• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Macros

Another Lamer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just downloaded and had a go at SA......I love the client/graphics/interface etc.

Ive been playing UO for a very log time (around 10 years), it still saddens me to think that I may still have to use the old 2d version.

The reason.....Macros!

For the PvP community to embrace any new client, you must be able to do the same kind of macros as you can in 2d with assist.

Prime example.....I play a mage and very much a creature of habbit. When i learned to PvP all those years ago the following set-up was used by most (and still is)

Mouse Wheel Down - Hit Last Target
Side Mouse Button - Target Self
Queue Self/Last Target - Enabled

If you can set these macros in the new client or even KR for that matter please tell me how (so far I cant work out how) - I don't beleive you can.

Can this please please please please be fixed........I really don't want to see yet another new client be a total fail amoungst the pvp community.

Cheers

T

Teiwaz

Ummm I have no clue what your talking about in relation to the mouse ,but then I don't really know much more about a comp than press(in) button to turn it on ,type in my password to access the windows icons ,double click the UO icon type in password ,select char and then play, that is about the real extant on my comp knowledge. :)

Now for my Macro question...where can I find ('cause I already looked on Stratics to no avail) descriptions of waht each macro does exactly? I cannot figure out what atleast 75% of them do ,so in essence I cannot structure a workable Macro that I desire on the SA open Beta. PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS! :wall:

T

Teiwaz

you'll find lots of discussion about macros and the client in general in the new beta client discussion board.
http://vboards.stratics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=454

Thank you and I had already looked there before I posted here and no help on either in what I'm specificly looking for.... (1) What does each <insert macro icon here> icon in the macro set up menu do exactly? & (2) knowing what each one does exactly will greatly improve my ability to understand how to apply them in a macro structure that I desire. Most of what peeps are saying on the disc. boards are to cryptic and no clear enough for me to understand what is happening in regards to the macro icon(s) they implemented.