• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Macro help - Bandage nearest Friend while in war mode

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm trying to update my macros for applying bandages to party / guildies.

Currently I have it set up simply as: bandaged dropped on hotbar square with target-stored. This works great, except whenever the players I'm hunting with switch characters, I have to reset the stored target to the different character. This works fine even when I'm in war mode, because I'm never actively targeting the player, so I never attack them by accident.

I'm wanting to set up a macro that will work for any nearest Friend that has low health without me having to reset the stored target.

The problems I have is auto-attacking players whenever the macro targets the player.

So, I've put together this:
Peace mode | Target lowest health Friend | Use bandage | Wait for target | Cursor target current | Target nearest Hostile | War mode.

The macro should drop me into peace mode, target the lowest health player, apply bandage, target nearest hostile then enter war mode.

The macro is not targeting nearest hostile at all, even though a hostile was close.

I tested simple macro with just Target lowest health Friend | Target nearest Hostile, and it worked great.

Whenever I put it into the bandage macro, the test character receives the message "X is attacking you" before the applied bandage begins. I've put in delays in different places, but couldn't get it to work correctly.

I also do not want to turn off always attack.

Is there an option for release current target, kind of what happens when you hit Esc.

Does anybody else have a working macro that I could copy?

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I handle it two ways. I dropped a stack of bandies in a box and set it to target stored. I also added a stack of bandies and set it to target cursor. This allows me to keep attacking the hostile and to bandage someone close to me without switching targets at all since the target cursor doesn't cause you to actually switch targets. Of course I have to click on the person I'm healing but it hasn't interrupted me from continuing the fight.

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm wanting to set up a macro that will work for any nearest Friend that has low health without me having to reset the stored target.
The problems I have is auto-attacking players whenever the macro targets the player.
Of course I have to click on the person I'm healing but it hasn't interrupted me from continuing the fight.
I'm looking for a macro that will allow me to cross heal a guildie with the press of a hot key, without me having to use my cursor to select them or their health bar.

The problem I have is sometimes when I use the cursor to select the character/health bar, I will not only apply the bandage, but will also select them as a target. Maybe it's because I'm mouse trigger happy and accidentally click it twice.

Regardless, shooting them while having an Armor Ignore charged kind of defeats the purpose of applying a bandie when they are red-lined, doesn't it.

Is there any way to make a macro work like I want it to?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why don't you just use target stored with the bandages on the hotbar?

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me reiterate from my original post...
Currently I have it set up simply as: bandaged dropped on hotbar square with target-stored. This works great, except whenever the players I'm hunting with switch characters, I have to reset the stored target to the different character.
That is what I am currently doing, but...

We may first do a champ spawn, then do a Peerless boss. Then maybe a treasure map, and maybe end with another Peerless. Most players will switch characters, some players will skip a run, while others may join.

Every time we do something different I have to reset anywhere from 4-6 stored targets, plus I have to remember which hot key spot I stored each character. This is kind of annoying to have to do.

I thought if I did a target lowest health Friendly, it would work regardless of who I was trying to heal... Obviously they would be the one with the lowest health. The problem is always attacking a friendly when they become the target.

Oh, and by the way... the UI Option to block war on guild/party/pets doesn't work either. I still target them and get an attack off before going into peace mode.

And what REALLY sux, is when we're standing around an Abyss Idol getting ready to drop keys and I'm trying to reset the stored targets, if I accidentally target a guildie, I'll get flagged Heat of Battle and cannot use the to gate into the boss fight. Luckily that has only happened to me once, but was still annoying.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's how the game works, there is no easy way. If you don't like how bandages work, then it's time to let the dirty work to someone who likes endless clicks :D

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question for you Pinco...

You know how if you have something targeted and use press the Esc key, it will release the current target? Is there anyway to add that into a macro?

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There should be the cancel target cursor, but not the current target because it can't be done...

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay. Thanks for all the feedback guys.

I will continue doing it how I have been. It's not entirely an annoying way of handling it, so I'll keep on keeping on.