• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Macros without UOA

H

HST

Hello,

Am I doing something wrong, or do I need UOA for the following macros:

1.Cast Spell - Invisibility
Target Self

2. Use Skill - Stealth
Cast Spell - Shadow Jump

When I put the 1st one in the UO macro system, it casts the invisibility spell, but does not target me. It only brings up the targeting cursor.

When I put the 2nd one in, it uses the stealth skill, but won't cast shadow jump. (Can't put a 'pause' in between them.)

These have always been 2 of my most important macros for stealing. I've had UOA forever, but just removed it because it was acting a little funny. I'm just trying to avoid buying it again if I don't have to.

Thanks for everyone's help.

G

1. You need to insert another line in here. There is an option of Wait for Targetting Cursor. Put this in between the casting of the spell and the targetting of yourself. That should clear the problem up.

As for 2. you no longer need to use the stealth skill. Once you are hidden you automatically are in stealth mode (you can hide and walk immediately and remain hidden). Just set up a macro to hide (mine is F9), then a macro to cast shadow jump (mine is F11). Then press them one after the other, you will hide then prepare for the jump, no need to stealth in between.

Hope that helps!

H

HST

Many thanks to both of you. I really appreciate the info. I'll play around with it and see if I can get it to work.

G

<blockquote><hr>

This is incorrect.

You need to take a step to activate Stealth. If you Hide and stand still, Stealth won't be activated. And if you try to cast Shadow Jump you'll get the "You must be in stealth mode to use this ability" message.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I do apologise, obviously I've never used SJ from a standing start!
Suppose you could just tap a direction arrow to take a step as this will put you into stealth, then hit the SJ macro key?

I

imported_Chad Sexington

You could, but you risk auto reveal if they're on top of you.

M

majorwoo

be aware that actively using stealth will refresh your skill timer.

Also, last I checked shadow jump was bugged - after jumping you need to reopen your paperdoll or the next time you try and use a skill you'll get a "busy doing something else" message.