• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Macros in SA - win 7

Rottweiler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hi i got a new comp with win 7. i wanna know how/where do you put your macros in sa?
my old comp had the anniversary 9 that had folder labled "desktop" and all your chars and the macros where in that folder, but sa dont have that.

where is the characters and macros located?

O

Old Man of UO

It will now be located in your Documents folder, something like:

C:\Users\UserName\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\AccountName\Lake Superior

Inside the "Shard Name" folder you will find a file with each character name on that shard. Open the character file, and the macros will be listed under the <Macros> heading.

It's a good idea to make a copy of these files and store away some place - once in a while updates will bork these files.

Rottweiler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks for the help but that didnt work. I put the macro in there and logged in uo, no macros. I know its the macros before I got new comp & got win 7, because I opened macro file and everything is listed. What else can I try?

I checked 1 char had an old macro. I checkecked another char hit same key f12 it does the same macro as first. but the 2nd char i tried. i never set macros up for it but it did same as 1st char now. this is not good

Rottweiler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks for the help but that didnt work. I put the macro in there and logged in uo, no macros. I know its the macros before I got new comp & got win 7, because I opened macro file and everything is listed. What else can I try?

I checked 1 char had an old macro. I checkecked another char hit same key f12 it does the same macro as first. but the 2nd char i tried. i never set macros up for it but it did same as 1st char now. this is not good
Here we go. i logged into a char on other acct and hit f12 did the same macro. so this tells me all my chars gotta have same macros on all accts. that will be great a char thats not a tamer will have "all kill". great

O

Old Man of UO

Here we go. i logged into a char on other acct and hit f12 did the same macro. so this tells me all my chars gotta have same macros on all accts. that will be great a char thats not a tamer will have "all kill". great
DUH! My Fault... I'm using the Enhanced client... were you asking about the Classic Client?

Rottweiler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes im useing clasic sa. i found the place the acct folder go, the problem its doing is it makes another folder for my acct. the macro it loads in that folder is macro i made and deleted two months ago.

O

Old Man of UO

yes im useing clasic sa. i found the place the acct folder go, the problem its doing is it makes another folder for my acct. the macro it loads in that folder is macro i made and deleted two months ago.
Do a search for your character name and that should find the file for you. Most likely you will find several character files, but the search should find the folder you are looking for.