• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Luna, Lag, Books & Runes

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Alright, I'm all for promoting your vendor house. I even at one time dropped a few runes for my house in Luna, one at each entrance and one at each bank corner. Last time I did this was about a year ago tho, as I don't think its needed to advertise a Luna home if the vendors and home are sharply done.

But now it seems that i cannot come into Luna without hitting at least a small lag spike, and I wondered why for awhile. Then I took notice of the increasing number of runes and books being dropped everywhere.

It's one thing to do as I did, because even then if there were say 5 shops dropping runes in Luna, there'd be 20 in the bank itself (5 in each corner) and 5 at each entrance of Luna.

This is why trash cans were placed in banks, to reduce lag and clutter. Come on, it gets to a point where it goes beyond a friendly advertisement and turns into a "Just Say No"-style campaign being shoved down your throat.

A

Ashlen

You mean those runes are for advertising?
they lead to other peoples shops :blushing:

I thought they were laid out there for me to pick
up so I wouldn't have to buy any runes when
I was marking my books.
I thought people were just being nice:D

Now I know :thumbup1:

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ashlen, with no disrespect...that is the funniest thing I've heard all week. No offense.

"Back in the day" when when I used to try to run a shop out of Malas (far off the beaten path) the only way for someone to really find my home was to do rune placement. Hehe, I never thought someone would simply grab them up to use them for personal use.

But yeah, they are there advertise someone's shop.

Calina, are you sure its the runes that create the lag? I often thought it was loading all the actual players. So, if there are bunches of players in the bank then the more lag? I really don't know myself, I'm more asking if that may be the case.

M

Marcus Blackwell

Im sure it plays a part in lag but not sure how much of one. Ive noticed on Catskills I seem to lag more in Luna then I do on Atlantic..and Atlantic has 10x the peeps at Luna and just as many runes laying on the ground for shops.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ashlen, with no disrespect...that is the funniest thing I've heard all week. No offense.

"Back in the day" when when I used to try to run a shop out of Malas (far off the beaten path) the only way for someone to really find my home was to do rune placement. Hehe, I never thought someone would simply grab them up to use them for personal use.

But yeah, they are there advertise someone's shop.

Calina, are you sure its the runes that create the lag? I often thought it was loading all the actual players. So, if there are bunches of players in the bank then the more lag? I really don't know myself, I'm more asking if that may be the case.
Yes, I'm sure that the runes play a part in the lag for the same reason as when you come into someone's house with alot of items you lag. It's loading anything that causes lag. But I think its more of a point that its such a terrible eyesore to have SUCH a cluttered bank. It's one thing to have a rune or two to your shop, but filling every tile in a circle around the bank?

Now I know why so many people trash them or pick em up and mark over them for themselves. Free runes.