• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Mage/Mystic/ .. Chiv??

• Thread starter imperterritus
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imperterritus

I've heard several times on these forums that if you can't fit in 120 Resist Spells, don't bother. My gargoyle mage/mystic/imbuer could not, so I'm working him toward mid-level Chivalry instead. The goal template is:

Gargoyle
======
120: Wrestle, Imbue
110+10: Magery, Mysticism
100:10: Eval Int, Meditate
60+10: Chivalry

I'm thinking three spells from Chivalry would be useful, Remove Curse, Divine Fury, and Dispel Evil. Remove Curse all by itself fills in a gap the other spell books don't offer, and partially offsets the lack of the Resist Spells abilitiy. Divine Fury offers full Stamina Regen, and Dispel Evil could help if have mid-level undead about. (I don't expect miracles from just 70 Chiv.)

Any comments on this build would be welcome. Thanks.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

The Chivalry is pretty much redundant. Cleansing Wind (Mysticism 6th circle) Removes Curse and Poison and Heals for 35 (@ 120 Eval) all in one go. You have Dispel & Mass Dispel & Dispel Field in the Magery book. Theres Total Refresh potions if you're worried about the Stamina but it probably wont be an issue anyway.

Also, if you're a Gargoyle with Mysticism/Imbuing/Eval its a good idea to take those skills to 120 as they affect the strength, resists and skills of your Rising Colossus.

If you don't get much out of the Wrestling specials, 220 points between Eval (120) & Anatomy (100) gives you the same defense, for 20 points less.

I

imperterritus

Thanks, LG. It sounds like dropping the Chiv and going 6x legendary on everything else will be the way to go.

S

Stupid Miner

I've heard several times on these forums that if you can't fit in 120 Resist Spells, don't bother. My gargoyle mage/mystic/imbuer could not, so I'm working him toward mid-level Chivalry instead. The goal template is:

Gargoyle
======
120: Wrestle, Imbue
110+10: Magery, Mysticism
100:10: Eval Int, Meditate
60+10: Chivalry

I'm thinking three spells from Chivalry would be useful, Remove Curse, Divine Fury, and Dispel Evil. Remove Curse all by itself fills in a gap the other spell books don't offer, and partially offsets the lack of the Resist Spells abilitiy. Divine Fury offers full Stamina Regen, and Dispel Evil could help if have mid-level undead about. (I don't expect miracles from just 70 Chiv.)

Any comments on this build would be welcome. Thanks.
Chiv is nice with 4/6 casting. But that's a waste of FC 2 for that template.