• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lucy's eyes flickered

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
damn her head hurt. her eyes finally opened. she looked around at the ashes of her uo life. she glanced across to zofinur's ea life to see it just smouldering.
the temptation was to simply close her eyes as she felt so tired of ea, so easy to do. there are other lands far afield to inspect. but here in her life it seemed so hard. she felt dirty from the accusations of ea and ashamed of herself. best just to close her eyes and fall asleep for ever. but there was a nagging thing. it came to her time after time after time. every time she closed her eyes it was like people refused to let her sleep. a flowing power, a just power, jeez wont they give up she thought but seemingly no they wouldnt. it was the sound, now what is that sound?
ahhh at last she identified it. it was the sound of friendship. it said 'rise up lucy of kenton' ' do not be ashamed as ye have nothing to be ashamed of'
lucy stood up, examined the ashes, she was in alot of pain, she glanced across to zofinur's ashes once more and thought of the injustice.
ok she thought, for me, for zofinur and for the friendship that ea could not tear from her. FOR ALL THAT IS GOOD she proclaimed 'i will return' hopefully with zofinur at my side or i at his.
as a postscript, dear ea, you can take the girl from uo but not the uo from the girl though im sure in a not too distant future you may try.
may i ask that if you are making a char in the near future that maybe name it 'lucy of Kenton'

Tia

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
damn her head hurt. her eyes finally opened. she looked around at the ashes of her uo life. she glanced across to zofinur's ea life to see it just smouldering.
the temptation was to simply close her eyes as she felt so tired of ea, so easy to do. there are other lands far afield to inspect. but here in her life it seemed so hard. she felt dirty from the accusations of ea and ashamed of herself. best just to close her eyes and fall asleep for ever. but there was a nagging thing. it came to her time after time after time. every time she closed her eyes it was like people refused to let her sleep. a flowing power, a just power, jeez wont they give up she thought but seemingly no they wouldnt. it was the sound, now what is that sound?
ahhh at last she identified it. it was the sound of friendship. it said 'rise up lucy of kenton' ' do not be ashamed as ye have nothing to be ashamed of'
lucy stood up, examined the ashes, she was in alot of pain, she glanced across to zofinur's ashes once more and thought of the injustice.
ok she thought, for me, for zofinur and for the friendship that ea could not tear from her. FOR ALL THAT IS GOOD she proclaimed 'i will return' hopefully with zofinur at my side or i at his.
as a postscript, dear ea, you can take the girl from uo but not the uo from the girl though im sure in a not too distant future you may try.
may i ask that if you are making a char in the near future that maybe name it 'lucy of Kenton'

Thats more like it babes *Huggies*

Rosalinda

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm... there seem to be some abandoned horde minions with interesting names starting to show up in the graveyards!
*whistles innocently*

S

Soulstomp

LOL so after weeks of drama, and lotr you are back , i think you never left anyway , soo i cannot say wb but carry on

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didnt u all know!!

Its against the Law TO LEAVE UO!!!

Jeepers ive tried myself... twice... alas its a drug... addicted to UO...

Glad your sticking around Lucy and i certainly hope Zofinur comes back too!!!

Hey Europa will be a better place with both of u back and take no notice of the childish bully boys....

Time to dance the ''brocoli jive'' methinks...

:danceb::danceb:

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hey ive been waiting to post something that uses brocoli so hey here it goes
bugger didnt work
gonna maybe show my face at wbb later so wish me luck!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If Europas asking!! Then I'm dancing!!

:danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb:

********[The Europa Brocoli Jive]*******

B

blitz45

Lucy can you check your PM please, I might have something for you that can make your return a bit easier.

Wijnand

Alcestis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are actually taking gold/items/... Lucy, I would find this a very strange decission as you most certainly still have plenty to feed yourself with.
People do realise you still have your museum with 2 billion worth of rares in it for example, right?

I mean, sure, it's sad you lost your keep stuffed with gold, but it'd be pretty messed up if you took stuff from the less fortunate to make up for that loss, when in reality you are still wealthier than a lot of the people here.

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are actually taking gold/items/... Lucy, I would find this a very strange decission as you most certainly still have plenty to feed yourself with.
People do realise you still have your museum with 2 billion worth of rares in it for example, right?

I mean, sure, it's sad you lost your keep stuffed with gold, but it'd be pretty messed up if you took stuff from the less fortunate to make up for that loss, when in reality you are still wealthier than a lot of the people here.
yes gwen i couldnt agree more. i have refused gp from friends as i would never take it and i wanted to bankroll zof.
for me zof filled a vacancy with auction site and you fill the main shop void that was left after hemisphere left. lets just hope that some of us oldies are still around so we can meet and chat before they close uo down

S

Sally Cinnamon

Its a sad state of affairs when people can reply to make allegations about people OR declare their innocence but not answer simple return player Q's which make up a fair percentage of the Europa forum these days, I have noticed.

Anyway, one thing I always thought UO was full of, and that was community. I honestly can't see how anyone can brag about a museum when you can achieve a blessed item through killing a normal mob (sturdy blessed whip, anyone?). YES I'm a returning player, and YES I've not seen half of the new artifacts, but YESSSS I do understand the difference between graft and killing a few mobs to achieve a new title/status. To have a museum you should need serious knowledge of the lore of the game, not just enough millions to buy whatever you want. When it was fun you just needed know-how. That's where I think UO has gone wrong.

Alcestis. Regardless if you think Lucy untrustworthy or not, you have instilled a lack of trust and stopped people acting towards her 'plight' thus allowing her to react only legitimately and letting time tell. In future I hope you consider your words before you type them; I don't actually know Lucy, and have only spoken to you once ingame lately (at which point you were AFK I presumed because of the lack of reply) so I think I can speak from an unbiased POV.

I see Lucy replying in a friendly way not responding to any allegation other than anyone offering will be told they don't need to worry (because you have made them think they DO need to!) Now, I'll shut up - said far too much already. Thought UO was past this bitter and resentful crap! Now answer my Q's for gods sake :p

B

blitz45

Some people offer help not because they are feeling bad for the person but because what happened to the person was WRONG. I returned to UO after a 3-4 year hiatus and I notice all the bad stuff that has happened in this game.

EA closed down any good communication with the GM's (if any exist anymore?!) People get banned and you have to HOPE you get a reply to your email thats not a standard cut and paste. After one month of trying to get back in this game I got sick of it, everything I cherised in this game was broken and was futher ground down until I couldnt see myself ever playing UO again.

To me the way the group of banned people was taken care of was disgusting I once was grabbed for "botting" yet i got a email with what i exactly did wrong. Thats atlesat more then what you can say about this:

You are a duper yes i dont give 3 craps you found a cheap vendor you are therefore a duper.

think this reasoning is blunt? maybe it is! but the fact EA who has a dwindeling community and devs who refuse to properly communicate with the small group of people left says enough. Atleast Trammel is not Fel sunsword was on europa saying hello to people and talked to people on ICQ thats a LOT more then what i am seeing here.

I decided already I didnt want to be a part of this game anymore and since Lucy wants to remain I decided why not just give the not worth anything keep to her ? its probably her spot with a bit of luck to begin with! If she doesnt want it, I will just give it to the next person I have in mind but nowhere has she given me the impression she was begging for it, the fact she wants to remain and work on the things without asking for help is the reason i want to help ;)

The only thing UO has going for it is its community, the gameplay mechanics are broken, PVP is garbage the economy puts any real world economy to shame. And frankly it wouldnt suprise me if UO would be dead within 2 years.

B

Black Betty

Let me begin by stating that this will be the last time I post on this subject for now.

That being said, I am givin a public appology to not only Lucy, but my other guildmates and the rest of the community for allowing a dispute with another guildmate become public.

I would still like to see this put to rest and let go and all of us move forward in hopes that EA will at some point bring things to light for everyone. Until then, I will remain neutral publicly concerning this.

:eek: