is good... you will have maximum magery and mysticism abilities. Make sure to get plenty of SDI on your jewels and elsewhere on your suit, if you can. And even with 120 Focus & Meditation, you will run out of mana (depending on how much faster casting and fast cast recovery you have). So make sure to have some mana regen on the suit too.

If you're on Atlantic and still in process of building your suit, I can help you with some jewels and armor pieces. Give me a shout on ICQ if interested.

You may want to look the prize horse in the mouth. Intelligence Evaluating Intelligence Magery and of course Strength. Here looks like Chivalry would help the Close Wounds then Purge by Fire any status effect. Higher Mana enemy's fight with Necromancry if you want to avoid all that. Eval Int and a few dabbles in LRC would distract any armed combatant.