• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Macro to use to pickup ground reagents?

S

Sayal

Hello all. I'm an oldtime (original UO beta) player that's been gone around 7 years. I'm trying out the UOKR 14 day trial to see if I'd like to come back. :) I doubt I can convince my husband to come back though. :sad3:

But I can't seem to find how to do an in-game macro to pickup reagents on the ground.

I tried loading UO Assist but for some reason that won't recognize my UOKR install UO.EXE. When I browse to that folder, it only will see the UOPatch.exe.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Orijinn of Pacific

Warsong of LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOAssist will not work with the KR client, if you download the 2d client, UOAssist will recognize it and work again, then you can set a macro to pick up regs within UOAssist.

S

Sayal

Ah, kinda figured that about UOAssist. It didn't say anything about it on the website.

I'd rather not go to the 2D client. So far I really like the UOKR client and the in-game modelling. So guess I won't play a mage for awhile. Can't really afford the reagent burn as a newbie. I've heard of some sort of outfit that exists now where you don't use reagents. So I may just play my new 2nd character Drojinn (bushido fighter who stays alive MUCH longer than my fragile as paper mage) to get enough money for that.

Thanks for the info!
Orijinn (wanders off muttering trying to remember how to be a tamer)

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are on the Chesapeake shard, I have a crate full of assorted Lower Reagent Cost armor pieces, meddable of course, that I've scavenged from IDOC left-overs. I would be happy to help you get a 100% LRC suit together for Magery training. :)

If you look around the bank in New Haven, many times other players leave things like LRC armor pieces on the ground or in bags for new/returning players to use. I've found all sorts of useful things tossed out at many of the banks.

Almost forgot...welcome back to UO! *grins*

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The suit property is "Lower Reagent Cost" - a piece can have up to 20% in it, and the property is found on armor pieces as well as braceelts & rings.

Another option for gathering reagents is to add 30 necro and 30 spirit speak to one of your characters.

The Necromancy spell summon Familiar can summon a Horde Minion, which can act as a 400-stone pack animal AND will pick up loose items (such as regs and arrows) off the ground as it travels (it's a little klepto). So, just summon a horde minion, walk through your reg gathering area back and forth, then get the regs off him when done.

There is also a quest from Grizelda the hag that gives 30 of each reagent.