• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lucky coin...

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a fountain at the back of the underworld (near the iron beetles). Toss it in if you feel lucky.

(there are some minor rewards)

H

HotDog

Where do I get the Lucky Coins? I know where the fountain is but I don't know how to get the coins...

F

Freya/Passion

Looks like they are going to be part of the hallway maze puzzle reward. But you can also get them off any corpse in the Underworld.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As Freya says, any creature in the Underworld (about a 1% chance per creature so they are quite uncommon)

C

Carmen from GL

was givien a 2 point dex bonus to my char that had 150 dex naturally but was cursed for a 2 point dex loss at the time. Now thats a reward!!! lol

L

Lil' Lucien

I received the gemologists satchel. Came with 6 random gems. Is the fancy liquid gold colored. Was hopin it would spawn at least one ML gem a day when locked down. <----- ( if devs are reading this......:thumbup: )

L

Lost-Soul

I wish i would have kept my lucky coin for deco instead of turning it in for the crappy reward. There are alot of puzzles/quests that are alot easier that give alot better stuff. Epic fail on this one devs.

K

katluma

Goblins seem to drop them more often, I have hunted for them at the top of the puzzle hallway. If I spend an hour there I get three or four of them. Sometimes more if I am lucky :)

A

American

Wow. Junk reward is junk.
My reward was: "You suddenly feel less vulnerable"

I don't see anything different.
Maybe It gave me 1 str! GO DEVS! You guys are awesome!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just got my first lucky coin from the puzzle room reward.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've heard rumors that there may be better rewards but just more rare. The small sample that we have gives no basis to say yet whether keeping the coins as deco is better than the small chance at whatever unknown reward may be there. I have not yet visited the fountain but have gotten like 5 coins from corpses or puzzle. It is my understanding that the coins from the puzzle are to be given only temporarily in place of the SoT. I hope to see the SoT return to the puzzle room so I hope they fix whatever it is that they are examining.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is nothing wrong with the puzzle board or the 3.0 SOTS. The lucky coins were put in due to the mass quanties of sots that is available due to the exploit. Once they notice that the 3.0 SOTS either are diminishing in quantity or the value is next to nothing they will probally put them back in.

jradar71

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have heard rumors of a possible reward (lucky sandals), but have not been able to confirm this yet.

F

Freya/Passion

I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but you can throw in two coins at once and get two rewards.

H

house4saleUO

I've heard rumors that there may be better rewards but just more rare. The small sample that we have gives no basis to say yet whether keeping the coins as deco is better than the small chance at whatever unknown reward may be there. I have not yet visited the fountain but have gotten like 5 coins from corpses or puzzle. It is my understanding that the coins from the puzzle are to be given only temporarily in place of the SoT. I hope to see the SoT return to the puzzle room so I hope they fix whatever it is that they are examining.
What they are examining is a exstreamly abusive exploit. Peps found out how to do puzzles over and over again one right after another. I have seen some vendors on Baja that have over 50 3.0 sots on them in the first week of the exspansion. So devs shut them down. I'm guessing because there is a ton of 3.0 SOTS banked and stored, just like they nerfed gold weight when peps where exploiting gold farming and duping.

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have heard rumors of a possible reward (lucky sandals), but have not been able to confirm this yet.
I tossed a coin in hoping to get the gemologists satchel. Instead I got the Soles of Providence (80 Luck Sandals)

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What the hell do I do with this thing?

What has everyone else got?

I didn't know what it was for either until reading this thread and that's awesome. Its funny how things suggested come around. I suggested making a wishing well for exactly what they had done during the ML beta test in July 2005.
excerpt from bug report...

"9. There is a well next to Twin oaks tavern that would be fun to drop gold coins in it to increase luck as a wishing well. Maybe just temporarily or only if a person does it one coin at a time."

-Lorax

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can confirm the lucky sandals are a reward from the fountain. It was the first coin I dropped.

They have 80 luck and are gold in color