• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Luck statue *Poof*-ed gone?

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Gosh this is annoying! Last night we did another Roof battle, and while fighting Ozmandia last, we suddenly remembered we still had to hit the luck statue. So one of our chars put down the statue like normally, but unlike normally right after she and another char dc-ed it and got their luck improved, it disappeared in a puff of smoke?! Poof! Gone?! Has anyone else ever had that happen? We’ll try passing it around then from now on, not from the floor... :/ :/

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes it happened to our group too! Trading to a friend is our preferred method now.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Item decay timers on many items do not reset when picked back up after being set down. I don't know if this is intentional or a bug.

So, if an item with such a condition ends up spending a cumulative hour on the ground not locked down, even if over weeks, it goes "poof".

I've had this happen to several containers and furniture over the years.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep had this happen. Ever since then I carry one on my own character.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I suspect this has more to do with boss anti-blocking mechanics than anything else. There are many bosses that will poof items on the ground. I’ve never tested the radius but I would guess this is the culprit.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suspect this has more to do with boss anti-blocking mechanics than anything else. There are many bosses that will poof items on the ground. I’ve never tested the radius but I would guess this is the culprit.
Yes it is. The luck statue's an impassable object and all 4 of the roof bosses destroy them.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
yup, happened to a guild mate as well, was funny as hell!
gotta love the anti blocking code, no mercy, savage level 10!

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The boss has the ability to destroy everything on sight, including bless items. Don’t put anything near the boss.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Seen that happen a couple of times, sad to lose your statue with no warning like that! :(

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Ah, that explains, normally we do that ahead of the last battle, so then we didn't notice! But this time forgot and thought to do it during battle, now we know! Thanks for the explanation, lesson learned!