• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Made in China"....on our movie tickets?

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Although it is a shame that this is happening, it's a sign of how bad our own economy has become I think. Music, Video Games, Movies, and for many many years, clothes vehicle parts, food, and all kinds of other items and services have been things China has been getting into with americans. I wouldn't say we have nobody to blame but ourselves, but.. I almost want to. Bob Hall from the article you linked to is at least trying to do something, and that's a start, but until he's backed or more people like him put their foot down or even people who aren't currently on his level get ON his level and make a stand against this sort of thing, it's just going to continue happening, meow.

We can sit around and play video games, work our 9 to 5's, and eat some tasty dinners.. but as long as we stay in that video game, 9 to 5 and home bodying groove.. we aren't usually applying ourselves in the arena's we should be applying ourselves, and letting big corporations that give us the video games, movies, OUR GOVERNMENT supposedly ran by our "elected" officials which SHOULD be public servants to the COMMUNITY, not the other way around, things like this will continue to happen. Also, I think a serious problem with current pseudo financial/ethical problems is the company bail outs. The fact these even started in the first place is atrocious.. but now it's become like an entitlement thing.. and those that aren't getting their "entitlement" they resort to things like selling out to high bidders, often times before anything majorly bad is going on simply because they assume based on over hyped "market research" which is wildly pskitzo to begin with. I dunno, I'm not super intelligent or anything, but it doesn't take a genius to realize that the pit we've gotten ourselves into is bad, but it's things like shutting yourself off and getting into a trend that makes allowing people into positions of power and public authority who don't belong there in the first place able to get there.

Coupled with inherent trends of just trying to relax for ourselves, and the devious and unscrupulous nature of those that would seek to get into positions where they can leech off people "below" them, and then tell them how they will be living, and by what measure they will themselves be allowed to leech off those people "below" them, (usually some extremely over inflated amount, which is also a pure reflection of the type of person I'm referring to), it just has become very much a wolf eat sheep society. And we'll continue being sheep allowing this sort of EXTREMELY non-American stuff to go on and on. What can we do you ask? There's not a lot we can do without being slandered and bad mouthed out of everyone's homes because of news media leaping on everything and screaming "Acts of Terrorism" or whatever other handy negative association they can link you with, and that just goes hand in hand with corrupt governments and corporations who have heavy buy ins with the media. It's almost as if all we can do (and still reasonably comfortable while it lasts), is just sit back and watch it happen, til it's all over. And basically it's not america anymore, it's just some land, that varying countries have bought up, but we get to live here, and hated by the people that bought the land up because of our governments choices to treat the majority of the rest of the world like a playground and disrespectfully at that. Anyhow, enough with my depressing bs. Let's have some cinnamon rollz! Meow!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
China's kind of been my focus in higher education for the past 7 years. Chinese was my language as an undergrad, too. I'm less worried than most people seem to be.

They hide their problems well, but they've got problems a helluv a lot bigger than ours.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Another seriously FOUL problem, ( I'm not going to say anything hopefully religious denominationally or non-denominationally but it does pertain to religious freedom and the key aspects of this and how it pertains to America in the first place), is that this country was FOUNDED on the pursuit of religious freedom and escaping outrageous taxations from a corrupt government. And our struggles as an American society to fight against tyranny.

I was watching on the news (not that I go to the news regularly to get my dose of "truths" to often) that now at some theaters they now show little snips of American families claiming "We are ok without god". AMERICAN families saying they are OK without a FUNDAMENTAL aspect of american society in their lives. I realize this can be construed as a religious "choice", the point I am making is this is a religious choice, to choose NOT to be religious or have belief in god, (however "intelligent" or not intelligent that choice may be, I'll refrain from going and stating my thoughts either way p.m me if you're interested meow). Furthermore, is there not a clause in our most important documents that there is a separation of church and state? That is there to keep religious matters out of the work place (which at the time could result in some religious individuals duking it out over their religion at the workplace or school for instance), but is now being used as a crutch by the government to remove people from religion altogether and soften the moral fabric of communities on a scale that'd be almost impossible to put statistically and further allow for more sweeping godless (and very immoral) behavior to continue. It's like technology, we were at a very slow moving pace back in the 1800's and had been kinda on that technological level for many many years, then we started developing well MOVIES, cars, computers, advanced communications devices and the flood gates opened, and higher levels of technology began flooding through.. same with immoral leading of our government.. one thing erodes after another and we begin to let it flood to the point where it's well.. flooded. Your children get born into it, raised into it, and accept it as their reality, which if you're 30 or so, our world was much different than our child's world, the issues much different. Our issues were much different than our parents issues.. the thing is, not only were the issues your parents dealing with STILL ISSUES TODAY, your issues from your childhood are still there, and now your children's dealin with all this crap we've left un fixed, or completely ignored altogether but trust me it's still there irking who it's irking. The weird thing, the people we can elect into offices to fix this, are people who have been raised into this life style that is there. Here and there you find people that aren't totally rotten toothed with the insanity, but that 1 person is surrounded with people who are, and even if that 1 person has honest good intentions, to get anything done by themselves they have to deal with the rot gutted around them to make any form of sensible legislation happen. I'm all for democracy and not dictatorship, and varying views of what society should be, but at some point, you have to see where a line has to be drawn before you can start just justifying breaking the law, and if you can't in it's current incarnation you just go back and amend something in the constitution or the bill of rights til you can. And eventually after letting it go unchecked for decades and decades, it gets to where the people who should be serving you are no longer serving you, but simply finding "new and improved" methods of making sure they can do whatever they want and get away with it with as little to no punishment as possible. With no form of religion or "god" for someone to answer to, nothing stops an "educated" individual in a seat of political or financial power from committing unadulterated atrocities and grievous deeds to suit themselves. It can be as small as embezzling a few hundred million dollars to straight up assassinations and staging coups in foreign countries, to sabotaging fellow politicians to keep them from getting into seats where they can challenge this kind of behavior. And the list goes on.

That being said, there's no wrestling with someone's choice to be religious or have a firm rooting in the belief there is god or not. It is a basic and fundamental concept that the United States of America was founded upon. What we can do is choose to let someone who's got no fear of the consequences of their actions get into a position where they can do whatever they please. Meow. Kind off topic, but somehow related imo.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
China's kind of been my focus in higher education for the past 7 years. Chinese was my language as an undergrad, too. I'm less worried than most people seem to be.

They hide their problems well, but they've got problems a helluv a lot bigger than ours.
Asia is my focus in history as well and I completely agree. China is by no means the power that many think there are far more cracks then many would think.