• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Lysander's Notebook and another

J

Jasonleebeck

I'm gonna assume that this is from one of the guys in Khaldun. I have 3 of these books, but one is a different book graphic. 2 are the purplish-blue, and the one other is the small red book. The other book I think is from the same place/person and is titled, "Journal: Discovery Of the Tomb." Do these carry any value to collectors?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not really, though if one can get a full set, with matching covers, of all 3 book series (there's one other from Khaldun as well), you can sometimes find a buyer for the matching sets for 100k-1 million gold, such as to put into homes set up as libraries.

I sold 3 sets in late 2007, on a small shard like Lake Austin. After the last of the player-run ingame auctions died, I've not attempted to assemble another set.

IF one gets down to it, the real value in the book set is the buyer recognizing the time and danger involved with collecting the sets in Fel Khaldun.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
its actually a lot of fun to get those books.

has anyone ever sat down and made a list of how many of them there are?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
kind of funny, this post was on Uhaul just right now.

so here is all the answers to these books.

I think what the OP means is now the npc has the title of the book in the sales window thing instead of just 'a book' for the small brown books

kelmo

http://uo.stratics.com/secrets/bio/b_cursed.shtml

Tavara can drop 13 different books. Same title but different days.
Lysander 6 books as above, same title, different days.
Grimmoch 9 books

Both drop in 2 colours. The purple one and small red one.

and don't forget these

suppose they can be copied.