• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] LvL 3 Necro / Magery Mastery

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For Magery, honestly, not much. It has essentially zero use. Necro is better, it does let you control two skeletal dragons, but it is kind of a niche use. If they haven't fixed the bug where the dragons pain spike each other constantly, then it is even worse. If that is fixed it can be fun to roll into despise with two pissed off necromantic dragons.

Mister Sinister

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Magery III I sold for 1-3 mil on a regular basis

Necro III I sold for 8-10 mil. It is one of the most underrated primers out there. The skeletal dragons were awesome before they got fixed (they used to flag on each other and players/pets through area dmg spells), all you had to do was catch them before they kill each other, say all stop, all follow me and then sick them back on whatever you were killing. Now that they're fixed you can farm stuff even more easily. There are two places where they shine the most:
Despise Rat spawns and farming Blackthorn mages

If you figure out how to do that with them you basically you will never have problems with gold again...ever!

The conduit mastery is also very nice if you know how to use it. Great for doing spawns, especially the turtle spawn (I know, not very popular but the only way to get turtle eggs):
drag a bunch of critters to the river and teleport over to one of the little islands. cast conduit, cast corpse skin (will be applied to all within the conduit square), cast evil omen (also applied to are) and then cast poison strike (not only will it hit every single monster, it's splash damage will also multiply) - watch the damage numbers fill up your entire screen and laugh.

Last edited:

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you can sell them, by all means, sell them for what Sinister has said, and good for you! I've just never seen anyone pay any price for magery or use it. Some of the masteries are really good, but when you can only have one active, magery has never been the choice over spellweaving or taming or several others among the folks I play with regularly.

Necro sold well at first, and I pointed out that it can be useful, but since those first few months I have run into exactly zero folks using it. Didn't mean people don't use it, just means I've never seen any evidence. If I'm going to pay 5 mil + for a mastery, it needs to be something that I will use every day and it needs to be something that fundamentally improves my game play. I've never seen that with necro. Maybe others do.