• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Macro commands don't work after a script command?

• Thread starter Old Man of UO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
O

Old Man of UO

JoO asked a question in the SA forum about creating a macro to dismount and then issue the "All Kill" Command to your pet.

script UserActionUseItem(WindowData.PlayerStatus.PlayerId ,false)

This works to dismount just fine, but any macro command that comes after that is ignored. Is this the way it is supposed to work, and is there any way to do what JoO is asking for? I think I would like to get that to work for my tamer also.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use two separate macros in succession to do what you're talking about and haven't noticed any issues. Are you trying to combine the dismount and kill command in a single macro?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
JoO asked a question in the SA forum about creating a macro to dismount and then issue the "All Kill" Command to your pet.

script UserActionUseItem(WindowData.PlayerStatus.PlayerId ,false)

This works to dismount just fine, but any macro command that comes after that is ignored. Is this the way it is supposed to work, and is there any way to do what JoO is asking for? I think I would like to get that to work for my tamer also.
Have you tried putting a delay in there right after the script command?

O

Old Man of UO

I use two separate macros in succession to do what you're talking about and haven't noticed any issues. Are you trying to combine the dismount and kill command in a single macro?
Yes, combined into one macro rather than pressing two macro commands. THAT I know how to do!

Have you tried putting a delay in there right after the script command?
Yep... tried a delay, removed it, added other commands. Nothing happened after the dismount. I didn't try another script, and wonder if there is a script command to say the command, or even if you can run two separate script commands in one macro.

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like there are issues running that particular command as a script. It hijacks the macro and stops it abruptly. I'll have to investigate what's causing this and if there's a solution.

The other thing to address is perhaps adding a proper dismount action into the current library of macro actions, one that will dismount you and not open your paperdoll when you are not mounted. I'll put that up on the checklist on my whiteboard.

I'm not sure where JoO's original thread was, but if he's made aware of my response here, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I will find the thread
I linked this to joO's thread in Stygian abyss forum

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A dismount action would be awesome. Anything that makes EC easier to use, please put it in.
Might as well put a MOUNT action too. For live pets.

O

Old Man of UO

... I'll have to investigate what's causing this and if there's a solution... I'll put that up on the checklist on my whiteboard...
WOOHOO! Thanks for looking into this, BTeng!

:pint: *pours a a cold one for Brian*

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks. My current work around is to use my n52 to create a macro so I can hit one key and it will hit the key to dismount 50 ms delay then hit a key macrod for all kill.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, thanks for looking in to this BTeng!

A dismount action would be awesome. Anything that makes EC easier to use, please put it in.
Might as well put a MOUNT action too. For live pets.
I also agree with Hildebrand's idea to include a mount action as well. Would be great not to have to construct that by hand.

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
noticed the other day they are adding a dismount macro! Mission accomplished gents! :):) Thanks Axel.