• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lumberjack and JOAT

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm in the planning phase of a new character, predominately for Doom. 120 tactics and anatomy + 150 strength + 100 DI from items gives me 296.25 of 300% DI.

If I go human, will the 20 JOAT work for giving me the 4% lumberjack DI bonus to cap me out? I know JOAT doesn't work for LMC special move purposes. But I've never heard anything about this.

Also, in your opinion, is it worth it to go human for that 4% (3.75%) bonus and 2 HPR over an elf's +20 mana?

Current template:
120 swords, bushido
110 tactics, anatomy (both jeweled to 120)
100 necro, resist
60 parry

EDIT: I just remembered the level 3 mastery +5% Damage Bonus. Is this part of the DI calculation or Damage Modifier calculation?

Last edited:

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've since found out that the mastery bonus applies to the 300% damage modifier. Anyone help a brother out with the rest?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I tend to prefer human for JOAT lj and focus, along with the other regens and the extra 40 stones you can carry.
I would also go with real 120 tactics instead of 110 for the 20% resist debuff from onslaught. In the end you will deal more damage that way than with 110 tactics and anatomy, even if you have to sacrifice 10 points from anatomy.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I prefer the +20 Mana from being an Elf on my Sampire. If you have the right weapons and overall set up, you should be leaching back enough life, mana, stam and doing enough damage that JOAT bonuses from focus/med/LJ aren't going to make much of a difference.

I would also go with Chivalry over Anatomy, but that's just me. Perhaps go with your set up and grab a soulstone fragment in the future to play around with different set ups.

Good luck!