• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Mage Bard

C

Caelas

Hi there, I'm making a new character...my first bard (and my first mage to boot!) I'm looking for pointers, tips, any of them little "oh CRAP" things that others may have learned before me on barding (or magery). Any help is appriciated!

C

Caelas

Ok...how about a direct question. I read that gaining music was best done by getting on a boat and playing up and down a server line. Is this still true?

W

Walkerboh77

it took me 23 minutes to gm music from 0 standing in the middle of luna....

simply put an instrument on your qbar (in KR client)

grab two alacrity scrolls (which are CHEAP for music).....and spam the hell out of the instrument bind....as fast as you can push the button...it really is that easy...the scrolls give you .2-.6 per gain and it literally flies....easiest skill in the game

if you cant land some alacrity scrolls....then it will be a bit slower...i'd say maybe 2 hours depending on how fast you spam that button

provo on the other hand takes FOREVER...i'm at 108.4 and crawling....i havent made it to discord yet

C

Caelas

I'm still on the 2D client, and I have UOA set up to play the lute 20 times per click...one second between actions, so 20 sec or so interval. Should I expect about the same results?

W

Walkerboh77

1 sec intervals will be much slower....manually in 3d i was getting at least 3 presses per second...

so your gm time may be 3x's + longer than 23 minutes with alacrity scrolls and maybe around 6 hours to gm without scrolls

this is just educated guessing at this point

try making 3 diff macros and hit them in quick succession......that may alleviate the 1 sec gap if thats as low as you can go

F

Fink

it took me 23 minutes to gm music from 0 standing in the middle of luna....
THAT WAS YOU?? :cursing:

I'm still on the 2D client, and I have UOA set up to play the lute 20 times per click...one second between actions, so 20 sec or so interval. Should I expect about the same results?
You could always make a LastObject macro in the 2D client and hold the key down. I'm not sure if that's quicker than UO:Assist's best, but it's faster than once per second.

C

Caelas

And by hold the key down you mean place a heavy object on it and go eat dinner? :p

C

Caelas

Ok, so I changed to KR client, and got from 51 to 89.1 in about an hour....then the gains just STOPPED. What gives?

C

Caelas

Ok, got it to go up to 90.4...walked around until I found a spot that gave a gain and played there until the gains stopped. Maybe tomorrow I will GM it.

W

Walkerboh77

yeah...it slows down a bit around 90-95....then picks up again from what i've noticed....i stopped at 100 so it doesnt mess up my provo gains

D

dragongunner

Just to confirm what Walkerboh77 said is correct as I also play with the KR client. The only difference that with me was that I didnt have any alacrity scrolls. I was still able to GM music in about 25 minutes standing outside of my house and spamming music (still have the blister on my index finger to prove it LOL).